The Bighill thread

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There is zero question he's WBB HOF, Ring if Honour and CFL 1st ballot HOFer..... One of the best to ever do it. Until about midway through last year. 

Going from Sam Hurl to Adam Bighill was pretty much a franchise changer for us, love all that Bighill has done for us. First ballot hall of famer but yeah this has to hopefully be the last year. It happens to all the greats there’s no shame in it. Eventually your body starts wearing you down. 

2 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

I dunno… anytime Biggie gets sent into the LOS he’s manhandled by opposing OL and usually ends up on the turf as the play goes by.

Love Bighill, was a key piece building towards the championships and it sucks watching the decline.  He’s had a ton of singularly spectacular plays over his time with the Bombers but his relentless play in the ‘21 Grey Cup especially stands out to me.  Team was behind the 8-ball and he just never stopped… all time Bighill.

Out of all his MODP seasons, I think 2021 was his most impressive. The guy legitimately was a heat seeking missile. 

20 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Going from Sam Hurl to Adam Bighill was pretty much a franchise changer for us, love all that Bighill has done for us. First ballot hall of famer but yeah this has to hopefully be the last year. It happens to all the greats there’s no shame in it. Eventually your body starts wearing you down. 

He also just doesn't look to be in the best shape...im not sure how he compares to other seasons....but it certainly looks as of he's added some weight and not muscle

On 2024-07-13 at 1:16 PM, Arnold_Palmer said:

Sam Hurl: ‘shiver’.

I’m not gonna call him biggie anymore. I can’t. The OG biggie was gunned down years ago and the other Biggie is the blue dude from Trolls. 

this dude who plays for us still. He’s a foothill now. Not a bighill that’s for certain 

Appear to have a first 2 letters of the alphabet problem on D plus JT. 

AB and BA   They are no longer our dancing queens. 

Edited by Goalie

O’Shea gonna have to go before a vet is let go. It’s apparent that he doesn’t think the vets are the problem. It’s delusion. Brown mentioned something about Zach under throwing guys for the last year plus and Osh just said nah I don’t think so basically. Every excuse for the struggling vets. The rooks tho miss 1 tackle and out they go. 

Edited by Goalie

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

O’Shea gonna have to go before a vet is let go. It’s apparent that he doesn’t think the vets are the problem. It’s delusion. Brown mentioned something about Zach under throwing guys for the last year plus and Osh just said nah I don’t think so basically. Every excuse for the struggling vets. The rooks tho miss 1 tackle and out they go. 

O'Shea on the postgame show "Zach doesn't need to.prove anything".

Screw that. Every player should need to constantly prove something every day. That's how we won 2 Grey Cups.

Osh is coaching for the name on the back instead of the logo on the front. FIFO is dead.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Screw that. Every player should need to constantly prove something every day. That's how we won 2 Grey Cups.

Osh is coaching for the name on the back instead of the logo on the front. FIFO is dead.

You have to earn it...prove it..and sustain it...Osh is just showing how clueless he is

ZC ..BA...Biggie..Thomas...Kolo...to lesser extent Kramdi...even Holm this yr...the first 5 definitely need to prove they are still elite...and for 2 yrs now all have been regressing...2 of them shouldn't even be on the roster...Osh needs to pull his head out of his 2021 arse and wake the eff up

Same with how he uses the talent he has on roster...you can't tell me a healthy rotation...steady reps for WJ..Garbutt..Adams...woods and Fox when healthy wouldn't make a huge difference on QB pressures and run defence than one or.two of them...and loads and loads of Thomas...schmeckle and rookie Hubert...that right there is a easy and quick fix...but his stubborn smug face won't do it...no excuse for it...none

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

“The players implemented FIFO” It was an old Argo thing and if the players used it, it was because the coach liked it. At this point it should be “play well or **** off”

“From the ****** handshake” was the little motto the players used when this thing was originally turning around. Started by Jamal Westerman iirc. I liked that one much better. 

58 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

You have to prove yourself every game of every season. What a moronic statement. 

Its the same kind of stuff he would have said about Matt Nichols even right before Nichols' last game at the team's starter. My issue right now is not with Collaros starting but rather that we aren't doing what we did in our first Grey Cup run and using packages with Streveler to take the pressure off Zack.   You could wear down the D and also give teams more to have to prepare for this way. It's frustrating. 

Every excuse for Zach. You sound like O’Shea there. The biggest problem is our highest paid guy. That’s a problem. It’s pretty apparent Zach is afraid of any sort of contact and his arm is shot. 

Edited by Goalie

Bighill is going to play all year unless he gets hurt or suspended. Why dress Jones or Ayers if you're not going to use them? The prudent thing to do would be to bench Bighill and see what you've got with those two.

Ditto using Woods, Adams, Schmekel more on the DL and cutting Jake's reps.

Ditto benching BA and using Griffen or Holm at safety.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Oh you know MOS is bringing him back for 2025.

he is only signed for this yr correct?...same with Thomas?...Kolo?...BA?...I think Walters and Miller need to remove the possibility for this to occur by not re-signing them....Re-consider the HC spot too....and I'm not even kidding with that comment