GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I was pumped when they signed him. Watch the odd Florida State game and thought he screamed CFL star. 
In all honesty I thought I was wrong the first couple weeks and crapped on him like everyone else on here.

Felt like a guy we were high on, happy to see the patience appears to have paid off in this case 

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Didn’t seem like it. That wasn’t just a single attribute performance, he did a little bit of everything tonight

Yup. Appeared out of nowhere from previous games tho. Johnson was the guy. Wheatfall also. Wilson was the guy I suppose getting open in pre season and dropping the balls. 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

You love to hate people when they don’t want to give credit and then hate to give credit yourself when it’s due lol 

Nah. He had a great game. It came out of nowhere tho. That’s great. Hope it’s permanent. Hopefully the Mitchell experiment is over also. Did he even see the field. 

Edited by Goalie

Best thing they did on O was mix in screens and back off the vertical shots.  Still could scale that down about 10 more percent.  Use it as a chance to open up space but not a key part of the offense.

Really struggle to prepare for blitz on a ton of snaps…almost need to prescribe it for Collaros with the smoke/tunnel screens.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

That was Mitchell 

Wilson also tho didn’t do much. 

he had a nice sneaky couple plays but the drops. Tonight he was spectacular like a second lawler making pretty difficult catches. I mean maybe it’s just like someone said

needed the opportunity to show he can be the man. Perhaps the belief they had in him. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lol come on man, you’re literally in here ready to fold the franchise after a loss 

No ****...that dude is the biggest freak out freak on here...and that dead horse ain't dead yet...this win didn't fix or has changed anything..we still seriously flawed at moment..but can easily fix it

Is Wilson one of those feed him more and he gets better guys? Brady appears that way.  It’s nice to see a rookie to the team step up. It appears more are doing that. 

hopefully a guy like Ayers gets a shot at lb soon cuz the current ones ain’t  it. kyrie, not sold on but he’s the best one currently and he’s prob average 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup. Appeared out of nowhere from previous games tho. Johnson was the guy. Wheatfall also. Wilson was the guy I suppose getting open in pre season and dropping the balls. 

Nah. He had a great game. It came out of nowhere tho. That’s great. Hope it’s permanent. Hopefully the Mitchell experiment is over also. Did he even see the field. 

On punt returns he's out there...

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Best thing they did on O was mix in screens and back off the vertical shots.  Still could scale that down about 10 more percent.  Use it as a chance to open up space but not a key part of the offense.

Really struggle to prepare for blitz on a ton of snaps…almost need to prescribe it for Collaros with the smoke/tunnel screens.

They actually have a guy in Wilson who takes it and just goes...which helps

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Wilson also tho didn’t do much. 

he had a nice sneaky couple plays but the drops. Tonight he was spectacular like a second lawler making pretty difficult catches. 

His college career and his NFL camp time he actually known for sick circus catches...he has real good hands

14 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

starting to dig the club out of the deep 4 loss hole. Still not in a play off spot. 

How are we not in a playoff spot. We're tied with Calgary and we've won the season series. I know they have that game in hand but i don't think that's how it works. 

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

How are we not in a playoff spot. We're tied with Calgary and we've won the season series. I know they have that game in hand but i don't think that's how it works. 

The game in hand keeps Blue in fourth. East side the Red Blacks have four points. Besides, you can’t say we are in the playoffs with two wins. 

We’ve seen guys like agudosi and gmc put up big games and fizzle, even wheatfall did most of his damage on one play. The big things with Wilson is 1, he carried the pass game with volume. 2, he caught balls in coverage and ran open. 3, he made grabs at all levels of play. 4, he was really dangerous with the ball in his hands lots of yac, especially on behind the line screen passes which adds a ton to our o. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

For having a sack fall into his lap? No.

LOL.  Come on...   For the irony of him making such an impactful play for our season. Helping to seal not only the win buy the tiebreaker against the team we need to beat out to make the playoffs. Regardless of whether it fell into his lap he made the play and that gave me a good chuckle.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Didn’t Calgary have like 600 yards of O. The D sucked and absolutely got owned vs the run. Mills ran for like as many yards in his career tonight. 

Close. Each team got over four hundred yards Offence. 

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What’s your thoughts on incorporating a 2QB system, ie interchanging them strategically but not wanting to impede any groove or momentum that a qb needs to get into?

I’m not above giving props to pokey and O’Shea and even Thomas but it’s apparent that Thomas ba and bighill aka the middle of our D Is a major major problem every game and I don’t think you can trot all 3 out there. In hockey terms the other team is on the power play with them 3 all out at once. It’s bad and it’s every game. Regardless tho fun game. Fun win and in the end I felt we deserved the win more. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

LOL.  Come on...   For the irony of him making such an impactful play for our season. Helping to seal not only the win buy the tiebreaker against the team we need to beat out to make the playoffs. Regardless of whether it fell into his lap he made the play and that gave me a good chuckle.

The point is he didn’t make the play. He ran into it. That being said, all credit to Fatboi. He’s out there hustling, he’s just being asked to do way too much.