TNF Argos @ Als GDT

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah...how and why we didn't bring him back is sickening...Jake's salary would look good there...or BA's...Part of Biggies...Kramdis stupid amount...Kolo...what a shame

Yeah, Walters sign deadwood like Kolankowski & overpay at so many positions then we decide to cheap out at returner. We deserve whatever we get. 

54 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, Walters sign deadwood like Kolankowski & overpay at so many positions then we decide to cheap out at returner. We deserve whatever we get. 

To be fair Smith has looked dangerous at returner too. Not as explosive as Grant was but he's gonna bust some sooner or later. He's been close a few times.

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

The reason we let Grant go is because he couldn't stay healthy for us not because of his talent and or price. If we kept him and he got hurt again same bitchin would be going on about why we kept him....

💯💯💯

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The players being pinpointed as eating up Grant's salary are not highly paid individuals, if they were cut their replacements would earn similar amounts.  Grants money went into the pockets of players earning well above the average pay grade for their position, Lawler, Schoen, Brady and apparently Demski.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The players being pinpointed as eating up Grant's salary are not highly paid individuals, if they were cut their replacements would earn similar amounts.  Grants money went into the pockets of players earning well above the average pay grade for their position, Lawler, Schoen, Brady and apparently Demski.

Kola makes pretty good money starting on the Bombers OL. He doesn't do much but he's well paid doing it.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

To be fair Smith has looked dangerous at returner too. Not as explosive as Grant was but he's gonna bust some sooner or later. He's been close a few times.

I've no beef with Smith & maybe someday he can be mentioned with Grant but today Grant put on a clinic with the Als ST's. He's had a great season returing KO's & punts. It's very frustrating to think Walters & Osh thought he was washed up. That they spent $$$ on other veterans players who aren't even close to performing at the level Grant is with the Argos. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Kramdi 139k. Kolo. Gotta be close. Thomas ain’t making minimum. The money could have been spent on grant. They decided to go a different way. 

Kola got a big raise from 90k in 2023 to reportedly 140k/150k in 24/25. The obvious thing was to let Eli take over, looked obvious to me anyways. Mind you Eli hasn't been healthy so we'd be starting whoever replaced Kola rn, but certainly for cheaper than 140k

13 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Officials sure dont like to call holding anymore. 

O at most positions tend to have the advantage over the D in what they can get away with imho.

13 hours ago, Rich said:

I wonder who Shawn Lemon bet on with those odds. 

Ouch.

8 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Could have been the difference maker in three one score loses.. 

yup...consideroing until Smith got back in...we lost the field position battle in a big way

I like Smith...he gonna be good....but it should never have came to an open audition for returner

41 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Bombers: We feel Janarion has lost a step.

Also Bombers: right this way Mr Bighill 

Yes...right over there by Thomas and grab your free pass for 2024...BA is handing them out...if he's out of them Kramdi can copy his for u..just switch the name..

You know. I’ve been tough on old Jake but nobody gonna turn down a contract and reps if they are given to you. I could see a world where Thomas is a rotational veteran who gets 10 to 20 reps a game. He’s Canadian so he’s harder to actually replace. But for guys like bighill Alexander and even Wilson to just be handed their spots is insane. There’s millions of American lbs and Dbs out there. Pretty sure we were the only team to not cut a veteran tho. Most others certainly did. We sat our veterans and cut all the rooks

said it before. Last time our entire line backing crew looked good was pre season. Same with the DL. Bring all the vets with no reps back and yup… when you actually break everything down… what’s actually holding us back tho isn’t Jake or bighill or Wilson or BA, it’s the coach who refuses to tell them it’s over that’s the real issue here.  Roster management is on coaching and it’s killing us. It really is. I really thought a coaches job in all sports is to roster the best players you can. I understand you need role players, foot soldiers also. In hockey you have guys who just penalty kill or who are experts at face offs. Etc. I get in football you got those guys also, but nobody can tell me or anyone else that looking at the depth chart every week, that’s the most optimized use of the roster. It’s not. 

crazy question 

Does firing O’Shea actually fix lots of the problems? Or is it more than just Vladimir O’Shea. 

Edited by Goalie