GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

The point is he didn’t make the play. He ran into it. That being said, all credit to Fatboi. He’s out there hustling, he’s just being asked to do way too much.

Don't disagree with that assessment. And he's benefitted from playing next to a guy who's been double teamed for years. I still want to celebrate the moment he got this sack. 

He's not to blame for still having his job afterall. 

Edited by Colin Unger

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Don't disagree with that assessment. And he's benefitted from playing next to a guy who's been double teamed for years. I still want to celebrate the moment he got this sack. 

He’s cooked tho. Nice way to end a career in my opinion. If I’m O’Shea, Thomas BA and Jake are let go gracefully. He could retire tomorrow and his last play would be a sack. Good story for his 24 yr old grand kids. Haha. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Mike said:

The point is he didn’t make the play. He ran into it. That being said, all credit to Fatboi. He’s out there hustling, he’s just being asked to do way too much.

Woods forced the double to slide over, the coverage forced the sack.

but hey dt will probably credit him with a pressure for each blown tackle and the plays they left him unblocked and still he couldn’t get into the play lol. 

Biggie is the biggest problem on the D. Thomas is second biggest, but Adams and woods don’t have the stamina to play huge reps, fox and Lawson are hurt. Ba, is a big problem. He’s not messing up in cover a huge amount but his tackling is cancer and at best he’s a none factor in coverage while a huge liability when the play is under him. We’d be better off with a Canadian in his place. Even Hallett. 

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What’s your thoughts on incorporating a 2QB system, ie interchanging them strategically but not wanting to impede any groove or momentum that a qb needs to get into?

How much did Streveler play today?

Think you need focus on getting passing game going around starting QB.  Collaros is best option.  Can do some stuff with Streveler but it’s just going to be change of pace.

It’s not easy on whole offense to go one series one guy, one series another guy in.  You can only script so many plays, there’s always an adjustment to cadence and all that too.  Streveler is a pretty dedicated backup QB so he works hard on keeping it consistent to what starting QB does.

59 minutes ago, Mike said:

Felt like a guy we were high on, happy to see the patience appears to have paid off in this case 

Now, all he needs is some good injury luck & to build on this game. We also have Keric Wheatfall. Although still injured, he may also be a receiver of the future for us as well. We now have some American depth at receiver.

43 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I’m not above giving props to pokey and O’Shea and even Thomas but it’s apparent that Thomas ba and bighill aka the middle of our D Is a major major problem every game and I don’t think you can trot all 3 out there. In hockey terms the other team is on the power play with them 3 all out at once. It’s bad and it’s every game. Regardless tho fun game. Fun win and in the end I felt we deserved the win more. 

I made an effort to watch Biggie, BA, and Thomas tonight while ignoring the play. Biggie and BA really look to be over the hill. Was glad for Jake getting the sack. Like your hockey comparison. And yes it's bad.  

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Can someone who knows football tell me a single positive thing Bighill did today?

He didn't get hurt? That's all I've got. He can't move side to side at all anymore. The only role I can see for him at this point that makes any sense is as a nationalized American brought in for short yardage D. He doesn't seem to have anything else.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Didn’t seem like it. That wasn’t just a single attribute performance, he did a little bit of everything tonight

Yes! I love that they gave him deep shots plus clutch second down throws to move the chains. 

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Happy to say I was wrong about Collaros' ability to be successful behind this o line - to an extent anyways. He chose a new BFF receiver and that seemed to help a lot.

Yeah idk how repeatable that performance is though. We blanket in the red zone deep twice, threw two bad picks, and got away with a lot of forced throws. 

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Can someone who knows football tell me a single positive thing Bighill did today?

Stretched well, had a good warm up, stayed healthy lol. He got one hit in on Mac cheese that was close to a flag imo, bit lucky but qb hits are valuable for us. And he didn’t make glaring mistakes in coverage, which he was dropped back a lot on second downs. 
 As a lber though and the mac at that, strong D- performance. Idk the last time he stepped in the hole or shed a block and stopped a rb even for a short gain in the hole area. 

3 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

At this point you're just snorting lines of dust from the bones you ground up from the dead horse beaten until it disintegrated. 

