The Bighill thread

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

me too....didnt appear he did anything to play himself off the team...But I guess the Biggie/Wilson factor got him...maybe he declined a PR spot as he saw the bullshit going on

Yea...I thought he had a really good pre-season game where he made a lot of good plays. I don't remember which game but I remember he stood out to me.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea...I thought he had a really good pre-season game where he made a lot of good plays.

He was on the PR for a couple weeks then bighill came back and he was released. Kinda like fayad being released cuz Garbutt is prob healthy 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He was on the PR for a couple weeks then bighill came back and he was released. Kinda like fayad being released cuz Garbutt is prob healthy 

ahh...Thats right...damn shame

But if you truly wanted to find a bell cow type mlb on an entry level deal...who could cover...run stop with power, and speed....you wouldn't have a hard time finding one if that was your focus. I've been told the states are full of all Star quality players willing to play for league minimum....

36 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

But if you truly wanted to find a bell cow type mlb on an entry level deal...who could cover...run stop with power, and speed....you wouldn't have a hard time finding one if that was your focus. I've been told the states are full of all Star quality players willing to play for league minimum....

showing yhour inept ability to have any sense...Linebackers are never referred to as "Bell Cow" Nuff said

and every Linebacker you described...came into the league at exactly that...an entry level contract as a rookie...again...cementing your total lack of any football or CFL related intelligence

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

showing yhour inept ability to have any sense...Linebackers are never referred to as "Bell Cow" Nuff said

and every Linebacker you described...came into the league at exactly that...an entry level contract as a rookie...again...cementing your total lack of any football or CFL related intelligence

Not many starting out as the leader of the D though.  Most of those guys well into their careers.  Another reason why holding onto Wilson at WIL is going to bite us in the ass.  Either he makes that move or we're buying someone in free agency because we aren't developing that guy through the WIL spot to get the experience to run the show.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not many starting out as the leader of the D though.  Most of those guys well into their careers.  Another reason why holding onto Wilson at WIL is going to bite us in the ass.  Either he makes that move or we're buying someone in free agency because we aren't developing that guy through the WIL spot to get the experience to run the show.

thats where we lacked foresight to identify, and then develop a guy the last 2 yrs...we should have been cycling thru guys all yr long on the PR to get that player in house, instead of hanging on to guys...some them for several yrs with no real belief they were gonna even amount to anything

Back in the day....not so long ago the PR was always in flux and guys were coming and going all yr long...we have not done that of late

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

Lol I just copied your comment about rbs from earlier and changed it to MLB's. Thanks for proving you're clueless 😂 I can't believe you bit on that obvious bait.

I suggest you follow this old adage: Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Edited by Pepper_Brooks

6 hours ago, Booch said:

If this isn't enough to make yhou say....why? I don't know what is

Also a nice display of Kramdi behind the play...not going hard, and tippy toeing around doing zip...ala Thomas on so many plays.....fix those 3 areas....we would be pretty damn good

Gemmel was good too...worth keeping around

He beat biggie in the hole like 5 or 6 times too, 3 with the same spin. Trucked him a couple times as well. 
Age is undefeated. Last year was the end of biggies serviceability. He’s got no place on the field now.  

1 hour ago, Booch said:

And tbh the market for lbers is really cheap these days. Wynton McManis is head and shoulders above the rest of the leagues lbers and he just finally got a decent pay day making 200k with bonuses. Biggie at 165 is a joke. 
 Canadians like hladik and Lokombo both make a good chunk less, as does Morgan in Edmonton and even our former all star in jsk. 

Biggie. Wilson. Alexander. Augustine. Even kolo could all be purged. Kramdi also. Neufeld. I mean Brady and Demski are our Canadian stars so I’d keep them over all these guys. Lawler never healthy so that’s a big bunch also. Zach is killer. I think you could trade him tho but Zach was/could maybe still be a superstar cfl qb and earn his big cash like all qbs in the cfl have forever. I guess when your biggest contracts aren’t performing on the field , you should prob start to play some younger guys soon. But there appears to be none on the PR to replace these guys. Your cdn stars prob should be paid tho so no issue there so demski Brady. I’m keeping them. Bigger problems than star local rb and “star” local receiver. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Lol I just copied your comment about rbs from earlier and changed it to MLB's. Thanks for proving you're clueless 😂 I can't believe you bit on that obvious bait.

I suggest you follow this old adage: Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

so now you plagiarize ?...ummmhmmmm....okie dokie pumpkin 😙

theres also the old adage that you shouldn't try and talk to appear smart....as it makes you look the fool...ye with all the football experience

I got a proposition for you...I gleen from your rambles you are out on the West coast??...I have some football related business and training at San Jose State and also in the state of Washington...some camps and recruitment commitments....How bout you make your way to one of em...I'll even put you up and you can see...meet...and discuss football with some my cohorts....then we can see who can back thier sh!t up...and has a football back ground...and who is the actual douchewhistle.....

47 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Adam Bell Cow is his new name

Bell cow of all Bell cowin backers! 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

theres also the old adage that you shouldn't try and talk to appear smart....as it makes you look the fool...ye with all the football experience

I got a proposition for you...I gleen from your rambles you are out on the West coast??...I have some football related business and training at San Jose State and also in the state of Washington...some camps and recruitment commitments....How bout you make your way to one of em...I'll even put you up and you can see...meet...and discuss football with some my cohorts....then we can see who can back thier sh!t up...and has a football back ground...and who is the actual douchewhistle.....

Last year he hurt his bell calf 

15 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Running backs are basically the only position on the field ever refered to as being a "bell cow" type of player....that's why what you said doesn't work. LBs are not refered to like that, running backs are.

14 hours ago, Booch said:

Shiiit can I take you up on that offer? Lol. I'm not on the west coast but I will be later this fall

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Running backs are basically the only position on the field ever refered to as being a "bell cow" type of player....that's why what you said doesn't work. LBs are not refered to like that, running backs are.

Shiiit can I take you up on that offer? Lol. I'm not on the west coast but I will be later this fall

sure.....If something is going on I'm game

22 hours ago, Booch said:

Douchewhistle lol. I don't even know what that means but you're killing it. I see your holster is working fine. 🙂

If they won't outright cut him... could they at least 6 game - thorax him?     I'd much rather they give those reps to a guy with upside and have those growing pains rather then watching someone rapidly decline week in and week out who is holding the team back big time with his play.  

Last 2 games...he's had some serious bad whiffs...and some plays where he just physically couldn't get himself in position to even attempt to make a play...he needs to be in Gauthiers role...and Gauthier just stick to ST and emergency fill in and goal line sets