TNF Argos @ Als GDT

Defence and Teams have scored TDs for us. Got to win this one.

I was bummed about how banged up our roster has been. Looking at the Als... I suppose it could always be worse.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...how and why we didn't bring him back is sickening...Jake's salary would look good there...or BA's...Part of Biggies...Kramdis stupid amount...Kolo...what a shame

Weird how that went.

He was available for a long time.

We didn't retain Leake and we brought a couple of returner prospects to camp 

Coach didn't like them and sent them home.

Enter: Grant (who was waiting by his phone)

It wasn't cost... It was injury history. They didn't want to invest in a guy who might not last more than a half dozen games. It sucks that he proved them wrong and appears to still be going strong, but I understand the logic of why they wanted to move on...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

It wasn't cost... It was injury history. They didn't want to invest in a guy who might not last more than a half dozen games. It sucks that he proved them wrong and appears to still be going strong, but I understand the logic of why they wanted to move on...

Who told you that tho...that's just an assumption..

Just now, Doublezero said:

Grant almost broke another one. He's so good. Argos return team better than Bombers as well - this year and last

It's Coach Mickey. Surprised nobody lured him away when everyone else was raiding our coaches, players and staff.

Grant came back from high ankle injury last season a few weeks too early. So it looked like he had lost a step - had trouble making all the cuts. But the whole return team sucked as well. I like that Argos have tried to work him into the offence from time to time. He wanted that in Winnipeg but the O is much less creative than Dinwiddie's schemes. Bombers had Grant running up the gut in traffic - that's how he got hurt. So dumb.

5 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Grant came back from high ankle injury last season a few weeks too early. So it looked like he had lost a step - had trouble making all the cuts. But the whole return team sucked as well. I like that Argos have tried to work him into the offence from time to time. He wanted that in Winnipeg but the O is much less creative than Dinwiddie's schemes. Bombers had Grant running up the gut in traffic - that's how he got hurt. So dumb.

This is all fair. And unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Seeing Davaris Daniels with -2 YAC is mildly infuriating.

He ought to be our best player on offence.

I dunno. Is it 3 years ago? It’s amazing how fast guys go from studs to duds in this league. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I dunno. Is it 3 years ago? It’s amazing how fast guys go from studs to duds in this league. 

It was only last year when DD was (for 8 games) the best player on our offence. Largely invisible otherwise. But he is immense when he is feeling it.

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Reminds me of an Aaron belisle the mute comedian joke. I won’t say it cuz perhaps offensive to the French. I’m part French tho. 

TBF, you could easily replace "someone from Montreal" with a number of other people (Rider fans, Leaf fans, etc).

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

It was only last year when DD was (for 8 games) the best player on our offence. Largely invisible otherwise. But he is immense when he is feeling it.

Yes. That happens regularly tho it seems in the league. Maybe Daniels had more chemistry with The hanging Chad tho