3 stars plus hh game of the year

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Huh, is that all you've got to say after demanding Wilson be cut for 4 straight weeks?

Reminder, he's done it all before.

But only once up here so far. I think ppl were saying the same about lord keric of wheatfall also. Don’t overhype the guy. He had perhaps a career making game. It could also be a one off. I doubt it’s a one off cuz he was turning 2 yard throws into big gains also but it’s just one game. Good on the polite young man tho. 

Edited by Goalie

51 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It'd be like in hockey where they mess up a whistle on a line call and they do a face off. 

Refs ****** it up badly on 2 cases on the play, first the no catch and then the whistle,  from an official on the other side of the field no less. The fair thing would have been a replay of the down. Is it in the rules? I don't really care that's what should have happened and the refs should apologize. Instead we got that travesty and the  shortly after another missed call that the Bombers likely would have challenged if not for this one.

Any time the whistle blows the play is dead even when the Refs get it wrong.  It happens. Everything after that is exactly the way it should have been. You want a rule that says when the refs screw up then the teams get a do over? Good luck with that. 

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Any time the whistle blows the play is dead even when the Refs get it wrong.  It happens. Everything after that is exactly the way it should have been. You want a rule that says when the refs screw up then the teams get a do over? Good luck with that. 

There's precedent... they allowed for **** that happens after the whistle to count on turnovers too. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Wilson had some opportunities to make plays in earlier games but he just could not squeeze the ball. I am optimistic that if he has figured out that aspect he will be just fine. He doesn't need 200 yards every game, just make some plays and be dependable. 

I think that was more nerves..having to still actively think and just rookie jitters

He never had hands issues before...and I think the game has just slowed down now and clicked for him...he was tentative and indecisive first several games...this game he just took the pass and hit it...he looked night and day different...and that's from comfortability and confidence...Him and Lawler teamed up could be a nightmare...

20 minutes ago, BBlink said:

O'Shea said this was the best receiver crop they've brought into camp. Maybe we're starting to see that. Not everyone can be a Dalton Schoen and start producing from day 1.

schoen also had some better support around him when he was totally raw too. With Lawler and Schoen hurt early and the OL and Collaros playing like poop the first month of the season it's hard on a rookie. 

I agree with Booch above, looks like the rookie jitters went away last night and he just played rather than trying to think about what he's doing. Let's hope it continues. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

There's precedent... they allowed for **** that happens after the whistle to count on turnovers too. 

The call didn't have anything to do with a ******* turnover. 

Lets play your idea out. Whistle on a missed fumble call, redo the play. Whistle on a missed call on a catch, redo the play. Whistle on a missed call on an in or out of bounds, redo the play. It's only fair y'know. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

O'Shea said this was the best receiver crop they've brought into camp. Maybe we're starting to see that. Not everyone can be a Dalton Schoen and start producing from day 1.

On the post-game show, @DTonOB talked about how it to Schoen until his 5th game to really get going. 

Schoen was better than Wilson right off the bat, but even he wasn't a truly impact player straight away.

37 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The call didn't have anything to do with a ******* turnover. 

Lets play your idea out. Whistle on a missed fumble call, redo the play. Whistle on a missed call on a catch, redo the play. Whistle on a missed call on an in or out of bounds, redo the play. It's only fair y'know. :rolleyes:

I am saying they made a change a number of years ago where if on a fumble the players continued the recovery mattered, all I am saying is in this situation,  everyone played like there was no whistle so why the double standard?

5 hours ago, bigg jay said:

On the post-game show, @DTonOB talked about how it to Schoen until his 5th game to really get going. 

Schoen was better than Wilson right off the bat, but even he wasn't a truly impact player straight away.

Schoen was playing second fiddle to Ellingson who was having an excellent season till injury, his production went up when Ellingson was knocked out for the second half of the season.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I mean he still had 200 plus yards and a td with a sick ypc in his first 4 games. And he was as good in pre season. 
 As others have said it was just when he became the first option and got more touches that his numbers surged but still he was exceptional in that first stretch. 

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I mean he still had 200 plus yards and a td with a sick ypc in his first 4 games. And he was as good in pre season. 
 As others have said it was just when he became the first option and got more touches that his numbers surged but still he was exceptional in that first stretch. 

He also had games where he was pretty invisible (ex: Hamilton game in week 3 - 3 targets, 1 catch for 16 yards).  That can happen to any receiver though. And I'm not saying he was bad by any means, he just wasn't the full version of himself yet.  Hopefully Wilson can continue to improve as well.

Demski was the primary target after Ellingson went down & Schoens numbers didn't surge until week 15 (a full month after Ellingson got hurt).  The first few games after Ellingsons injury (weeks 12, 13 & 14) Schoens numbers were actually his worst of the season.  

47 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

He also had games where he was pretty invisible (ex: Hamilton game in week 3 - 3 targets, 1 catch for 16 yards).  That can happen to any receiver though. And I'm not saying he was bad by any means, he just wasn't the full version of himself yet.  Hopefully Wilson can continue to improve as well.

Demski was the primary target after Ellingson went down & Schoens numbers didn't surge until week 15 (a full month after Ellingson got hurt).  The first few games after Ellingsons injury (weeks 12, 13 & 14) Schoens numbers were actually his worst of the season.  

Very true. The first snaps I saw from schoen he was waggling like he’d be up here 10 years. He did get used some in 0 motion in college too, but he’s a route running assassin, those guys generally pick it up faster. 

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Ellingson was hurt after week 6. 

Schoen games 7-10

4-146-1

8-80-2

6-58-1

3-57-1

I'd say Schoen did well long before week 15.

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Cole Wilson Parker as LBs would be fine with me. 

Same but I don’t think Kramdi’s going anywhere whether we like it or not. 

Parker’s a great tackler and in coverage, it’s his durability I’m starting to wonder about. I think he would be another interesting choice to try at FS along with Holm. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

15 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Same but I don’t think Kramdi’s going anywhere whether we like it or not. 

Parker’s a great tackler and in coverage, it’s his durability I’m starting to wonder about. I think he would be another interesting choice to try at FS along with Holm. 

Parker may not get his job back coming off the IR for the second year running, Bonds may be better.

56 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Ellingson was hurt after week 6. 

Schoen games 7-10

4-146-1

8-80-2

6-58-1

3-57-1

I'd say Schoen did well long before week 15.

Yep, you're right, he came back in week 10 before going out again.

Your numbers show what I'm saying though.  I never said he wasn't playing well, just that his numbers surged (or at least became more consistent) later in the season. Here are his other numbers after Ellingson went out:

12: 2-34-0

13: 4-35-1

14: 4-63-1

15: 6-158-0

17: 4-125-1

18: 7-162-3

19: 4-82-1

21: 2-84-1

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I am saying they made a change a number of years ago where if on a fumble the players continued the recovery mattered, all I am saying is in this situation,  everyone played like there was no whistle so why the double standard?

Because it's not a fumble or a turn over. It's a -2 yard pass completion that really didn't matter because we got the 1st down on the next play.

MOS made a mistake by challenging it. I was yelling at my TV because I knew where it would be spotted. If I knew, certainly MOS knew. 

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Because it's not a fumble or a turn over. It's a -2 yard pass completion that really didn't matter because we got the 1st down on the next play.

MOS made a mistake by challenging it. I was yelling at my TV because I knew where it would be spotted. If I knew, certainly MOS knew. 

He's admitted he knew but was pissed off that a ref 40 yards away was able to make a call he had no chance of seeing correctly.