GDT-Lions and Riders

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

This is going to be a true beatdown. Riders 4-0 season is a mirage and about to come crashing down in an ugly way.

I know there’s an inherited hate for the Riders but please do explain how it’s a mirage? What have the Riders done that’s unsustainable lol?

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

This is going to be a true beatdown. Riders 4-0 season is a mirage and about to come crashing down in an ugly way.

You are what your record is- no mirage about that. BUt yeah- as the season goes along and the tests get tougher, we will see. 

Healthy, I think the riders could pull this one off- but yeah, missing Carney and Dabire is going to really hurt their chances. 

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

C'mon man- you never wish injuries upon a player. Be better. 

Both teams losing however... if it was possible i would love that outcome too

Virtually every game that isn't us I do. Nothing career threatening... I always make that amendment..... But just enough to **** over every other team. We've seen more than our fair share this year so it's time for the other teams to catch up in that regard. 

42 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I know there’s an inherited hate for the Riders but please do explain how it’s a mirage? What have the Riders done that’s unsustainable lol?

I don't hate the Riders, it's hard to hate a team when you're 8-1 against them in the last three years. It's more like pity than hate. I'm sorry that you think the team has done a 180 since a new coach came in. I imagine it's an intoxicating notion after so much futility recently. In reality, it's going to be the same story this year as it's been the last two years in Sask...a hot start followed by a crushing series of losses after Trevor Harris gets injured.

To be more specific, well you've beat Hamilton twice and Edmonton once and those are the two worst teams in the league, without question. Nice win against Toronto, that was unexpected. But I'm sure it's going to be a steam rolling by BC and I'm pretty confident in the Bombers going into Regina next week. Especially since your home field advantage has gone away with your attendance problems. I'll say you've got a few studs on the team for sure - Bane and Milligan are the real deal. But the supporting cast leaves a lot to be desired. Ouellette is overrated and Patterson is not starting QB material.

Anyways great to have you here, good luck today.

Just now, Atomic said:

I don't hate the Riders, it's hard to hate a team when you're 8-1 against them in the last three years.

Nahhhhhhh... Not really....

**** everything about that province.... Especially that "fan" base...

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

They have the most ppg while their offence is barely mid pack in terms of scoring tds. Mid pack in terms of giving up tds but one of the fewest points against. Middle of the pack in yards per play, fewest first downs given up. Giving up the most passing yards per game, and mid pack in yards given up on first down despite being the highest rated run stop D. Mid pack in passing tds given up, big plays given up, and bottom tier in sacks but top tier in qbr. 
 The riders are the worst run team in the league and the worst at gaining yards on first down. Mid pack in passing yards, bottom group on completions mid pack on completion %. Mid pack in qbR, give up the most sacks, close to top tier in passing tds. Mid pack 2nd down conversions, top tier in TOP. Made the fewest turn overs while forcing the most fumbles and picks. +10 turn overs already. 
 Still one of the least disciplined teams with penalties, the fewest Tfl and big plays. 

when then overs slow down, and they will the air will go out of the riders balloon. Line play is what creates wins, the riders have probably the worst differential in terms of line play.
The worst run and pass pro, good run stop no pass rush. 

Top will also even out over time given they can’t run the ball or stop the pass. 

riders opponents combined record 3-16 

bcs opponent record 7-18

wpgs  17-12

Edited by wbbfan

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Virtually every game that isn't us I do. Nothing career threatening... I always make that amendment..... But just enough to **** over every other team. We've seen more than our fair share this year so it's time for the other teams to catch up in that regard. 

And to be fair you didn’t mention anyone in particular. You said players. 

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The last few years when other teams have had injuries, WPG fans have said "Tough ****, next man up, that's the way it goes, etc." so, as much as my heart is hemorrhaging for you, I don't believe it's time for other teams to catch up. 

I don’t want to see anyone hurt. Especially the QBs cuz cfl has enough of a QB problem as is but I wouldn’t shed any tears for anyone if they did get hurt. I don’t expect a rider or lions fan to care that our guys get hurt so I don’t care if there’s do either. Injuries tho are parts of sports. 

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

The last few years when other teams have had injuries, WPG fans have said "Tough ****, next man up, that's the way it goes, etc." so, as much as my heart is hemorrhaging for you, I don't believe it's time for other teams to catch up. 

I don’t think our injuries are worse than average this year actually. I do think every one’s injury numbers are up this year and In general up since Covid. Part of that is probably just the average age of starters. 
 We had our share in 19/21/22, we just had great talent to replace guys with. I actually think we do this year too. 

The last reason we are losing is injuries. 

3 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Well...not play edm and ham basically exclusively for one.