GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

As other have mentioned, that is a thin D-line.....If I'm Calgary I'm attacking the right early and often until/if the Bombers show they can stop it.....

The game will literally go through Zach....we should know pretty quickly if he is "back" or not.....If he looks like he did in the first few games it's over as he doesn't present the escapability threat....but if he comes back and plays P'OD and on point, and is able to push the ball, we should prevail

1 minute ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

As other have mentioned, that is a thin D-line.....If I'm Calgary I'm attacking the right early and often until/if the Bombers show they can stop it.....

The game will literally go through Zach....we should know pretty quickly if he is "back" or not.....If he looks like he did in the first few games it's over as he doesn't present the escapability threat....but if he comes back and plays P'OD and on point, and is able to push the ball, we should prevail

This is what I was thinking, constant barrage then play action begins.

19 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The Fred Reid special

Giving SSK way too much credit, especially without Trevor Harris

That defense will win them some games. 

19 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Edited by Bigblue204

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

SSK will be 6-6 by the time we reach the Banjo Bowl... book it

hard not to argue...They beat the Elks..Well the Elks in Elks fashion handed that to them...2 win against Ham...and those were not dominant wins by any stretch, and the T.O win again was a game handed to them. Hardly a juggernaut

Now they have some injuries...and face B.C...mtl...Hopefully a resurrected us...and Edm again...who I bet will beat them....that snappy start will be in rear view..

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I like your optimism but I can’t see us winning 2 in Regina, not with this Oline. 

Micah Johnson can still ball but as a team they have six sacks in four games, I'm not scared of the Riders. Their secondary is pretty sus as well.

Stats-wise Bombers have the worst offensive production in the CFL - 1/3 into the season. It's reminiscent of the Matt Nichols game-manager era where the O was putrid but at that time at least we won some games on the strength of solid defence. Thing is, our defence in 2024 is not as good as during the Nichols era - and looks especially vulnerable against the run. Calgary's O is only slightly better than Bombers stats-wise but they have given up the fewest sacks in the league. So unless Collaros really improves his ability to complete a pass under pressure, (ie gets rid of the ball quicker) and until our defence suddenly gets stout in the box, Calgary should win this one. Sincerely hope Bombers go out and play serious bully ball to prove me wrong. Go Blue!

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I have no idea at all why they feel it's ok to field such a pitiful defensive line... used to be a huge strength when this team was winning championships and now it's a total liability

and aligns quite nicely with our recent lack of success....when it matters, and pretty much all season this yr

But Osh gonna Osh...and really if it doesn't change....or he has no inclination to change, just doing it with other useless parts next yr...then we can't move on from him fast enough really....10..11 yrs is a good run but **** gets stale...as we have seen...especially with a flawed philosophy and very apparent biases

Sure can't look past his past success...key word "past" as giving him some rope...but I think the last 2 yrs, and into this yr...that rope must be at or close to it's end

Edited by Booch

With the heat today, if the offense can't get on track early the defense (especially the line) is going to be in TOUGH.

I also kind of view this as a bit of gut-check game for both Zach and Buck .. collectively our offense has been abysmal but the game plan runs through the quarterback and neither our OC nor our QB have been particularly effective so far this year.

Just now, voodoochylde said:

With the heat today, if the offense can't get on track early the defense (especially the line) is going to be in TOUGH.

I also kind of view this as a bit of gut-check game for both Zach and Buck .. collectively our offense has been abysmal but the game plan runs through the quarterback and neither our OC nor our QB have been particularly effective so far this year.

if ZC is still sucking the major anus again....he should get to mid point of quarter 2 to correct things...or be yanked...and Osh better not be worried about butt hurt feelings...and his "belief" that ZC is the best QB in the league...cause he is not...and he now doesn't posses the full skill set he did to work thru rough patches...or in a game where the O-line is struggling

And he definitely not the QB yhou want in there with 3 rookie receivers as he will just ignore them and force things to exactly where the other team expects him to, and suckers him into doing

29 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Pivotal game for Zach, he either rises to the challenge and shows he still has the magic or he falls short and they spend the rest of the season mired in the swamp of uncertainty and struggles they're currently stuck in.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

Stats-wise Bombers have the worst offensive production in the CFL - 1/3 into the season. It's reminiscent of the Matt Nichols game-manager era where the O was putrid but at that time at least we won some games on the strength of solid defence. Thing is, our defence in 2024 is not as good as during the Nichols era - and looks especially vulnerable against the run. Calgary's O is only slightly better than Bombers stats-wise but they have given up the fewest sacks in the league. So unless Collaros really improves his ability to complete a pass under pressure, (ie gets rid of the ball quicker) and until our defence suddenly gets stout in the box, Calgary should win this one. Sincerely hope Bombers go out and play serious bully ball to prove me wrong. Go Blue!

It wasn’t putrid. We always had the best running game, and a Nichols had a couple of good seasons like throwing for 4400 yards with 28 TD’s and 8 INT in 2017. If Nichols didn’t hurt his shoulder he would be looked at in a different light. 

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

You just know Collaros is going deep on the first play from scrimmage. 

Man I’m just hoping for some vintage Collaros tonight. Calgary’s D is there for the pickings, I’m hoping we can establish some sort of passing game it’s been ugly. 

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

if ZC is still sucking the major anus again....he should get to mid point of quarter 2 to correct things...or be yanked...and Osh better not be worried about butt hurt feelings...and his "belief" that ZC is the best QB in the league...cause he is not...and he now doesn't posses the full skill set he did to work thru rough patches...or in a game where the O-line is struggling

And he definitely not the QB yhou want in there with 3 rookie receivers as he will just ignore them and force things to exactly where the other team expects him to, and suckers him into doing

Sucking the major anus.

Okay then. :)