GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

1 hour ago, brett_c_b said:

In terms of expectations Booch could criticize like anyone else instead of resorting to personal attacks at every turn. On one hand he's one of the most knowledgeable people on here, on the other he comes off like a petty ******* child. So it's a weird dichotomy of not wanting to block him because he says some useful things, but then not wanting to read what he writes because every post is a reminder of how pathetic he is. 

Not denying there are problems with this team. I read this nonsense to understand them more as I'm not an X's and O's football fan, I was a kid who knew nothing about football who got sucked into the sport by the greatness of Milt Stegall.  But really I'm probably the crazy one for wishing people could act a little more like adults on the internet. Even as I write that it sounds ridiculous, adults on the internet. 

But yeah, expectation would be actual discussion vs constant personal attacks, and again this is the internet so I'll admit defeat on that one. See you all next week

I swear this isn't a burner account of mine.. just someone writing my exact posts. I wanted to give this a Like, Agree and Thanks all in one...

6 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So I'm thinking. Lawler, Wilson, Demski, Whitehead and Wolitarski.

Then Clercius and Wheatfall the backups. Lucky as the kick returner also. 

Let's see another game out of Wilson first. Greg Mcrae and Agudosi both had a huge game (oddly against Calgary also) and were never heard from again 

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

There are good people on both sides!

*Retreats to closed politics thread*

I’ll go there. I don’t care who ppl vote for. All I care is that they are good people. Voting for someone I don’t doesn’t mean that person is an evil prick. But let’s go Bombers regardless. We are all bombers fans in the end I thought. 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

In terms of expectations Booch could criticize like anyone else instead of resorting to personal attacks at every turn. On one hand he's one of the most knowledgeable people on here, on the other he comes off like a petty ******* child. So it's a weird dichotomy of not wanting to block him because he says some useful things, but then not wanting to read what he writes because every post is a reminder of how pathetic he is. 

Not denying there are problems with this team. I read this nonsense to understand them more as I'm not an X's and O's football fan, I was a kid who knew nothing about football who got sucked into the sport by the greatness of Milt Stegall.  But really I'm probably the crazy one for wishing people could act a little more like adults on the internet. Even as I write that it sounds ridiculous, adults on the internet. 

But yeah, expectation would be actual discussion vs constant personal attacks, and again this is the internet so I'll admit defeat on that one. See you all next week

You go and do exactly what you are bemoaning about...and if someone takes a jab at me...I'll throw it right back.. and if a coach..player...management is sucking arse and doing stupid stuff...I won't sugar coat it...you don't like it...don't read it...respond as you wish...or block...I won't lose any sleep and will 100 percent discuss in a way that suits your fancy if the retort to.me warrants politeness as to.not hurt anyone's tender feelings

That being said after reviewing a bit more game...Adams needs to be used inside exclusively to make him more eff3ctivw...and in tandem with another solid DT...when he's outside he can be schemed away and you see what happens up the guy with Thomas...And Biggie....no more of this playing guys out of position cause they "can" but it's jot their bread and butter...mainly because we have zero idea of how to maximize out roster and make just plain dumb decisions.

Hubert tho showing potention was basically rendered ineffective for most part...and no knock on him but to be expected...he not ready for major dose of reps..and the Goobal? Just why is all I ask...sure...let him work at WIL or MLB...but was right over matched all game and is so very raw...how Osh doesn't see that I practice is bizarre...almost troubling 

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

That being said after reviewing a bit more game...Adams needs to be used inside exclusively to make him more eff3ctivw...and in tandem with another solid DT...

Woods and Adams inside, let Thomas and Schmeckle back them up but those two need to be the guys getting most of the reps. Then actually roster enough DEs. Please for the love of god. Use the DL properly and it makes everything easier. 

That's not even getting into how cooked Bighill is.

52 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Lucky can be the 2nd kick returner in place of Augustine. Still have Smith back there.

I think this would only be a good idea from time to time. Smith is going to get the majority of kick returns even if Lucky is on the field. Augustine will run and block and he's not expected to be on offense the next play.

If we need a spark they can do one of those plays where they reverse field or fake handoff to Lucky.

20 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

I hear you. But also Ontaria Wilson a few weeks ago looked like someone playing football for the first time, and today he was great. It's a double edged sword giving players so much time before changes. 

The deficiencies in the play of Bighill, Thomas and Alexander are so obvious that their continued presence is puzzling and infuriating.

On 2024-07-12 at 10:29 PM, Goalie said:

Give Osh props for the 2 pointer 

I would have bet every cent I have that he would have gone for the single. I was literally shocked.

On 2024-07-12 at 10:32 PM, Goalie said:

Wilson seems like a polite young man 

And all business, too. No excessive celebrating. Drops the ball...points down the field...back to work.

On 2024-07-13 at 12:22 PM, Super Duper Negatron said:

Let's see another game out of Wilson first. Greg Mcrae and Agudosi both had a huge game (oddly against Calgary also) and were never heard from again 

Agudosi torched Roberson with his height. Not saying Ive never noticed it but, the height advantage was crazy. Wish he wouldve stuck.

Honestly I could see Wilson being a good receiver in this league. His problems the first few games were totally mental. He just flat out couldn't make a play on the ball. If he is over that what's stopping him? No obviously if he goes back to looking clueless as to finishing the play then sure he's on the bust pile, but why be negative now? He's over the rookie jitters, sky's the limit. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly I could see Wilson being a good receiver in this league. His problems the first few games were totally mental. He just flat out couldn't make a play on the ball. If he is over that what's stopping him? No obviously if he goes back to looking clueless as to finishing the play then sure he's on the bust pile, but why be negative now? He's over the rookie jitters, sky's the limit. 

For sure. He showed that deep ball tracking ability and was hitting everything at full speed. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

basic rookie issues....especially new to the Canadian game...he was still having to think and process what he as seeing...it's clicked now and he is just reacting...and it showed in his after the catch production, and also where he was going to catch balls....I actually expect him to be even more impactful now moving forward...especially since ZC has discovered him...and we know Strev will go to who is open and not force feed guys