The Bighill thread

I can't stand bighill right now, but watching the unwashed hillbillies in that **** hold province Go Bananas over bighill is actually making a side with him a little. 

rider fans truly are the worst CFL fans and there isn't even a close second place

On 2024-07-20 at 11:43 AM, Booch said:

he is only signed for this yr correct?...same with Thomas?...Kolo?...BA?...I think Walters and Miller need to remove the possibility for this to occur by not re-signing them....Re-consider the HC spot too....and I'm not even kidding with that comment

To me, it's become apparent that Walters is just as much of the problem as Osh. They're both in lock step as to who signs & who plays. 

23 minutes ago, White Out said:

I can't stand bighill right now, but watching the unwashed hillbillies in that **** hold province Go Bananas over bighill is actually making a side with him a little. 

rider fans truly are the worst CFL fans and there isn't even a close second place

I recall this forum when Marino hit Collaros.  The two fanbases have more similarities than differences.

15 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I recall this forum when Marino hit Collaros.  The two fanbases have more similarities than differences.

Exactly. If a rider did that to Zach this forum would have lost it. It almost did when Zach was legally hit first game vs Calgary

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Exactly. If a rider did that to Zach this forum would have lost it. It almost did when Zach was legally hit first game vs Calgary

I can't imagine a situation like there where we wouldn't be taking knees.

They got the ball with 53 seconds, no timeouts.  The clock was running with 15 seconds on play clock when they snapped it with 5 seconds left.  They were either incredibly stupid or being excessive on the last play of the game.  There's no way they should have taken that last snap at more than 0:00.

Probably not but I don’t really think bighill should have done what he did either. It looks pretty late to me. Is it the riders fault? Probably but bighill didn’t have to finish him like that. I feel he took a shot cuz he was frustrated. But to be fair it was also the only play bighill made all game. At the same time tho looks like AB committed to the hit b4 the ball was thrown so can’t expect him to stop mid air. I guess in the end the riders ****** around and found out. I need to watch the replay again. Live it seemed so much worse but the replay makes me think maybe not as bad as I originally thought. No flags either. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They got the ball with 53 seconds, no timeouts.  The clock was running with 15 seconds on play clock when they snapped it with 5 seconds left.  They were either incredibly stupid or being excessive on the last play of the game.  There's no way they should have taken that last snap at more than 0:00.

Being a brand new HC from the defensive side Mace may not have that great of a grasp on how to kill off the last few seconds of a game and can't be sure how much help OC Mueller would be.  O'Shea was pretty poor with in game decisions those first few years as well and made plenty of mistakes learning the ropes.

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Being a brand new HC from the defensive side Mace may not have that great of a grasp on how to kill off the last few seconds of a game and can't be sure how much help OC Mueller would be.  O'Shea was pretty poor with in game decisions those first few years as well and made plenty of mistakes learning the ropes.

O’Shea still does. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You're going to compare Bighill's career to Marino's as well as both incidents??? 

giphy.webp

I think he’s comparing the reactions to those hits. And he’s right. 

23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

O’Shea still does. 

I think for a few years after he removed himself completely from the play calling on both offence and defence he became great at making and managing in game decisions.  Notice with a season not going well there's a lot more stress present and emotions being displayed which is hampering his game management skills.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Marino was a thug & suspended indefinitely by the league. Bighill will be a first ballot HOFer.

I am talking about the fanbases reaction to the incidents, not the players themselves.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I changed my response after I re-read the quote. I can't outgun you with your lightning speed on quotes as I changed it in less than 30 seconds. 

giphy.webp

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952x1luefx90haam3z893

I finally watched that last play of the game (Shut it off with about 10 minutes remaining because at that point I new it was just going to be torturing myself). Really don't see anything wrong or dirty with that last Bighill hit as Patterson was fully intending to make a football play right to the end and you always teach your players to play to the whistle , which is what Bighill was doing. The mistake was on Sasks part with a 10 point lead not to give up that play earlier. Should be no correlation at all with Marinos dirty late hits. The hit was well within the rules and tho Sask fans may be upset no fine should be levied.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Or with 5 seconds left, Patterson could wrap the ball in his arms & hands against his chest & take 3 slow steps backwards & take a knee. Game over. 

1 hour ago, coach17 said:

I finally watched that last play of the game (Shut it off with about 10 minutes remaining because at that point I new it was just going to be torturing myself). Really don't see anything wrong or dirty with that last Bighill hit as Patterson was fully intending to make a football play right to the end and you always teach your players to play to the whistle , which is what Bighill was doing. The mistake was on Sasks part with a 10 point lead not to give up that play earlier. Should be no correlation at all with Marinos dirty late hits. The hit was well within the rules and tho Sask fans may be upset no fine should be levied.

Scarf Boy will fine him because he's as useless as **** on a bull.