3 stars plus hh game of the year

39 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don’t even care about that one.  Sometimes it’s useful to rub the refs noses in it and get their heads in the game.

Think you gotta challenge that potential PI to put you on the 1 yard line.

That or some of the brutal holding/htf/illegal block calls that went ignored. 100% gotta use them to rub the refs. Worth doing regularly. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Reubens come with sourkraut no? I gotta trust the place to get one 

Haven’t been in a dogs age but silver heights had a good one. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fingers crossed. Now that he has produced some significant game tape, opposing D’s can better prepare now which he’ll have to adjust to.

Yes the D's will adjust, finally. Now our other receivers will have a little more room and so will Brady Oliveira. Pokey is the new key ingredient even if he can't duplicate tonight every night. The ingredients to success are starting to show up.

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The contrast of Osh challenging a play that lost us yards, while also having the awareness and the guts to go for that 2 points is pretty crazy.

He actually said in the post game when asked that the going for 2 wasn't about getting the 4 point difference...some you all giving too much credit there for this wizard coaching call...he admitted it checked that off as well...but wasn't the reason for it...it was to make the Stamps have to score a td to win and not be able to tie...which for me is an actual start to have a set of onions but he admittedly wasn't looking at tie breaker.

Imagine tho if we screwed that up and the Stamps came down into fg range and kicked the game winner...ooo lala it would be some good posting here.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm pretty sure DT said it was Bighill, but don't give him any credit...........

Was woods...who was disruptive all night

8 hours ago, BBlink said:

I agree they are really good...and at times they are relied on to cover for way longer than they should be. They still have some work to do. But often the break in coverage is Kramdi or Alexander.

If we got any sort of pressure on the QB we may yet have a defence!

4 hours ago, Booch said:

He actually said in the post game when asked that the going for 2 wasn't about getting the 4 point difference...some you all giving too much credit there for this wizard coaching call...he admitted it checked that off as well...but wasn't the reason for it...it was to make the Stamps have to score a td to win and not be able to tie...which for me is an actual start to have a set of onions but he admittedly wasn't looking at tie breaker.

Imagine tho if we screwed that up and the Stamps came down into fg range and kicked the game winner...ooo lala it would be some good posting here.

Was woods...who was disruptive all night

If we screwed that up and O'Shea had stressed that they were chasing Calgary and a win without the season series was useless I would have understood.

If he had said simply "we didn't want to go to overtime" I would have been livid.

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Tonight was the first night they threw a pass to Wilson heading up field, every other pass has been coming back to the ball or low off the ground.

He dropped one that would have been a huge play in Ottawa on a vertical.  A few others to him that he was nowhere near.

Clearly dangerous with the ball.  Hopefully he keeps catching them and doesn’t drop 40% of this targets like the first 5 games.

28 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Definitely noticed Woods breaking through the line a few times and getting in Maier's face even if he didn't record a sack

His closing speed on JM on one play in particular caught the attention of Dunnigan. I believe MD said something to the effect of boom, abort abort abort. :)

8 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Eugene Goodlow with 15. 

Someone already updated Wiki:

Most Receptions – Game

15 – Eugene Goodlow – versus Calgary Stampeders, November 1, 1981

13 – James Murphy – at BC Lions, Jun 26, 1986

13 – Derick Armstrong – at Saskatchewan Roughriders – September 2, 2007

13 – Ontaria Wilson – versus Calgary Stampeders – July 12, 2024

Eugene Goodlow my man. Hands soft as butter and smooth as silk.

32 minutes ago, SectionKBlackout said:

For the love of God, can we get someone to help Willie. That poor bastard is killing himself out there while we trot out an 8th round draft pick and a sumo wrestler.

That was brutal late in the game when Willy got double-teamed. There were several plays where we had a 3 man D line featuring Willy and 2 rookies. Gotta get that man some help!

O Wilson.......kid had himself a game and was .....wellllll great

Brady/Nic......solid performances and when these guys get rolling we're tough to beat

Woods............looking like he can get it done and is only going to get better

Regardless of reasons, the record shows we challenged a play and won the challenge and lost 2 yards.  That’s all time something,Only in the cfl really 

Edited by Goalie

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Remember when we had a 10 point lead with 130 to go in the half ? There was a fair bit of incompetence last night actually 

For sure. The defense had their moments last night with certain guys making plays(and certain guys sucking). Collectively overall they were not very good IMO. Too many breakdowns in the secondary and missed tackles.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

39 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The real question is how is a ball thrown 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage ruled incomplete in the first place? Total incompetence all around.

Because it was a forward pass... collaros was what 7, 8 10 yards behind the LOS when he threw it.

What should have happened is they should have replayed the down. The whistle went incorrectly,  you can't say he would have been stopped there because there was no defender in the time zone. Total incompetence on the reffing and I am ok with challenging that despite losing yards as a way of embarrassing the refs who blew that one so spectacularly

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Because it was a forward pass... collaros was what 7, 8 10 yards behind the LOS when he threw it.

What should have happened is they should have replayed the down. The whistle went incorrectly,  you can't say he would have been stopped there because there was no defender in the time zone. Total incompetence on the reffing and I am ok with challenging that despite losing yards as a way of embarrassing the refs who blew that one so spectacularly

Have you ever seen a replayed down?  I doubt it ever existed.

The original call was wrong. The challenge was stupid. The ball was placed where it should have been. End of story.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Have you ever seen a replayed down?  I doubt it ever existed.

The original call was wrong. The challenge was stupid. The ball was placed where it should have been. End of story.

It'd be like in hockey where they mess up a whistle on a line call and they do a face off. 

Refs ****** it up badly on 2 cases on the play, first the no catch and then the whistle,  from an official on the other side of the field no less. The fair thing would have been a replay of the down. Is it in the rules? I don't really care that's what should have happened and the refs should apologize. Instead we got that travesty and the  shortly after another missed call that the Bombers likely would have challenged if not for this one.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He dropped one that would have been a huge play in Ottawa on a vertical.  A few others to him that he was nowhere near.

Clearly dangerous with the ball.  Hopefully he keeps catching them and doesn’t drop 40% of this targets like the first 5 games.

Huh, is that all you've got to say after demanding Wilson be cut for 4 straight weeks?

Reminder, he's done it all before.

1. Wilson, absolutely outstanding, made a lot of really tough catches. I said two weeks ago on the catch and run against Calgary originally he reminded me a little bit of Rasheed Bailey, he was an absolute monster out there last night 

2. Zach Collaros, started out a little slow but got better as the game went along, got rid of the ball quick, was even able to buy time by moving around the pocket 

3. Brady Oliveria, quietly produced another 100 yard game and rushed for some tough yards to help keep the offence balanced. 

HM: Castillo was great, I don’t fault him in missing that 54 yard kick he’s been money all season, Nichols would be higher but it was a little bit of an up and down game. He got burnt a few times but also has the pick six and made a great tackle on Logan for the fumble, I thought the offensive line looked the best it’s looked all season, to me it got its first passing grade all season, and the balls on O’Shea to go for two after our last TD there. That was a great decision. I’ve always been under the impression teams should almost always go for two anyways so I like the aggressiveness.