GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders - Tussle at the Toilet Bowl

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Moving on to who?

The guy who is so busted up already they can't use him?

is he? or do our coaches just not take Collaros out unless they have no choice? They didn't use Streveler for anything besides short yardage early in the year either. he only got to throw a pass after Collaros was hurt. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

is he? or do our coaches just not take Collaros out unless they have no choice? They didn't use Streveler for anything besides short yardage early in the year either. he only got to throw a pass after Collaros was hurt. 

He's not busted up...our HC is of the belief ZC is best in the league.. he says it all the time...that's why he stays in

Time to let Strev play "quarterback" and not a bull in China shop

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They've been pretty reluctant to go for anything more than a yard the past couple weeks.  Think something is up physically with Streveler right now.

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

How do you feel about that play call? That was the dumbest, and worst time kill play I’ve seen. 
 It was a dirty hit and probably the only highlight reel biggie will make for the rest of his career. I hope he’s suspended, but it’ll just be a fine unfortunately. 

I did question why no kneel down, but I’m gonna be honest, if a Rider did that to Collaros, I’d call it the same way, I hate that bs.

Very unfortunately reffed game, the CFL needs an overhaul. The PI on Ford was non existent, it’s unacceptable. And it’s every game.

at very least throw him in for a series when the O is bogged down just to shake things up. 

"we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas" seems to be this teams mantra this year. 

the bighill thing at the end of the game, that's a guy who knows he's playing like **** trying to make a statement, unfortunately for him he's still playing like **** and now just looks like an idiot. Hopefully the league suspends him so we can stop watching him make an ass of himself trying to tackle. 

Edited by 17to85

Just now, greenrider55 said:

I did question why no kneel down, but I’m gonna be honest, if a Rider did that to Collaros, I’d call it the same way, I hate that bs.

Very unfortunately reffed game, the CFL needs an overhaul. The PI on Ford was non existent, it’s unacceptable. And it’s every game.

Dirty with out question. But I really don’t think the league will suspend like they should. Might not even be a max fine. Bobandy is a terrible commissioner. 

we need full time, decently paid refs, then we need to hold them accountable. The short yardage sneak spot was soo bad too. CFL refs being cfl refs. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

at very least throw him in for a series when the O is bogged down just to shake things up. 

"we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas" seems to be this teams mantra this year. 

I seriously don't think osh knows how to coach..he did fine with top talent..in their prime who ran the room...it was wedged between his first 3...4 yrs and now...when he doesn't have that luxury...and other teams improved and added new talent...and the record reflects it.

His interviews...he has no answers...he doesn't address anything..he has no real clue what to say...or how to critique it

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I seriously don't think osh knows how to coach..he did fine with top talent..in their prime who ran the room...it was wedged between his first 3...4 yrs and now...when he doesn't have that luxury...and other teams improved and added new talent...and the record reflects it.

His interviews...he has no answers...he doesn't address anything..he has no real clue what to say...or how to critique it

I think he knows quite a lot, I think his problem is 100% as simple as he won't make the tough roster calls and take his guys out for the good of the team. It's sad when it happens, but he settled into too much of a comfort zone with some players who obviously can not get the job done anymore. 

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

I dont disagree with you. But name a coach in this league that speaks the way you think they should? 

Just now, Dodge and Burn said:

I dont disagree with you. But name a coach in this league that speaks the way you think they should? 

Also do you want someone who is an emotional idiot?  Comes on and says "**** COLLAROS, can't stand this ****"...no coach is saying anything and none of them are saying anything critical or specific until they get to see film.

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's not lately. He's done that exact same thing his entire career.

I've loved Demski since his Bison days but him carrying the ball like a purse is his calling card. Over and over and over again.

54 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Also do you want someone who is an emotional idiot?  Comes on and says "**** COLLAROS, can't stand this ****"...no coach is saying anything and none of them are saying anything critical or specific until they get to see film.

It’s fine if he toes the line to the media and fans. As long as his actions aren’t as mindless. 
 The smug, excuse laden crap after a loss isn’t ok. 

Some thing like, “the offence didn’t and hasn’t been performing as we expected. To a man I think they’d all agree with that. We will have to go back and review the film, and see why we came up short. We can’t keep playing and under performing like this. If performances don’t improve quickly, we will have to make changes. No one is beyond being accountable no matter what they done here, in the league, nfl or what have you.” 

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It’s fine if he toes the line to the media and fans. As long as his actions aren’t as mindless. 
 The smug, excuse laden crap after a loss isn’t ok. 

Some thing like, “the offence didn’t and hasn’t been performing as we expected. To a man I think they’d all agree with that. We will have to go back and review the film, and see why we came up short. We can’t keep playing and under performing like this. If performances don’t improve quickly, we will have to make changes. No one is beyond being accountable no matter what they done here, in the league, nfl or what have you.” 

Not sure you listened to the post-game.

3 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

O doesn't have the hogs nor the recs right now to make points like we are used to. 

It starts up front. 

Somehow in the last year our tall foreheads have let our o line slide to maybe 5th best in the league...

From what I saw Zach doesn't have the time to throw deep. So he doesn't set up like he used to with a second or two to spare when he does throws deep. He's way out of his comfort zone because he doesn't trust his OL to give him the protection he wants. That & his arm isn't what it used to be. Our offense has bogged down... Wilson didn't have a great game because that DB for the Riders played the game of his life. Wilson was getting open but Collaros just couldn't get the ball to him. 

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I really hope they make some typw of pitch to Rourke in the offseason. Would really show we want to win it at home next year.

The only way Nathan Rourke comes here is if they fire O'Shea & make Jordan Maksymic the HC. He had a special relationship with Rourke as the Lions OC. There's virtually no chance of that happening.