The Bighill thread

Another game, another day watching a cooked Bighill flailing around the field missing tackles, falling on his ample ass, and generally being three steps behind every play. He is a shell of his former self. Its sad, embarrassing, and frustrating.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Last 2 games...he's had some serious bad whiffs...and some plays where he just physically couldn't get himself in position to even attempt to make a play...he needs to be in Gauthiers role...and Gauthier just stick to ST and emergency fill in and goal line sets

The one that stands out to me was where Barnes came all the way across the field and caught the ball in front to Biggie on the right side. He should have been blown up and instead Biggie just made a sad attempt at his feet and then watched  him run for 25

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Another game, another day watching a cooked Bighill flailing around the field missing tackles and being three steps behind every play. He is a shell of his former self. Its sad, embarrassing, and frustrating.

True.  For every play he makes he misses 3 or 4.  Should have retired after last season, maybe earlier.

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Before this game I was saying to some people start Wilson in bighills spot and Cole in Wilson's... would be a lot better

Yep. 

biggie is the captain of the over the hill gang. Retirement watch is on

56 minutes ago, SectionKBlackout said:

I don't like shitting on a guy that gave everything for us, 2 Grey cups and was a beast. It's hard to watch him now be a shell of what he was. He should retire and bow out gracefully.

This is definitely where I'm at. The guy deserves a graceful and professional move toward retirement. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This is going to sound gross but sometimes a guy at his stage of career needs an injury to admit it's time.

I think you need a coach with some balls and not even balls but a coach who recognizes it. It’s sad watching once impact players like BA and Biggie just mess up all game long. It’s happened every game also. Time to do the easy thing now. I think after 6 games, it shouldn’t be a tough decision anymore.  That’s 1/3 of the season now and every game they have looked worse. Not getting better. Getting picked on every game. 

A lot of these guys just cant let go though. They know their athleticism/speed just isnt there anymore but in their heads its "If i can hit the gym a little more or drop a few pounds ill be back to where i was before". Sometimes they need to be told its over. Im still pissed at him and O'Shea for playing in last years Grey Cup. The selfishness has really tarnished his legacy for me. He had no business playing in that game with his injury. Wilson starts in his spot and we win. Im 100% convinced of that.

27 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

A lot of these guys just cant let go though. They know their athleticism/speed just isnt there anymore but in their heads its "If i can hit the gym a little more or drop a few pounds ill be back to where i was before". Sometimes they need to be told it’s over. Im still pissed at him and O'Shea for playing in last years Grey Cup. The selfishness has really tarnished his legacy for me. He had no business playing in that game with his injury. Wilson starts in his spot and we win. Im 100% convinced of that.

Doesn’t look to me like Bighill has had the thought on losing weight.  Looks like he’s had the opposite thought on building bulk.  But he’s basically a nose tackle in his current shape.

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Maybe Biggie is the answer at DE opposite Willie...

I dunno… anytime Biggie gets sent into the LOS he’s manhandled by opposing OL and usually ends up on the turf as the play goes by.

Love Bighill, was a key piece building towards the championships and it sucks watching the decline.  He’s had a ton of singularly spectacular plays over his time with the Bombers but his relentless play in the ‘21 Grey Cup especially stands out to me.  Team was behind the 8-ball and he just never stopped… all time Bighill.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

A lot of these guys just cant let go though. They know their athleticism/speed just isnt there anymore but in their heads its "If i can hit the gym a little more or drop a few pounds ill be back to where i was before". Sometimes they need to be told its over. Im still pissed at him and O'Shea for playing in last years Grey Cup. The selfishness has really tarnished his legacy for me. He had no business playing in that game with his injury. Wilson starts in his spot and we win. Im 100% convinced of that.

100% agree. Especially with O’Shea playing him in the Grey Cup. For a guy who is a supportive, players coach letting a guy play who had basically a career ending injury was stupid and cruel actually. And a coach’s job is to win. Playing Biggie and an injured Schoen was not doing your job. Like you said, tarnished his legacy for me because of that, and how he’s allowing that mentality to continue.

I’m not sure I can blame the pro athlete for trying to hang on to his career. You can blame the coaches and management at this point tho for allowing it to continue. End the insanity because legacies are indeed being tarnished. How can Osh and the coaches and Walters even watch the film and think yup these guys aren’t done. It’s just crazy. You can see it in real time also. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I’m not sure I can blame the pro athlete for trying to hang on to his career. You can blame the coaches and management at this point tho for allowing it to continue. 

I agree its hard for these guys to hang it up and a lot of the time its the coaches that have to say enough is enough, but when he's watching film of himself missing tackles, receivers/RB's running away from him like he's in quicksand, etc, you would have to realize youre hurting your team and holding back their success. To me thats selfishness.

4 hours ago, SectionKBlackout said:

I don't like shitting on a guy that gave everything for us, 2 Grey cups and was a beast. It's hard to watch him now be a shell of what he was. He should retire and bow out gracefully.

That should be his legacy but the longer he plays, the more damage he does to that legacy.   I hate that I'm starting to get more bad memories than good from him.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bighill was a great player for us and will one day enter the club hall of fame and perhaps the ring of honour. Sadly in 2024, he's a shadow of himself.

There is zero question he's WBB HOF, Ring if Honour and CFL 1st ballot HOFer..... One of the best to ever do it. Until about midway through last year. 

Edited by Noeller