GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders - Tussle at the Toilet Bowl

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

From what I saw Zach doesn't have the time to throw deep. So he doesn't set up like he used to with a second or two to spare when he does throws deep. He's way out of his comfort zone because he doesn't trust his OL to give him the protection he wants. That & his arm isn't what it used to be. Our offense has bogged down... Wilson didn't have a great game because that DB for the Riders played the game of his life. Wilson was getting open but Collaros just couldn't get the ball to him. 

They need to employ more of a ball control offense. Looks like there isn't much intention of doing that. 

16 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

They need to employ more of a ball control offense. Looks like there isn't much intention of doing that. 

Completely agree.  I’ve been saying for a year now that Bombers need to develop a better short to mid range passing game and circumstances this year make it imperative.  Our most successful pass play last night was the dump in the flat to Brady.  Not going to do much on offence if that’s the best you can do.

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So can Buck not adapt? Is Zach too stubborn? 

I see a little of both.
Also, Zach doesn’t have the arm strength anymore. When he does make the right decisions, the ball often has too little velocity.
We’ve seen a lot of brutal underthrows that should have been TDs over the last year. 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I see a little of both.
Also, Zach doesn’t have the arm strength anymore. When he does make the right decisions, the ball often has too little velocity.
We’ve seen a lot of brutal underthrows that should have been TDs over the last year. 

Also as much as the oline stinks, he double and triple pumped multiple times yesterday only to take a sack or a throw to nobody.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

It's tough to win when you have to play the refs too.....The pi calls were the worst I've seen for quite awhile....Beyond all of that crap, we had chances but could not hold on to the ball.....football 101.....I know players try to extend a successful play for all it's worth BUT sometimes that ends in disaster and turnovers that can kill drives....Demski is probably kicking himself right now AND a couple of our receivers who should have had completions instead of drops, cost us big time....The D was sporadic .....no consistency yet....except for Castillo and his game....AND geez was I ever pulling for him to make that 61 yarder.........

Regardless of the penalties this team has been quite undisciplined this season so far. Isn’t that a sign of coaching issue? It was when it was the riders. I feel there’s a lack of accountability on the team. 

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Regardless of the penalties this team has been quite undisciplined this season so far. Isn’t that a sign of coaching issue? It was when it was the riders. I feel there’s a lack of accountability on the team. 

For sure there is. When the senior guys are performing like trash with no consequence I’m sure it seeps through subconsciously to the whole team. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

For sure there is. When the senior guys are performing like trash with no consequence I’m sure it seeps through subconsciously to the whole team. 

You’d think they would have learned from our hockey team but nope. O’Shea gonna have to fire himself like Paul Maurice did. 

The defence held a team to 19 on the road....They were far from great, but holding a team to 19 SHOULD be enough to win....

The special teams gave up no huge returns, Castillo is playing fantastic and Case secured the ball and overall had really good averages...they didn't do anything to cause us to lose...

The refs were bad...but bad both ways...we probably overall had worse calls, but they didn't cause us to lose..

The offence didn't score a TD, didn't even really threaten too....threw a terrible pick, and added a fumble....other than Brady no one seemed jacked up....100% this lose is on the offence.....

Just now, 3rdand1.5 said:

The defence held a team to 19 on the road....They were far from great, but holding a team to 19 SHOULD be enough to win....

The special teams gave up no huge returns, Castillo is playing fantastic and Case secured the ball and overall had really good averages...they didn't do anything to cause us to lose...

The refs were bad...but bad both ways...we probably overall had worse calls, but they didn't cause us to lose..

The offence didn't score a TD, didn't even really threaten too....threw a terrible pick, and added a fumble....other than Brady no one seemed jacked up....100% this lose is on the offence.....

With even average QBing we win that game in a cakewalk.   

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

With even average QBing we win that game in a cakewalk.   

