GDT - Ottawa Redblacks vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers - Let the Redemption Tour Begin!

37 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I bought a Strevy jersey. 

People can question his passing ability but there is no denying he'll do whatever possible to try to lead the team to a win. 

100 percent. I noticed whenever they pan to him on the sidelines he’s always walking around high-fiving and chatting with teammates. He’s someone you’d run through a brick wall for. 

Strevy is certainly an all time character. But he hasn’t been even as good this year at running as prukop was for us last year. Five years older and no longer (at least so far) the unstoppable force he was.

I give him credit for throwing for some yards against Calgary but he also one hopped a lot of passes. Tonight would be a great time for him to have a career best game.

Really feel like we need the W tonight badly. Also curious when the boo birds come out. They were out last home game a bit. 

I want wade miller coming  if we losing like stone cold in the attitude era kicking peoples asses and chugging miller lites and lastly hits a stunner on O’Shea to send em packing and the crowd home happy  

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

100% ~ Fans love him. I happened to be in the stands in 2018 when Streveler showed up for his first practice. Something special about him, the casual the way he bounced the football off the turf watching and waiting to take reps but you could tell the dude was wired. Hopefully he remembers he doesn't have to do it all himself. 

I watched his firstsession here...actually after the Bombers practiced as he hadnt technically signed yet...Had him throw all the throws to Bison recievers...and to targets.....he was just nailing them all...dropping back and throwing on the run like a QB....If they allow him to do that,....he will do very well

Edited by Booch

12 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Lol @ Ed Tait. "It was the weirdest thing..when Streveler came in the young receivers weren't being ignored anymore". Was it weird, Ed? Really?

Well in Zach’s defense it’s a three down league. Anytime Zach went in their direction it was either a drop or a bad route from the receiver.He had no issues finding Wheatfall in the Ottawa game, you gotta prove you can move the chains. 

2 hours ago, TommyClements said:

Strevy is certainly an all time character. But he hasn’t been even as good this year at running as prukop was for us last year. Five years older and no longer (at least so far) the unstoppable force he was.

I give him credit for throwing for some yards against Calgary but he also one hopped a lot of passes. Tonight would be a great time for him to have a career best game.

Prukop was hot garbage running last year.  He fumbled and tossed a pick in the strevy package last year, and strevy has run for similar yards in 4 games than poopkup did in 15. Poopkups sneaks came up short a few times too. 

Edited by wbbfan

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Really feel like we need the W tonight badly. Also curious when the boo birds come out. They were out last home game a bit. 

I want wade miller coming  if we losing like stone cold in the attitude era kicking peoples asses and chugging miller lites and lastly hits a stunner on O’Shea to send em packing and the crowd home happy  

They are basically all must wins now.  If you played .500 the rest of the way you'd finish 7-11.

34 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I asked the same question on here and I believe @wbbfan gave a similar answer as Wally.

It's 1000% harder to pass protect for a scrambling QB in the context of blocking on 5-7 step drops where the scheme is to have the QB deep behind centre and you blocking flows from that idea.

Now, in terms of overall blocking....with a running QB or a QB D's view as a run threat it is way easier to run block.  There's more space.  When Collaros is in the D isn't even counting him as a potential runner.  Going to be a 180 with Streveler.  A ton of stuff both run and pass you can run off this.  And we should because Streveler isn't going to do 5 and 7 step drops and fire accurate lasers all over the place for 4 quarters.

It should be way harder for the D to defend an offense with Streveler out there if we've schemed properly.  They should be in a bind all night.

I think if we win the turnover battle, limit brainfart penaltys, dont allow the explosion plays, and just get after the QB a little more we will win big. Otherwise it will be another close game. I do feel real good about this one though!

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Prukop was hot garbage running last year.  He fumbled and tossed a pick in the strevy package last year, and strevy has run for similar yards in 4 games than poopkup did in 15. Poopkups sneaks came up short a few times too. 

I wish that was the only time he did that..

4 minutes ago, coach17 said:

I think if we win the turnover battle, limit brainfart penaltys, dont allow the explosion plays, and just get after the QB a little more we will win big. Otherwise it will be another close game. I do feel real good about this one though!

Pass rush is huge.  If Dru gets to set up where he wants and stay on time he'll get in rhythm and probably throw for 350.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Pass rush is huge.  If Dru gets to set up where he wants and stay on time he'll get in rhythm and probably throw for 350.

Brown is smart and if we give him time, he will pick us apart. Our secondary is shaky to say the least. 

27 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I was saying before, I think (if anywhere) our pass rush on the edge is where Ottawa can be had. Their OTs aren’t the greatest 

34 minutes ago, coach17 said:

We have been uncharacteristically undisciplined with penalties this year bad with our reduced production that doesn’t help. 

Hopefully we ride the right guys on the defensive line with majority of the reps...the players who offer the most..are the most versatile...and allow us to be creative...

We do that we will see a huge diff in qb pressures