3 stars plus hh game of the year

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t think Bonds would go anywhere. When Parker comes back he’ll be at a different spot. 

Which spot?  You can't just say they'll put him somewhere else without specifying who they're going to remove from the lineup.  They have so many good DB's to allocate logistically the kindest way to deal with BA is to wait until he's injured before making the transition to Holm at Safety, which would make room for Parker or maybe Cole to take over his HB spot.  Holm can fly so he should be used in the traditional role of Safety and not pretend to be a LB stopping the run or doling out punishment, he can leave that job to bigger DB's like Cole or Karamoko on demand.

23 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Which spot?  You can't just say they'll put him somewhere else without specifying who they're going to remove from the lineup.  They have so many good DB's to allocate logistically the kindest way to deal with BA is to wait until he's injured before making the transition to Holm at Safety, which would make room for Parker or maybe Cole to take over his HB spot.  Holm can fly so he should be used in the traditional role of Safety and not pretend to be a LB stopping the run or doling out punishment, he can leave that job to bigger DB's like Cole or Karamoko on demand.

The obvious answer seems to be S and SAM need replacing. So maybe Parker goes to SAM or maybe he moves to Holm's spot and Holm goes to S.....? 

20 hours ago, BBlink said:

O'Shea said this was the best receiver crop they've brought into camp. Maybe we're starting to see that. Not everyone can be a Dalton Schoen and start producing from day 1.

Schoen break out game was 5 games into the season. He had 8 catches 117 yards 2 tds. 

39 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Probably the backup DB for if someone goes down, maybe replaces Griffen, maybe BA. 

The point is, I don’t think either corner is losing their spot to Parker. 

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The obvious answer seems to be S and SAM need replacing. So maybe Parker goes to SAM or maybe he moves to Holm's spot and Holm goes to S.....? 

That would be ideal imo. FS needs to be replaced before dime 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Kramdi isn’t going anywhere barring injury.

Same with BA… think Younger has to have the hard talk with O’shea for any chance of a change.  It’s wild to think Holm for BA is full circle of BA in for Jeff Hecht circa 2019.

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Should be s/sam. Parker was a brilliant Sam previously, Cole has played both as well. I’d put Cole at S and Parker at Sam. 
 Realistically we stuck with worse dbs over Parker previously. Likely, griffin comes off as the dime if Parker comes back. 

Parker was really good at SAM...and also prob the best form tackler on the team...at any position...if and when he comes back that SAM spot would be best spot for him...

56 minutes ago, Booch said:

Parker was really good at SAM...and also prob the best form tackler on the team...at any position...if and when he comes back that SAM spot would be best spot for him...

Yep, not a huge guy but plays with tremendous physicality, very explosive. I think he’d be good at any db spot or even wil/dime situationally.

My big question with him is how healthy does he come back is what % is he at? 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Agree fully. I just don’t think that’s what they’ll actually do. O’Shea clearly loves Kramdi, I think we’re stuck with him for better or worse. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

Fine is not good enough for a SAM. Should be a difference maker there. 

And this has largely been the problem with our defence so far this season .. very few plays are being made .. there isn't someone back there who *is* a difference maker.

That said, it was nice to see us force the issue Friday night .. even if we gave up 460 yards of offense.

MOS definitely has a soft spot and uber patience with CDN players and young players in general,i believe that is his strength and weakness. He believes in what he does and does not waiver. I think you put any great coach though in that  category.

12 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

And this has largely been the problem with our defence so far this season .. very few plays are being made .. there isn't someone back there who *is* a difference maker.

That said, it was nice to see us force the issue Friday night .. even if we gave up 460 yards of offense.

The elite playmaker and the only one teams are afraid to throw at this year is Nichols. 
I feel like Bonds will be there sooner rather than later. 
 If they replaced BA, and put more of a playmaker at dime we’d have a top 3 secondary, if not the very top. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

history suggests otherwise...  Hurl, Kuale, obviously washed up Bighill.... other than getting a prime Bighill on his return from the NFL middle linebacker has been an issue for this team, and prime Adam Bighill is no brainer stuff.

yup....he actually seems to not know a good linebacker if it slapped him upside the head...and Kramdi has been fr from fine...unless you look at adequately average with continued brain farts and non ability to cover a receiver as fine...and that just doesnt cut it....why we dont roster our best option and athlete there when we have no ratio restarints is baffling...it's just another case of a HC playing his favorites and using his bias even tho it isnt the best

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Sam/Dime is more of a DB position. Semantics aside, I think when healthy Parker offers more at the spot. 
Sound tackling, a little more speed and better coverage skills. 

yup...Cole would too....also Griffen...But we get Kramdi....who wouldnt start there on any other team....look at all the rosters and say you wouldnt take any other one over him

22 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

yup....needs to be an impactful playmaker...Kramdis biggest and best impact was failing to bring down Rhymes last year so they couldnt kick the fielld goal...And thankfully Parker came out of nowhere and took him out so he didnt score

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The elite playmaker and the only one teams are afraid to throw at this year is Nichols. 
I feel like Bonds will be there sooner rather than later. 
 If they replaced BA, and put more of a playmaker at dime we’d have a top 3 secondary, if not the very top. 

