Crowdstrike outage

Anyone here getting burnt by Crowdstrike?  This is the most serious computer outage in history.  If you're in IT and your weekend just got smashed, here's some good vibes. 

I'm flying back to Canada today.  Luckily Air Canada doesn't use Crowdstrike -- my flight is on schedule. 

14 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Anyone here getting burnt by Crowdstrike?  This is the most serious computer outage in history.  If you're in IT and your weekend just got smashed, here's some good vibes. 

I'm flying back to Canada today.  Luckily Air Canada doesn't use Crowdstrike -- my flight is on schedule. 

Air Canada doesn't but customs does so there's long lines at some airports.  Friends of mine are/were supposed to fly back from Denver today with WestJet.  So far they are good but said the airport is crazy due to the cancellations and customs backlog.

I'm in IT but the impact on me has been almost nothing since my group mainly works with on-prem apps/devices.  A couple issues with our rare cloud-based stuff but very minor impact overall.

15 hours ago, iHeart said:

No but I knew businesses would be screwed up today so I brought lots of cash with me to Fringe fest

Z2rOkvs.gif

Gotta learn to tap and pay baby girl.

FWIW: My IT brother said the fix was as simple as going into recover mode, and renaming the csagent.sys file to csagent.old.sys and rebooting.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Z2rOkvs.gif

Gotta learn to tap and pay baby girl.

FWIW: My IT brother said the fix was as simple as going into recover mode, and renaming the csagent.sys file to csagent.old.sys and rebooting.

I'd like to but I feel like you can get robbed easily if people have certain devices at least that's what mom keeps telling me believe me I would love to tap