The Bighill thread

Is he playing hurt?

Is he completely shot?

Would O'Shea even consider benching him?

Instead of cutting him do they put him on the IR?

Could Walters work a miracle and fleece another team  with a trade ?

Are we all over reacting on his level of play? 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Is he playing hurt?

Is he completely shot?

Would O'Shea even consider benching him?

Instead of cutting him do they put him on the IR?

Could Walters work a miracle and fleece another team  with a trade ?

Are we all over reacting on his level of play? 

age....injuries over the yrs...mileage....all factoring in....He not an everydown guy anymore...But would be more than adequate as a DA backing up a new up and comer, and come in for certain packages/in game injury replacement and an on the field coach.

His play has been eroding the last 2 yrs now, and injuries accumulating and lingering....time to make those tough decisions

Edited by Booch

I feel awful shitting on Bighill, in past years he’s been one of my all time favourite Bombers to watch. I’d put the anger towards  the coach and management who kept him in this role. 
BA playing is worse for the team right now anyway, change it to the Useless Old Players thread. 

48 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Micheal Ayers is the MLB of the future

High hopes but huge difference between being an ST ace and a starting MLB. 

46 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He's the Derrick Doggett of the present.

Kyle Knox 

Had high hopes for Cole but he's been mostly invisible for 4 games now, seems to have talent but not very consistent at applying it.  Somebody is going to step in front of him and take his job if he can't establish himself as more than a role player.

32 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Had high hopes for Cole but he's been mostly invisible for 4 games now, seems to have talent but not very consistent at applying it.  Somebody is going to step in front of him and take his job if he can't establish himself as more than a role player.

can he step in when Alexander and Kramdi are cemented in the starting spots regardless of performance? 

Cole has been good...hard to be noticeable and impact full with plugs getting reps ahead of you 

Poor judgement and plain dumb hit on Brown aside..Kramdi was more god awful than usual...another game chalk full of being right lost and out of position multiple times...more disgustingly bad missed tackles...now stupidity included...he needs to.be parked as a st and injury replacement guy only...even in rotation he is pointless

Had a couple at camp. Thomas and petrishen and even Moses   Last time our linebackers could tackle was pre season. Last time our dl got pressure consistently also. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Had a couple at camp. Thomas and petrishen and even Moses   Last time our linebackers could tackle was pre season. Last time our dl got pressure consistently also. 

Thomas was a WIL. He made a ton of plays in preseason though. I thought he should/could have replaced Wilson. 

Some on here liked that Gemmell in the middle too. 

I’m not sure of any LBs on the NFL cut bubble that have been up here previously.

23 hours ago, Booch said:

age....injuries over the yrs...mileage....all factoring in....He not an everydown guy anymore...But would be more than adequate as a DA backing up a new up and comer, and come in for certain packages/in game injury replacement and an on the field coach.

His play has been eroding the last 2 yrs now, and injuries accumulating and lingering....time to make those tough decisions

Yup great guy. Just his time. All good. Great career. Time to shift.

I always preface these type of things by saying I'm nowhere near an expert... but to my untrained eye, I was not super impressed with Petrishen... Moses seemed like a keeper... I didn't get a good glimpse of Thomas... but a lot of people around here (who's opinion's I trust) seemed to like him... Ayers has looked decent on team so far this year (has he taken any reps on D?) and he's always listed as WIL on the DC, not sure if that means anything... I feel like he's this year's Cole.... start out primarily on teams and slowly start working his way into the defense... 

Just now, bearpants said:

I always preface these type of things by saying I'm nowhere near an expert... but to my untrained eye, I was not super impressed with Petrishen... Moses seemed like a keeper... I didn't get a good glimpse of Thomas... but a lot of people around here (who's opinion's I trust) seemed to like him... Ayers has looked decent on team so far this year (has he taken any reps on D?) and he's always listed as WIL on the DC, not sure if that means anything... I feel like he's this year's Cole.... start out primarily on teams and slowly start working his way into the defense... 

Thomas could have filled multiple roles..Wil...SAM....Even safety...just had a nose for the ball and had that sideline to sideline pursuit that a young Wilson...I don't recall him even really messing up

Petrishen to me was meh...Moses was raw...and rusty but had all the tools, and made plays...He just needed to learn the Canadian nuances...why he wasn't kept...even for just aprt the yr on the PR to see if he could put it all together was puzzling too..I know he got hurt near end of camp...so maybe he gets brought back?...Dunno

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Really liked Ayers in camp, and Thomas was good as well. Petrishen I don't recall one way or the other, Moses was a mix of both good and bad at various times.

If this isn't enough to make yhou say....why? I don't know what is

Also a nice display of Kramdi behind the play...not going hard, and tippy toeing around doing zip...ala Thomas on so many plays.....fix those 3 areas....we would be pretty damn good

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Really liked Ayers in camp, and Thomas was good as well. Petrishen I don't recall one way or the other, Moses was a mix of both good and bad at various times.

Gemmel was good too...worth keeping around

1 minute ago, Booch said:

If this isn't enough to make yhou say....why? I don't know what is

Also a nice display of Kramdi behind the play...not going hard, and tippy toeing around doing zip...ala Thomas on so many plays.....fix those 3 areas....we would be pretty damn good

Gemmel was good too...worth keeping around

Forgot about Gemmel and I was on his bandwagon...lol.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Forgot about Gemmel and I was on his bandwagon...lol.

me too....didnt appear he did anything to play himself off the team...But I guess the Biggie/Wilson factor got him...maybe he declined a PR spot as he saw the bullshit going on