Bonds already is being avoided alot...how often do you hear his name...not very...and thats a good thing on the corner

Our weakness is right up the gut..Thomas...Biggie...and also Kramdi...when the safety and a halback like Hiolm..are leading in tackles it tells you that they are having to clean up the open space from that deficiency

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....he actually seems to not know a good linebacker if it slapped him upside the head...and Kramdi has been fr from fine...unless you look at adequately average with continued brain farts and non ability to cover a receiver as fine...and that just doesnt cut it....why we dont roster our best option and athlete there when we have no ratio restarints is baffling...it's just another case of a HC playing his favorites and using his bias even tho it isnt the best

yup...Cole would too....also Griffen...But we get Kramdi....who wouldnt start there on any other team....look at all the rosters and say you wouldnt take any other one over him

yup....needs to be an impactful playmaker...Kramdis biggest and best impact was failing to bring down Rhymes last year so they couldnt kick the fielld goal...And thankfully Parker came out of nowhere and took him out so he didnt score

Bonds already is being avoided alot...how often do you hear his name...not very...and thats a good thing on the corner

Our weakness is right up the gut..Thomas...Biggie...and also Kramdi...when the safety and a halback like Hiolm..are leading in tackles it tells you that they are having to clean up the open space from that deficiency

Exactly. There’s so many easy fixes there too, that’s what drives me nuts. We’ve been through it a lot but man would Holm to FS alone solve a lot of problems. 

22 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Exactly. There’s so many easy fixes there too, that’s what drives me nuts. We’ve been through it a lot but man would Holm to FS alone solve a lot of problems. 

I was harsh on Holm originally...still dont like parts of his game. as a HB....but would love him at free safety....flowing to the ball over top.....he would truly excel there

Save for Wilson who has got back to form and is playing well...our LB core, and parts of the dline interior on who/how we use certain guys is killing us....and is soooo weak...glaringly and Osh won't do jack about it....sad part we have parts in house to totally revamp things and make a huge difference....but we won't.

Soon we will have Fox...Garbutt....Jake Kelly....ready to roll...No need for 3 Canadian Dline man whatsoever...Do we see a unit of WJ and Garbutt...Woods...Fox and Adams used in different schemes...with Hubert and say Schmeck or Samson as fill in rotation...Kelly in for Thomas which at the minimum shores up our already good coverage teams, as he was probably our best...or one of the best teams guys last yr. and he can cover as a safety back-up....prob corner for Ford and actually took reps at SAM and was alriht there too.

And if Parker returns you add him to the mix as well...as he can play all the DB spots...and play them well....Is that at the expense of BA?...Maybe as I would hate to see a promising guy like Griffen pushed off the roster due to Osh's damn love for his failing vets....Can or do we start mixing in Ayers in Biggies spot...start getting him reps and see if he is the transition piece....would be smart....but again....do we see it?....Likely not unless Thomas...Biggie...BA and Kramdi all go down with season enders...and thats just pathetic coaching

Edited by Booch

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

I was harsh on Holm originally...still dont like parts of his game. as a HB....but would love him at free safety....flowing to the ball over top.....he would truly excel there

Save for Wilson who has got back to form and is playing well...our LB core, and parts of the dline interior on who/how we use certain guys is killing us....and is soooo weak...glaringly and Osh won't do jack about it....sad part we have parts in house to totally revamp things and make a huge difference....but we won't.

Soon we will have Fox...Garbutt....Jake Kelly....ready to roll...No need for 3 Canadian Dline man whatsoever...Do we see a unit of WJ and Garbutt...Woods...Fox and Adams used in different schemes...with Hubert and say Schmeck or Samson as fill in rotation...Kelly in for Thomas which at the minimum shores up our already good coverage teams, as he was probably our best...or one of the best teams guys last yr. and he can cover as a safety back-up....prob corner for Ford and actually took reps at SAM and was alriht there too.

And if Parker returns you add him to the mix as well...as he can play all the DB spots...and play them well....Is that at the expense of BA?...Maybe as I would hate to see a promising guy like Griffen pushed off the roster due to Osh's damn love for his failing vets....Can or do we start mixing in Ayers in Biggies spot...start getting him reps and see if he is the transition piece....would be smart....but again....do we see it?....Likely not unless Thomas...Biggie...BA and Kramdi all go down with season enders...and thats just pathetic coaching

I wonder how much input Younger has in defensive personnel decisions?

40 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Then why is Kramdi still here and Patrice Rene isn't?

Injuries, maybe Rene wanted to play in BC? MOS himself has stated he will unfortunately cut good players, sometimes good ones get away and develop somewhere else,it happens all the time.

5 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Injuries, maybe Rene wanted to play in BC? MOS himself has stated he will unfortunately cut good players, sometimes good ones get away and develop somewhere else,it happens all the time.

Injuries & guys developing elsewhere does happen but we also have held on to numerous guys and let them come back from injury.  Rene didn't get that chance for whatever reason. 

3 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Kramdi would be fine if we needed that final starting Canadian spot... but as is we've got plenty of "fine" players to fill that role and still use 3 of them. And by that I mean we have 3 or 4 "fine" Canadians taking starting spots rather than just using one of them

Edited by 17to85