Worn Out Fan

I have been a blue bomber fan for over 60 years starting when I was eight…

I've always been passionate about them especially around family. But now I have lost my mojo…

The worst part about all has been the bickering between posters and the quick run to negativity that I am not used to seeing. I think this is a great fan board but I just now I feel disgusted.

It's not that the bombers are having a tough year; I've been through many more tough years than good ones. What's bugging me is the Blue company PR; it's the appearance of complacency and we will be "okay"… That's what's the heartbreak is for me... It's too quiet.

I do miss too the lack of optimism that I usually find somewhere amidst the posters. I see the potential and I see the impatience. But the mood of doom and gloom multiplied by complaining is enough to make me want to walk away from the game after all these years. It's not fun right now. No, I do not think we are spoiled.

It wasn't very long ago that we all thought we had the best management in the country. Does everybody seem helpless because one or two individuals have too much control, too much self-centredness?

Okay, so for now I give up. I am going to jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon. Every time we win again I'm going to buy a cigar and throw it over the balcony. The rest of the time I'm going to play sad old rock music.

Meanwhile, I am going to content myself with trying to figure out when Michael O'Shea first developed Alzheimer's. It's my new challenge. I think I will start next week, maybe.

I think the negativity is due to 2 main things

1.our record

2. Our frustration with bomber mgmt to not address obvious issues. ie allowing vets to go past expiration date with seemingly no backup plan in place, or standing pat with an offence that couldnt score more than 3 field goals in their last game

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Mike said:

My negativity is all for one reason and one reason only.

I’m an idiot and I saw this coming a mile away. Every part of it.

if I saw it coming, they should’ve seen it coming.

100% this. Would have been the easiest thing in the world to avoid this fall... instead they doubled down on not avoiding it.

Edited by 17to85

Yup. Agreed.  But it’s almost like a F you to lots of folks on here. I wanted to keep Dru over Zach. Logically a 35 36 yr old ain’t got much time left but the kid we groomed did. Man that’s a bad word in today’s world so I’ll say the 1st blue bomber qb we developed in years. We chose old Joe over Steve young. It’s just maddening. Old Joe tho had a good year or 2 left. Zach appears like he don’t. It started there for me. 

I just feel a total disconnect from the team. Or like they've circled the wagons & pointed their rifles out to beat back the hordes of fans riding in circles around the wagons wanting answers. I haven't reached the point of total frustration yet but to me this does feel like 1967, 1973, & 2012. Total collapses after great seasons. I've been through it before & I'll get through it again. Do I feel that a GC winning team is now years away? Yes, I do. 

However, this regime's time is over. I don't think they themselves can rebuild this team anymore. The Grymes signing confirmed that for me. It made absolutely no sense.

I think that Mike O'Shea especially needs to leave. He's the mastermind behind everything. He seems to be in total control. His decisions have made or broke the team. His smug stubborness, smirk & inability to really keep it real with the fans & media has really left a bad taste in my mouth. His act was like Bill Belichek. Okay when he wins. Gets real wearing when he lost. 

Was all avoidable..that's what irks me...the signs and the issues...or what was gonna be the issues were as clear as day and pretty glaring...I was ringing the alarm bell...

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

And they are not even that far off from being a  .500 team - it's just that very little of substance is being done.

Their real strength was our defense in 2019 & 21. Teams found it hard to run, pass & especially score on us back then. We put a ton of pressure on the pass rush.  Then, Walters just let that great defense age out & wither away. Stove hasn't played for us since 2021. Three years later, we still haven't found his replacement. Walters refused to go after any nose guards or D Ends in free agency. So, here we are.

It used to be our offense would outscore the other guys. Now, we can't do that anymore. They saw this coming. THEY HAD TO!! God Almighty, that's the job of the HC, GM & Scouts. To see & recognize when players need to be replaced. Yet, very little was done.

We keep guys like Jake Thomas & let Janarion Grant & Rasheed Bailey go to free agency.  Coaches favourites still play. What the Hell happened to the decision making on this team? How has it been allowed to come down to this? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

The biggest WTF in my mind of Kolanowksi, if Zach is your guy how do you not do everything you can to protect him? Are you really choosing to risk your QB over your bitterness towards a player that didn't get vax'd and couldn't complete the 2021 season? If you weren't willing to play Eli why would you have Walters sign him for 3 years? That one roster change could improve our offense immensely, fixing our defense is probably two changes but solutions are in house.

I guess my message to Osh and the team would be "We as fans are sick of not seeing the best players we have not start and play the most reps, fix it before we FO."

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

The negativity is because we've been at the top of the mountain destroying everyone for like 3 or 4 years... And now we're not. It's a bitter pill. 

It's the inaction that gets me.  We've suffered through worse teams so I'm not ready to throw in the towel but man is it frustrating watching them sit on their hands.

13 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The secret is to be negative all the time.

tenor.gif

To those who keep say we should have kept Brown over Collaros. Collaros has a guaranteed contract that we'd have to pay out or trade him. 

I was talking to somebody about a month ago and they started with a "no offense but I hate your team right now." I responded with a "None taken, I'm angry at them too." It hasn't changed. Its just frustrating to go from contender/potential dynasty to aging dumpster fire in one season.

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

The biggest WTF in my mind of Kolanowksi, if Zach is your guy how do you not do everything you can to protect him? Are you really choosing to risk your QB over your bitterness towards a player that didn't get vax'd and couldn't complete the 2021 season? If you weren't willing to play Eli why would you have Walters sign him for 3 years? That one roster change could improve our offense immensely, fixing our defense is probably two changes but solutions are in house.

I guess my message to Osh and the team would be "We as fans are sick of not seeing the best players we have not start and play the most reps, fix it before we FO."

U really believe its because Eli didnt get the jab? If so, thats bloody pathetic......

We could have had a soft landing.....instead all of the chickens have come home to roost at the same time...INACTION became our mantra and that' a killer....Sure we have made a few moves but not the significant ones we needed and in a timely fashion...It's a good thing to see the banjo sold out already....that suggests we still have some faith.....Will it be destroyed next game with a bad result??? We will see ....however not expecting a miracle