Yup...ZC needs to be on short leash..but osh will tell anyone who will listen that ZC is the elite QB in the league...and he's not...Osh is seriously 90 percent of the problem here...and it started festering in 2022...and here we are

44 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think it's more like, when you're getting beaten physically you're more likely to take holding penalties or pass interference penalties.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Did anyone bother to ask him why Lucky couldn't make the roster over Kase or Johnson?

He would say he not "ready" yet...or "in game shape" but then why was Case put in...same with Biggie..Schoen...Bailey..Demski last yr in Grey Cup...this yr to open season with guys who nebwr played a lick....in they go

Osh will.play his favs and his boi's regardless...With no rhyme nor reason for it....And more times than not it isn't in the overall best for team...same with not using the Nationalized rule...he doesn't like it...voted against it...and lost...so this is his statement to the rest of the league...to the detriment of the team...he has 10 yrs here...time to go...it happens all the time..this isn't unique to us

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

“Wouldn’t it have been prudent to put Lucky in to get underthown to by Collaros?” 

Lucky can catch a short pass and run fast for a few yards too, just as well as Oliveira. More importantly her  is a veteran who could read the D and adjust and be in the right spot to make a catch.

10 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Agree with almost everything. However, the reffing in this game was horrendous. It's possibly the worst I ever remember. But yes, our defense was not the problem. Our Offense should be able to score 20.

Posted in wrong thread already.....but here goes...

2-5

That is the record......strictly on merit. 

With the injuries.....we have a combination of guys not ready for prime time.....and others (vets) either under performing or.......just well past their time.   

Also a coaching staff that appears unable to maximize the current roster, make in-game adjustments,  or simply lack the stones to face making the required retool of this roster.

Bombers currently resemble the Yamato's last voyage.  Gaping holes at QB, MLB, S, C, OG DHB, KR...

For anyone wondering about some sort of succesion plan, last couple years.......turns out there was absolutly no plan.    Chickens coming home to roost now.   Performance now resembles a lot of the bad ole days......

Complete failure of management from the GM/HC

15 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

The D was able to bring pressure on Patterson. Kyrie Wilson had a good game. I thought Willie J did too. Bighill not so much. BA was a step behind as usual. Nichols missed an important tackle. Holm stumbled at an unfortunate moment. PI against Ford was a joke.

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Posted in wrong thread already.....but here goes...

2-5

That is the record......strictly on merit. 

With the injuries.....we have a combination of guys not ready for prime time.....and others (vets) either under performing or.......just well past their time.   

Also a coaching staff that appears unable to maximize the current roster, make in-game adjustments,  or simply lack the stones to face making the required retool of this roster.

Bombers currently resemble the Yamato's last voyage.  Gaping holes at QB, MLB, S, C, OG DHB, KR...

For anyone wondering about some sort of succesion plan, last couple years.......turns out there was absolutly no plan.    Chickens coming home to roost now.   Performance now resembles a lot of the bad ole days......

Complete failure of management from the GM/HC

It's not like we didn't warn them :)

Nichols went from his best game last week to his worst this week. Looked pretty frustrated at times honestly. I think some of these guys are getting annoyed with certain things cuz you don’t normally see nichols struggle like he did. There’s an underlying issue here. Perhaps it’s playing 3 guys short every series cuz AB BA and JT do nothing. 

Edited by Goalie

I'll preface my comment by saying my knowledge of football doesn't come close to some on here . There are lots of issues on this team. And I'm usually a very optimistic person BUT :

Collaros  is costing the Bombers games. His excapeability is completely gone. It used to be a huge part of his game.

He constantly underthrows relievers. Many of the completions he has now are great or spectacular catches by the recievers which masks just how bad It is.

His decision making is shocking at times. Throwing into double or triple coverage In the red zone last night he totally ignored an open reciever and chose to throw to a player  surrounded by 3 green jerseys. Same in the previous game. 

I could go on but will stop there. This isn't just our revamped O line. I know there are issues on D with some aged out vets.  But without a competent QB you can't compete at all. This reminds me very much of when Zach came in . Nichols was done. And now Zach is as well.

Edited by the watcher