GDT-Lions and Riders

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t think our injuries are worse than average this year actually. I do think every one’s injury numbers are up this year and In general up since Covid. Part of that is probably just the average age of starters. 
 We had our share in 19/21/22, we just had great talent to replace guys with. I actually think we do this year too. 

The last reason we are losing is injuries. 

I honestly don't think it's the last reason for at least 1 loss. Schoen stays healthy against OTT and the Bombers win. Watching strev being used as a legit wr was frustrating....and likely hilarious for the defense. 

14 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Gee Noeller, I thought you wanted to see lots of injuries tonight? 

...you ain't wrong...

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The 3dn articles on Mace and the riders are soo nauseating.
Mace makes a brilliant move putting Harris on 6 game ir.  Mace didn’t want riders to go un defeated. Mace schooled dinwiddie in first match up. Etc etc 

and it’s from all different writers. 

Justin Dunk is the new host for the pre and post game shows on Rider radio.

Not sure if he'll write anything critical about the Riders.

8 hours ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I can't believe the Bomber's let Patrice Rene go.  He's turning into a good SAM linebacker.

him...for Kramdi....hmmmm...easy decision...so he got hurt....well we cling to other guys who are hurt a lot....

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Better than ours too 

sadly...we prob have 3 others on the roster better than ours too....

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

It'll be interesting to see if it lasts the whole year but VAJ is on pace for quite the season.

Definitely helps that Hollins & McInnis are taking turns being uncoverable.  Those 2 guys are playing great right now & their new guy, Berryhill, looks good too.

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

I saw Hollins drop two touchdowns on Saturday and had another drop, McInnis is the one who looked unstoppable in my opinion. 

In this game yes, which is why I said they are taking turns.  Against us, Hollins was the one going over 200 yards while McInnis had a few missed opportunities (still got almost 100 yards though).

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

It'll be interesting to see if it lasts the whole year but VAJ is on pace for quite the season.

All the so called top teams are one 1st string QB injury away from mediocrity (see Riders and ALS). The way VAJ plays IMO, it’s only a matter of time before he gets hurt. It’s nice that he can scramble, but he needs to learn how to protect himself better. Every game I’ve watched him play the Bombers for instance, he takes a beating coming up limping etc. I hope I’m wrong as the league needs its top players playing. Time will tell …

18 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

All the so called top teams are one 1st string QB injury away from mediocrity (see Riders and ALS). The way VAJ plays IMO, it’s only a matter of time before he gets hurt. It’s nice that he can scramble, but he needs to learn how to protect himself better. Every game I’ve watched him play the Bombers for instance, he takes a beating coming up limping etc. I hope I’m wrong as the league needs its top players playing. Time will tell …

BC never could handle Jeffcoat, in big games the D-line usually nailed Adams 4-6 times whenever he was in the lineup.  Notice not many free wheeling DE's left in the league, most are pluggers that occasionally break through in the style of Lorenzo Mauldin.