GDT - Ottawa Redblacks vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers - Let the Redemption Tour Begin!

17 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree with all of this... except BA needs to be out of the lineup, now... he made the team this year based on the 2021 version of himself... and despite not being anywhere near that anymore... he still continues to start

I don't disagree but he's already there, in the lineup, they'll trot him out there .. I just want to see some accountability if / when  a coverage is blown and it results in us being in yet another hole.

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree with all of this... except BA needs to be out of the lineup, now... he made the team this year based on the 2021 version of himself... and despite not being anywhere near that anymore... he still continues to start

That’s maddening too as it’s such an easy fix. Move Holm to safety where he belongs and use Bridges or Griffen in the HB spot. 

I’ve never seen a team so obsessed with pigeonholing guys into the wrong position or role. 

Remember when it took 2 years to get pre-injury BA into the FS spot and they pissed around with him on the corner? 

Depth chart looks okay as far as depth at each position group. Sure, we're still a far reach from how good we could be...but at least the newer guys have had some games to get their feet under them. Josh Johnson and Ontaria Wilson have shown glimpses as to why they are in the starting lineup. Fayad has given our D-Line a boost and allowed Adams to play more of an inside role. All we need is a proper gameplan and for Strev to come out of the gate with some consistency and we could win this game.

32 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It didn’t lead to anything else, but that was an extremely fun game to be at. We hadn’t beat the Stamps without a backup QB playing for them in like 500 games at that point. 

Yep. Dinwiddie threw for 450 yards and a TD to Romby Bryant. Unfortunately that was probably the highlight of the 2008 season. It eventually led to the firing of Taman and Doug Berry and the hiring of Mike Kelly... Be careful what you wish for...

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The Ballad of Chris Streveler

When I was #17, I drank some very good beer,

I drank some very good beer, from the Grey Cup, with a guy named Dee,

He was an awesome DB,

Now we have Tyrique McGhee,

When I was #17

Streveler and Alford never played on the same team.

39 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yep. Dinwiddie threw for 450 yards and a TD to Romby Bryant. Unfortunately that was probably the highlight of the 2008 season. It eventually led to the firing of Taman and Doug Berry and the hiring of Mike Kelly... Be careful what you wish for...

I’d still say those guys needed to go, they just got the replacement hire way wrong. 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

"you don't know you're in the "good old days" until they're over"

-Ed Helms character (Andy??) from the Office (I think)

Funny thing is even though statistically we were dominating ,a lot of the fan base were starting to see the cracks in the armour. We weren’t quite as good as in 2021, or 2022.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I for one am just hoping Streveler and the team balls out and we win.

Its like Queenryche said "There's a Streveloution coming."**

**It may have been revolution, I have listened to a ton of loud music and it impacts the hearing.

I bought a Strevy jersey. 

People can question his passing ability but there is no denying he'll do whatever possible to try to lead the team to a win. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Strev is a beauty. I for one hope he has nothing but success here.

100% ~ Fans love him. I happened to be in the stands in 2018 when Streveler showed up for his first practice. Something special about him, the casual the way he bounced the football off the turf watching and waiting to take reps but you could tell the dude was wired. Hopefully he remembers he doesn't have to do it all himself.