TNF Argos @ Als GDT

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, Walters sign deadwood like Kolankowski & overpay at so many positions then we decide to cheap out at returner. We deserve whatever we get. 

I am only guessing why we didn't step up and re-sign Brown when we let our All-Star right tackle go... Good Canadian lineman are worth their premium.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

You know. I’ve been tough on old Jake but nobody gonna turn down a contract and reps if they are given to you. I could see a world where Thomas is a rotational veteran who gets 10 to 20 reps a game. He’s Canadian so he’s harder to actually replace. But for guys like bighill Alexander and even Wilson to just be handed their spots is insane. There’s millions of American lbs and Dbs out there. Pretty sure we were the only team to not cut a veteran tho. Most others certainly did. We sat our veterans and cut all the rooks

said it before. Last time our entire line backing crew looked good was pre season. Same with the DL. Bring all the vets with no reps back and yup… when you actually break everything down… what’s actually holding us back tho isn’t Jake or bighill or Wilson or BA, it’s the coach who refuses to tell them it’s over that’s the real issue here.  Roster management is on coaching and it’s killing us. It really is. I really thought a coaches job in all sports is to roster the best players you can. I understand you need role players, foot soldiers also. In hockey you have guys who just penalty kill or who are experts at face offs. Etc. I get in football you got those guys also, but nobody can tell me or anyone else that looking at the depth chart every week, that’s the most optimized use of the roster. It’s not. 

crazy question 

Does firing O’Shea actually fix lots of the problems? Or is it more than just Vladimir O’Shea

I agree with the post, but that’s a bit far. (Not meant to be political, just saying. It’s still just football) 

Cody Fajardo suffered a hamstring injury at the end of the first quarter against the Toronto Argonauts after completing his first five passes for 62 yards. Rolling to his right, Fajardo’s attempted pass for Reggie White Jr. was incomplete. Fajardo was heard screaming in pain on the play by RDS sideline reporter Didier Orméjuste and immediately went to the dressing room, clutching his right hamstring. He didn’t return. A pulled hamstring generally takes between four and six weeks for recovery, although there’s no way of immediately knowing the severity of the injury. Even with an upcoming bye week in the schedule, expect Fajardo to miss at least one game and possibly more. Without him, the Als might have challenges remaining competitive.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-suffer-first-loss-of-season-lose-starting-quarterback-fajardo-to-injury

violin-tiny.gif

4 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I agree with the post, but that’s a bit far. (Not meant to be political, just saying. It’s still just football) 

First dictator that came to mind. That’s all. Could have said Kim Jong O’Shea I suppose. 

Edited by Goalie