GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

if ZC is still sucking the major anus again....he should get to mid point of quarter 2 to correct things...or be yanked...and Osh better not be worried about butt hurt feelings...and his "belief" that ZC is the best QB in the league...cause he is not...and he now doesn't posses the full skill set he did to work thru rough patches...or in a game where the O-line is struggling

And he definitely not the QB yhou want in there with 3 rookie receivers as he will just ignore them and force things to exactly where the other team expects him to, and suckers him into doing

The thing that sucks about Zach is how much mobility he lost compared to 2019 or even 2021. He used to be able to move around to buy time. I watched some of the Argos and Als game and all three quarterbacks were able to move around the pocket in order to buy time to throw. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

hard not to argue...They beat the Elks..Well the Elks in Elks fashion handed that to them...2 win against Ham...and those were not dominant wins by any stretch, and the T.O win again was a game handed to them. Hardly a juggernaut

Now they have some injuries...and face B.C...mtl...Hopefully a resurrected us...and Edm again...who I bet will beat them....that snappy start will be in rear view..

Cmon now Booch... Basically saying every win we've had wasn't a legitimate win? 

If the Bombers won a game like the Riders did last week, you'd be glorifying the D, not saying it was handed to them.

Keys to the game:

a productive run game. We struggled to run vs cal in our first match up and pre season. Need a good dose of bully ball today. 

limit the penalties. We aren’t producing the yards to make up for all we are losing. Discipline will be huge today. 

Qb. Need to be reasonably quick to pull zach if he isn’t moving the offence, and buck needs to call a competent game. 

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Cmon now Booch... Basically saying every win we've had wasn't a legitimate win? 

If the Bombers won a game like the Riders did last week, you'd be glorifying the D, not saying it was handed to them.

For sure but the one defining thing you can't around is?  Riders suck.

I know I know I'm adding so much to this conversation. 

Carry on.

I really don't know what the hell to expect from this club this year....Injuries sure have made us more than sporadic AND the roster management hasn't been up to snuff....Tonight ....run the hell out of the ball and hope Zack can find some old magic, cuz we sure as heck need to be firing on all cylinders on a motor that has a lot of mileage on it... in a lot of cases

Are the bombers a dictatorship and not a democracy? Do the coordinators have no say at all in who or who doesn’t get reps or dresses? If so, not sure how long it will be until it’s time to take down them walls. The natives I think will be a restless bunch tonight. Bombers need to execute or the boo birds gonna be out early and often. O’Shea playing with fire here tonight. I almost think if we lose that changes will happen because wade will make it happen.  Can’t no show at home and expect the ppl to bend over and take it. But what could go wrong really.  I think our fans will have an understanding after the first O series if Zach is back or if he’s cooked for real. If there’s no fire or urgency O’Shea needs to pull him. He won’t tho and that to me is the most interesting storyline about tonight, how long will O’Shea give collaros if he’s struggling. How long until the boo birds begin. 

Edited by Goalie

First thing Osh needs to do is lose that stupid smug grin on the sidelines...and at times that lost look.

He needs to coach...get in guys faces and like he loves so much about one his boi'S...be a prick

He was a total one as a player so it's in him.

But be an effin coach and make some bloody football coaching decisions...not personal preference decisions 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I know it's dramatic, but a loss tonight and the season is basically done, right? Losing the season series to McCheese is a tough hill to climb, and the staff have shown no indication that they have identified the real problems so far.

That is dramatic 

Perhaps an interesting side story is Calgary was the team who Zach basically started his Bombers career against. That miraculous run around avoiding tackles and finding the receiver in the end zone game. That’s what I’d like to see, throwback days really, I don’t know if Zach has that in him anymore tho. Maybe that’s a good omen or maybe it’s terrible. I’m not sure. 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This is really all it comes down to. He needs to be willing to make those prick decisions and say "this position isn't getting it done, next man up"

It’s not a prick decision though, it’s his and his coaching staff’s responsibility. 
A prick decision is choosing to make the player feel worthless in carrying out this decision. The prickness in people usually comes out in not what they are saying but in how they are saying it.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

First thing Osh needs to do is lose that stupid smug grin on the sidelines...and at times that lost look.

He needs to coach...get in guys faces and like he loves so much about one his boi'S...be a prick

He was a total one as a player so it's in him.

But be an effin coach and make some bloody football coaching decisions...not personal preference decisions 

smug-498-x-278-gif-2v003s1sn5jszw1x.gif

smug-498-x-273-gif-tpltxednxawg6mwy.gif

grin-smile.gif

Grind this one out vs Maier. He seriously blows and was lucky in Calgary. We saw shades of our D potential vs Ottawa, hopefully that was the kick start to get this team moving in the right direction.

Keys tonight

1) Don’t rush it be patient and take what Stamps D gives us

2) Limit mistakes (turnovers/penaltys)

3) No explosion plays on defence and force them into a ground game (but we need to win with the front seven) 

I feel good about this game and do think we will see a healthy dose of Strev . Don’t be surprised if he connects on a long ball tonight. This guy is the real thing and as a proper compliment to Zach will kill it!!!