If anyone is keeping track I think that horse has been beaten more than the Brooklyn brawler 

it’s true, but I mean what do you expect? This has been called for a year plus and slowly devolved from a historic dynasty to a dumpster fire I that time. The same stuff that holds us back today cost us two grey cups in a row. What would you prefer to talk about? The weather? 
 If we’re keeping track, it’s still happening and will still continues to happen for atleast several more weeks. Pick a point, and prove the narrative wrong. You know what they say about ad hominems…

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

If the team gets healthier as the season goes, this might be something less cringe-y by the end of the year....

Only if we also get injuries to key bad players. Otherwise we will see good young guys relegated, like Brian Cole has been with biggie healthy. 

1 hour ago, K-Shack said:

He didn't get hurt? That's all I've got. He can't move side to side at all anymore. The only role I can see for him at this point that makes any sense is as a nationalized American brought in for short yardage D. He doesn't seem to have anything else.

Yes! I love that they gave him deep shots plus clutch second down throws to move the chains. 

Honestly he’s a waste in short yardage now too. He can’t get over the top any more, can’t do any thing with a block or make a tackle. 
 The only real use for him is as a pass pro lber, but most dbs are better at it. 
If biggie and ba trades places I don’t think a single thing would change on our D. 

Yeah, we beat Ottawa and Calgary...and lost to both teams.  This team is a mix of up-comers, and some cooked vets.....that looked (along with injury)......completely unprepared to start a season

Alaxander and Bighill simply provide no range and closing speed, any more, tackles not made.  Opponents keep making hay on the middle zones of this D.   Add the collection of players who cannot yet generate consistent pass rush.......makes this D a somewhat shaky proposition.........

Kolo is a disaster at Center....pushed back countless times, stunts never picked up.....Guards haven't been much better at this pass pro thing.  We retained last years punter....for reasons nobody outside Bomberland, can fathom.

This team can turn it around......but as time goes along - MOS has to face the music and make the tough decisions on "transitioning"  a number of under performing vets on both sides on the ball

Loyalty is a terrific thing, but right now......perhaps too much of a terrific thing.

Pokey Wilson ... goes from a guy who has no idea how to catch the ball to that... impressive.  

Liked that collaros was at least trying to get the ball out quicker ... 

Adam Bighill looked like a complete ******* that game... like awful. How can the coaches watch that and keep trotting him out? Alexander too was brutal. Thomas while being brutal at least made a couple plays when they came to him. He was useless huff8ng and puffing after the play too though. 

Woods had himself a game, our secondary sans safety is good though... 

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

it’s true, but I mean what do you expect? This has been called for a year plus and slowly devolved from a historic dynasty to a dumpster fire I that time. The same stuff that holds us back today cost us two grey cups in a row. What would you prefer to talk about? The weather? 
 If we’re keeping track, it’s still happening and will still continues to happen for atleast several more weeks. Pick a point, and prove the narrative wrong. You know what they say about ad hominems…

In terms of expectations Booch could criticize like anyone else instead of resorting to personal attacks at every turn. On one hand he's one of the most knowledgeable people on here, on the other he comes off like a petty ******* child. So it's a weird dichotomy of not wanting to block him because he says some useful things, but then not wanting to read what he writes because every post is a reminder of how pathetic he is. 

Not denying there are problems with this team. I read this nonsense to understand them more as I'm not an X's and O's football fan, I was a kid who knew nothing about football who got sucked into the sport by the greatness of Milt Stegall.  But really I'm probably the crazy one for wishing people could act a little more like adults on the internet. Even as I write that it sounds ridiculous, adults on the internet. 

But yeah, expectation would be actual discussion vs constant personal attacks, and again this is the internet so I'll admit defeat on that one. See you all next week

33 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

In terms of expectations Booch could criticize like anyone else instead of resorting to personal attacks at every turn. On one hand he's one of the most knowledgeable people on here, on the other he comes off like a petty ******* child. So it's a weird dichotomy of not wanting to block him because he says some useful things, but then not wanting to read what he writes because every post is a reminder of how pathetic he is. 

Not denying there are problems with this team. I read this nonsense to understand them more as I'm not an X's and O's football fan, I was a kid who knew nothing about football who got sucked into the sport by the greatness of Milt Stegall.  But really I'm probably the crazy one for wishing people could act a little more like adults on the internet. Even as I write that it sounds ridiculous, adults on the internet. 

But yeah, expectation would be actual discussion vs constant personal attacks, and again this is the internet so I'll admit defeat on that one. See you all next week

Can’t expect more than what you’re putting out either tho ya