Around the NHL 2024-25

Oilers trade Ryan McLeod to buffalo for Tyler Tulio and Matthew Savoie. Insane. Former Winnipeg ice Center/RW 9th overall pick a couple years ago. Same draft as Rutger McGroarty 

Edited by Goalie

The trouba stuff in NY is wild, might lead to a buyouT. Every team NYR talking to he put on his no trade list lol. They essentially stuck with a player they don’t want who is also their captain. 

wifey ain’t done her residency cuz Covid. It’s a interesting situation 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Sure but he was still under contract for another year.

Yes but if they mutually agree to terminate the contract then it gets wiped off the books, Canes got lucky.😊

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The Oilers just have no shame, Evander Kane, Corey Perry, Stan Bowman etc etc but hey cheer for the Oilers cuz Country over Hate.

Some insight from Sheldon Kennedy on what Bowman has done since leaving the Hawks. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/sheldon-kennedy-of-respect-in-sports-group-reflects-on-his-work-with-stan-bowman.

"I was immediately struck by Stan’s genuine care and concern for Kyle, and what could have been done differently," Kennedy said. "During that period, we spoke almost daily about the seriousness of sexual abuse from the victim’s perspective. We didn’t talk about hockey at all. We focused on what went wrong, what he could have done differently and, most importantly, what could be done to prevent this from happening again."

Kennedy said Bowman's desire to acknowledge his mistakes and make amends with Beach were sincere and that he volunteered nearly full-time hours to help develop the Respect Charter and workshop curriculums. He added Bowman also co-facilitated the Respect Charter session at Trinity Western University in British Columbia and met with Beach, who attended the workshops and discussed their realities.

"Stan’s acceptance, open mindedness, and understanding were huge difference makers in building this workshop," Kennedy said.

Near the end of his letter, Kennedy said he believes Bowman "would be a valuable asset to an organization due to his acknowledgment of past mistakes and his relentless efforts to make the locker room/game safer for everyone.

"Lastly and most importantly, I feel that Stan will do everything in his power to make sure what happened to Kyle Beach (who is a hero in my opinion) will not happen to anyone else," he added.

________

I respect Kennedy's perspective on this topic. Perhaps Bowman has realized some personal growth in his time away. 

Edited by Tony Fresco

12 minutes ago, Tony Fresco said:

Some insight from Sheldon Kennedy on what Bowman has done since leaving the Hawks. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/sheldon-kennedy-of-respect-in-sports-group-reflects-on-his-work-with-stan-bowman.

"I was immediately struck by Stan’s genuine care and concern for Kyle, and what could have been done differently," Kennedy said. "During that period, we spoke almost daily about the seriousness of sexual abuse from the victim’s perspective. We didn’t talk about hockey at all. We focused on what went wrong, what he could have done differently and, most importantly, what could be done to prevent this from happening again."

Kennedy said Bowman's desire to acknowledge his mistakes and make amends with Beach were sincere and that he volunteered nearly full-time hours to help develop the Respect Charter and workshop curriculums. He added Bowman also co-facilitated the Respect Charter session at Trinity Western University in British Columbia and met with Beach, who attended the workshops and discussed their realities.

"Stan’s acceptance, open mindedness, and understanding were huge difference makers in building this workshop," Kennedy said.

Near the end of his letter, Kennedy said he believes Bowman "would be a valuable asset to an organization due to his acknowledgment of past mistakes and his relentless efforts to make the locker room/game safer for everyone.

"Lastly and most importantly, I feel that Stan will do everything in his power to make sure what happened to Kyle Beach (who is a hero in my opinion) will not happen to anyone else," he added.

________

I respect Kennedy's perspective on this topic. Perhaps Bowman has realized some personal growth in his time away. 

Sounds like he tried hard to better himself. He’s not a murderer. He didn’t do anything to Kyle beach. He deserves another opportunity 

14 minutes ago, Tony Fresco said:

________

All good, thank you for this. Personal growth is a must for all of us so Kudos to Mr. Bowman.

Though I still think the Oilers suck. :-)

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like he tried hard to better himself. He’s not a murderer. He didn’t do anything to Kyle beach. He deserves another opportunity 

Bowman's failure to report the alleged assault eventually led to Brad Aldrich committing further acts of sexual abuse for which he was convicted.

So yeah...not a murderer is about the best thing you could say.