3 stars plus hh first W!

4 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I was watching the draft and you could see the confusion on Forde and Ferguson faces everytime Barker said something.

Barker is a not stop yapper, he can fill voids easily even when he has nothing intelligent to say, he'll just talk, talk, talk, till the cows come home.

24 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Barker is a not stop yapper, he can fill voids easily even when he has nothing intelligent to say, he'll just talk, talk, talk, till the cows come home.

He definitely seems like a guy who enjoys the smell of his own farts 

-I want to give love to Castillo. He’s looking like prime Medlock out there. Has he missed a kick since the whole chipped ball fiasco?

- I also want to give love to our cover team, completely eliminated Dedmon all game long and got some nasty shots on him 

- I said this in another thread but i thought our secondary was outstanding as a whole . What a big signing Ford ended up being he’s been on lock down since a rough opening game .

There’s the obvious ones like Brady and Streveler. A lot of hard earned runs tonight, feels good to get the win, I mean ultimately we’ve been more competitive each week we need to match that energy and then some next week against Calgary.

33 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

-I want to give love to Castillo. He’s looking like prime Medlock out there. Has he missed a kick since the whole chipped ball fiasco?

- I also want to give love to our cover team, completely eliminated Dedmon all game long and got some nasty shots on him 

- I said this in another thread but i thought our secondary was outstanding as a whole . What a big signing Ford ended up being he’s been on lock down since a rough opening game .

There’s the obvious ones like Brady and Streveler. A lot of hard earned runs tonight, feels good to get the win, I mean ultimately we’ve been more competitive each week we need to match that energy and then some next week against Calgary.

No misses since the chip incident. and that cal game was tough. 
Cover teams has indeed been excellent a massive improvement over last year. 
Yeah over all the secondary played very well. Brown only completed 2 passes and Crum another 8. Big improvements in execution over earlier this year.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

TSN really would be more watchable if they got rid of old man barker and suitor. Suitor just out to lunch on everything he says. Zach was throwing for 350 400 yards he says. Umm when. Barker, every time he talks I don’t know whether I should pee in his mouth. He’s so old school, it’s just not a good look. Dude is beyond fried in the head. Barker rubs me as a guy who just , let’s just say i think he encourages stupid behaviour 

On that note an honourable mention to the panel host. She kept the discussion about football and not mindless banter. If barker and suitor were mia it would’ve been excellent. And you know if they showed replays lol 

14 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Lapo's playbook videos are great.  He would make an excellent colour commentator.

That's what I was getting at. Great minds. Loved how he would discuss the formation or play and describe why a team would use it, what has to work etc. Football talk but accessible. 

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

That's what I was getting at. Great minds. Loved how he would discuss the formation or play and describe why a team would use it, what has to work etc. Football talk but accessible. 

I wonder who the main guys on telecasts are going to be when CTV kicks in ....That might liven  broadcasts up a bit......orrrrrr not.....Chris Cuthbert where are you

Edited by Stickem

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

As far as I know it would just be a simulcast of TSN shown on the CTV feeds 

It is 100% this. Why the **** would they bring in a new crew? It's just airing the TSN product on their big sister network...

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

No misses since the chip incident. and that cal game was tough. 
Cover teams has indeed been excellent a massive improvement over last year. 
Yeah over all the secondary played very well. Brown only completed 2 passes and Crum another 8. Big improvements in execution over earlier this year.

On that note an honourable mention to the panel host. She kept the discussion about football and not mindless banter. If barker and suitor were mia it would’ve been excellent. And you know if they showed replays lol 

Laura Diakun. Yes, thoroughly professional. In my opinion, she is much better than Kate Beirness, who seems to encourage and participate in that mindless banter.

3 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Laura Diakun. Yes, thoroughly professional. In my opinion, she is much better than Kate Beirness, who seems to encourage and participate in that mindless banter.

Yeah she has less of a phys ed teacher vibe than the rest of the panel. 

3 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

She was such a breath of fresh air. It seems like every one on the panel normally is so busy trying to be a big personality like Stephen a smith or some thing. You’ve got to have a give and take, while still letting the news/sport/event be the star. Like pti with kornheiser and wilbon. Those guys get balancing the Shtick with the topic, and playing off each other. Maybe it’s just a case of me being an old man yelling at clouds. But even the more shlocky presentations like inside the nba do it much better. 

49 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

She was such a breath of fresh air. It seems like every one on the panel normally is so busy trying to be a big personality like Stephen a smith or some thing. You’ve got to have a give and take, while still letting the news/sport/event be the star. Like pti with kornheiser and wilbon. Those guys get balancing the Shtick with the topic, and playing off each other. Maybe it’s just a case of me being an old man yelling at clouds. But even the more shlocky presentations like inside the nba do it much better. 

Problem with the panel is they all act like ESPN personalities such as Stephen A. Smith or Kendrick Perkins and its terrible television. 

20 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Somebody mentioned on the CJOB post game show that this game was a throwback to 2019 when Strev. was the starter at the end of the season between Nichols injury and Zach's arrival, he plays about the same way now as he did back then. Also as strong a reliance on FG's as in Medlock's time and strong ST play on both sides.  

I'm not a fan of the 2019 Strev stuff.... I'd like to see him throw the ball more and take far less contact in the game.   I do enjoy watching him roll out and dumping it off to Brady.... reminded me old school Flutie who would be able to non stop shovel pass the ball for 5 - 10 yard gains.  

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The worst thing about Beirness is when she turns up the "sportscaster" voice.  It's unwatchable.  Was the same for me when she was on Sportscentre.  I've actually heard her talk in a normal voice when being interviewed, so it's not her normal voice.

The best broadcasters, radio personalities are the ones who converse in their normal voices. That’s just a fact.

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The best broadcasters, radio personalities are the ones who converse in their normal voices. That’s just a fact.

Be the same person on the mic as you are off the mic.... People can smell bullshit a mile away. It's a cardinal rule of broadcasting.