Worn Out Fan

I've said for yrs now....Osh plays his fav's...and allows his bias in some circumstances over rule the smart/right choice...and it totally handcuffs our roster

If you aint one his "boi's" and have the wrong B.C in some instances....you are behind the 8-ball and good luck getting on the roster, and if you do....good luck with .getting significant reps if u actually got lucky and got on...and thats just not good

It was easy to gloss over it and hide before....but his Bias' players now aren't good enough...and his "Boi's" don't have the chops anymore...and here we are

I would not be worried...or shed a tear if he got fired....we'd be just fine...and definitely better and a more balanced team....one that takes advantage of all the rules afforded to us, and one that plays the best players at each position

Edited by Booch

To be fair 

Okay, so you're a rocket scientist
That don't impress me much
So you got the brain but have you got the touch
Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Its pretty obvious by a number of the comments on here that we're not rocket scientists , but if even we can (mostly) agree its the the refusal/reluctance to act on significant areas of concern thats hurting this team, then where there's smoke there's likely fire.

It also doesn't help that the moves they do make (like bringing in Grimes) are a bit head scratching.  Time will tell if those moves were worthwhile or not but their track record with moves like this isn't great ((see Naaman Roosevelt).

Problem is they're fixated on most of the losses being close, so just clean up a few things... well most of their wins the last 5 years were close too... used to be we had the talent and depth to make the plays needed to win the tight ones, now they don't have either. They need to realize that before they can fix it.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Their real strength was our defense in 2019 & 21. Teams found it hard to run, pass & especially score on us back then. We put a ton of pressure on the pass rush.  Then, Walters just let that great defense age out & wither away. Stove hasn't played for us since 2021. Three years later, we still haven't found his replacement. Walters refused to go after any nose guards or D Ends in free agency. So, here we are.

It used to be our offense would outscore the other guys. Now, we can't do that anymore. They saw this coming. THEY HAD TO!! God Almighty, that's the job of the HC, GM & Scouts. To see & recognize when players need to be replaced. Yet, very little was done.

We keep guys like Jake Thomas & let Janarion Grant & Rasheed Bailey go to free agency.  Coaches favourites still play. What the Hell happened to the decision making on this team? How has it been allowed to come down to this? 

He didn't need to go after nose guards.  You have Lawson, Samson, Smekel.  DEs yes.

55 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Problem is they're fixated on most of the losses being close, so just clean up a few things... well most of their wins the last 5 years were close too... used to be we had the talent and depth to make the plays needed to win the tight ones

This is the season, right here. The past couple years we won a lot of close games that we just as easily could have lost. Now we're just barely losing them, instead of just barely winning.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is the season, right here. The past couple years we won a lot of close games that we just as easily could have lost. Now we're just barely losing them, instead of just barely winning.

I'd also say that if we DID win a few of those close games this year, it's easier to paper over the obvious holes on this team.  

Say we are 5-2 as opposed to 2-5 .. we've won a few more games but still have an aging roster with no real succession plan in place.

VOTE of NON-CONFIDENCE: Miller

the bombers CEO saved this franchise once… And he needs to do it again

by and large you let the head coach do his thing… We all know that and the reasons

However, now it's different. There's a reason why coaches don't stay with their team forever… Great leaders are always trying to repeat their great successes but so many consequential and ongoing decisions show that they are not thinking straight.

Success was found by applying the right principles to the situation and utilizing the people willing to take those critical steps. What proves to be true afterwards is that each situation requires new and unique solutions. Trying to apply past solutions to a very different present situation just doesn't work.

It takes a unique individual to apply new solutions to new challenges. It takes a humility to do this.

WARNING SHOT ACROSS THE BOW

if Walters can use a little influence and "order" MOS to make certain changes, maybe the season can be saved. If Miller looks in and has a heart-to-heart with O'Shea maybe he will realize he's being put on notice. It would be stupid to not tell O'Shea that his job is on the line right now.

Otherwise we will just continue to spiral and he will be fired in the off-season. PLANNED Rebuilding next winter simply is too late. Doing nothing is a vote of nonconfidence. Taking corrective action now is a vote of confidence, if things have not already gone too far.

We just need our whole team to lead from wherever they are standing. This is executives, coaches, and players. It's not a matter of authority; it's a matter of pulling together to lift each other up as we face the hard realities.

42 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

by and large you let the head coach do his thing… We all know that and the reasons

However, now it's different. There's a reason why coaches don't stay with their team forever… Great leaders are always trying to repeat their great successes but so many consequential and ongoing decisions show that they are not thinking straight.

Success was found by applying the right principles to the situation and utilizing the people willing to take those critical steps. What proves to be true afterwards is that each situation requires new and unique solutions. Trying to apply past solutions to a very different present situation just doesn't work.

It takes a unique individual to apply new solutions to new challenges. It takes a humility to do this.

if Walters can use a little influence and "order" MOS to make certain changes, maybe the season can be saved. If Miller looks in and has a heart-to-heart with O'Shea maybe he will realize he's being put on notice. It would be stupid to not tell O'Shea that his job is on the line right now.

Otherwise we will just continue to spiral and he will be fired in the off-season. PLANNED Rebuilding next winter simply is too late. Doing nothing is a vote of nonconfidence. Taking corrective action now is a vote of confidence, if things have not already gone too far.

We just need our whole team to lead from wherever they are standing. This is executives, coaches, and players. It's not a matter of authority; it's a matter of pulling together to lift each other up as we face the hard realities.

from listening to Osh....watching what he does...his reasonings/excuses for whats going on...he has no inclination to stray from what he "thinks" is the winning formula...he's stubbornly clueless...and I think he lacks forward thinking....he great at looking back tho

5 hours ago, Booch said:

I've said for yrs now....Osh plays his fav's...and allows his bias in some circumstances over rule the smart/right choice...and it totally handcuffs our roster

If you aint one his "boi's" and have the wrong B.C in some instances....you are behind the 8-ball and good luck getting on the roster, and if you do....good luck with .getting significant reps if u actually got lucky and got on...and thats just not good

It was easy to gloss over it and hide before....but his Bias' players now aren't good enough...and his "Boi's" don't have the chops anymore...and here we are

I would not be worried...or shed a tear if he got fired....we'd be just fine...and definitely better and a more balanced team....one that takes advantage of all the rules afforded to us, and one that plays the best players at each position

This is one of the head-scratchers for me (bolded above). I'm not up on all of the rules but I think that I read earlier here that we're starting more Canadians than mandated.....10 or 11 when only 7 or 8 (?) are required. I understand the whole patriotic, nationalistic thing but aren't Canuck starters paid on the whole more than equivalent imports. Cheaper and most likely better imports are probably available. And are we even making use of the Designated Nationalized American rule?

6 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Agreed. The players know far better than we that their jobs depend on their performances, and if they see that the coach(es) and/or management have no accountability for their actions or inactions, that will be a divisive issue.

17 hours ago, Booch said:

from listening to Osh....watching what he does...his reasonings/excuses for whats going on...he has no inclination to stray from what he "thinks" is the winning formula...he's stubbornly clueless...and I think he lacks forward thinking....he great at looking back tho

Winning formula:  “Hey Kyle, sign 4-5 generational talents at their prime, then we’ll drive them into the ground” 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Winning formula:  “Hey Kyle, sign 4-5 generational talents at their prime, then we’ll drive them into the ground” 

and not replace or set up a transitional player to groom as we do that....but start less than adequate guys in key spots....just because

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

and not replace or set up a transitional player to groom as we do that....but start less than adequate guys in key spots....just because

They should have had guys in place around 2022 to take over like Brady did. 
The MLB spot bugs me the most. 

Tony J might be good, for sure physically would offer more than Biggie does right now.

The optics of having 2 years to find someone and the best they could do is a guy who Chris Jones of all people couldn’t find a spot for are downright terrible. 

We have the worst LBs in the league and it’s not close. To run out the same corps as last years GC, in Week 7 is inexcusable. 

My bad vibes started to kick in, watching that inane X game at home, which resembled a lost cattle call......followed up by the Als pushing us around in the opener at home.  
Not seeing some expected faces used as replacements (this had to be the year).......and saw a team that simply looked complacent and totally unprepared.   
Grant's situation was a symptom.....for the sake of a few grand, we just let our field position flipper walk away.......and replaced him with meh.

The ongoing use of this roster, has made me reach for yet more gin.   

Edited by do or die

2 hours ago, do or die said:

My bad vibes started to kick in, watching that inane X game at home, which resembled a lost cattle call......followed up by the Als pushing us around in the opener at home.  
Not seeing some expected faces used as replacements (this had to be the year).......and saw a team that simply looked complacent and totally unprepared.   
Grant's situation was a symptom.....for the sake of a few grand, we just let our field position flipper walk away.......and replaced him with meh.

The ongoing use of this roster, has made me reach for yet more gin.   

I am leaning toward your point of view. I do have to say that my enthusium will still always be there for my Bombers but at the moment I am starting to lean toward time for a change at the top (Head Coach that is to say). I do not know what goes on behind closed doors but from the outside it at least appears to me that changes are needed sooner than later. Just bad roster management from my point of view is the major issue.

Always glad to see them win and obviously times are easier then, but i dont get down when they lose.

After all, sports is just a form of entertainment and there isn't anything I, as a fan, individually could have done to change the outcome.

Win or lose the beer at the next home game will be cold, hopefully the weather is good. That is all you need to have a good time if your mindset is right. Control what you can control, and let that which does not matter, truly slide.

3 hours ago, BigBlue said:

When the Blue lose, the problem is Monday morning the whole city goes into a black funk and it can last all week ... its really hard on biz sales

I mean, that’s how I personally am to a point but I’d hardly say the whole city. I think that kind of overestimates the emotional investment of the average casual fan. 

3 hours ago, BigBlue said:

When the Blue lose, the problem is Monday morning the whole city goes into a black funk and it can last all week ... its really hard on biz sales

Its not the losses per se. Its the infuriating way O'Shea fumbles away talent and opportunity and sleepwalks into losses.

32 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Its not the losses per se. Its the infuriating way O'Shea fumbles away talent and opportunity and sleepwalks into losses.

**** we've all seen plenty of bad losses, it's the losses that don't have to happen and the refusal to change the approach that led to those losses that causes the anger.