Worn Out Fan

31 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Its not the losses per se. Its the infuriating way O'Shea fumbles away talent and opportunity and sleepwalks into losses.

He truly thinks all.is fine...got the adequate players in the lineup...it's just small tweaks and issues with preparedness..fixing errors..etc..etc...he's literally clueless to what's killing this team...and it's all at his feet...it's him

Alright watching Dru Brown tonight. I was one of the fans here that said keeping Zach Collaros over Dru Brown was the best move by the Bombers. I never expected Zach's game would crater the way it has. And it's stayed at an unacceptably low level. It's bad enough seeing Janarion Grant have a great season returning punts & kickoffs. Now, the first young qb we signed & developed since Dieter Brock was allowed to go to Ottawa as a free agent. The personnel decisions that's been made have been mind boggling.

Seeing Brown find success gives me indigestion.

I am sort of getting a little more burned out than worn out. However I will miss Bomber Football after Grey Cup and the snow flies here in Calgary. Hopefully things will improve as we move toward the 1/2  way point and beyond.

Always a Bomber Fan but a little flustrated at the moment. Lots of blame to go around that's for sure.

PS - should not complain about the snow in Calgary in the winter cause after Christmas I am out of here to warm spots until April rolls around!😁

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

To be honest. If you don’t comment on here for a bit, the negativity around the team doesn’t exist. It’s this site and the extremely repetitive posts that are worn out. I mean how many times can ppl say I know more until it’s just annoying. 

Just this site? Have you checked social media lately??? Most fans don't post here. It's X & Instagram. They do on Facebook but sites like "Winnipeg Blue Bomber Chatter" try to control the message by banning negative comments. All they end up doing is acting like fan boi's. I used to post there but quit. Don't like the constant criticism of fans opinions forcing them to be cheerleaders. This place is as real as any social media platform. Same things are being said. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

55 minutes ago, Goalie said:

To be honest. If you don’t comment on here for a bit, the negativity around the team doesn’t exist. It’s this site and the extremely repetitive posts that are worn out. I mean how many times can ppl say I know more until it’s just annoying. 

I could not agree with you more, Goalie… The negativity just feels like whining… The psychology of crowds and all that stuff. We had the same kind of mentality when we were on top. It's the opposite of a "can-do" attitude. So at least on this matter I agree with Michael O'Shea.

However, maybe we really do need a change. The inability to upgrade at least some personnel with developing players is a problem... coaches love veterans, but if they don't make constant change they end up with a leaking sinking ship seems to come from nowhere. And the captain does no more than handout duct tape in the boiler room.

So how would you all feel if, President Miller calls a press conference tomorrow morning to announce that Coach O'Shea has been fired and been replaced with Buck Pierce?

Do you think such a replacement would solve the problem?

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yet here you are doing the same thing. I mean how many times can you say you find it annoying. 

You have the choice whether or not you see someone's posts - you can easily add them to your ignore list if it's that big of an issue.

you do know that the bombers could have reduced the negativity greatly themselves  by trouncing the argos, which without the miscues could have easily happened

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

We've suffered through way worse than this before. We're just so spoiled because of all the winning. 

Yes, but we were the perennial losers, and now its been a steep drop from being a team that nobody wanted to play.

5 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I could not agree with you more, Goalie… The negativity just feels like whining… The psychology of crowds and all that stuff. We had the same kind of mentality when we were on top. It's the opposite of a "can-do" attitude. So at least on this matter I agree with Michael O'Shea.

However, maybe we really do need a change. The inability to upgrade at least some personnel with developing players is a problem... coaches love veterans, but if they don't make constant change they end up with a leaking sinking ship seems to come from nowhere. And the captain does no more than handout duct tape in the boiler room.

So how would you all feel if, President Miller calls a press conference tomorrow morning to announce that Coach O'Shea has been fired and been replaced with Buck Pierce?

Do you think such a replacement would solve the problem?

I wouldn't be too impressed as I used to think Pierce would be the heir apparent to Mike O'Shea. Now, I'm having second thoughts thinking that things wouldn't change much under him here. We need a complete change of direction with a new coach. Not someone doing the same things under a different name. I'm of the opinion Jordan Maksymic, the OC in BC would be a great choice for HC. Especially if the Lions win the Grey Cup. 

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wouldn't be too impressed as I used to think Pierce would be the heir apparent to Mike O'Shea. Now, I'm having second thoughts thinking that things wouldn't change much under him here. We need a complete change of direction with a new coach. Not someone doing the same things under a different name. I'm of the opinion Jordan Maksymic, the OC in BC would be a great choice for HC. Especially if the Lions win the Grey Cup. 

well how much is Pierce actually responsible for? I don't really blame the OC for an offense struggling given the guys on the IR and lack of depth behind them as well as the fall from grace of the talent on the OL and a star QB aging quickly. 

This teams problems all stem from getting old too fast and not having adequate depth to handle it. 

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm not worn out, just feels like everything is  stagnant.  I'd rather they play new guys and go th rough the growing pains with the highs and lows rather then watching the team slowly fall apart hoping that the vets will find their game again. 

This.

I can stomach growing pains if there's a sign of potential.  With cooked vets (some going on a couple years of being past their best before date), there's zero reason to believe they'll suddenly find the fountain of youth and be in their prime again.

They don't need to go full Chris Jones mode and make mass changes all at once but they need to do something and it just doesn't seem like there is any desire/will to make necessary moves.

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Yet here you are doing the same thing. I mean how many times can you say you find it annoying. 

You have the choice whether or not you see someone's posts - you can easily add them to your ignore list if it's that big of an issue.

Yup. I did that now. But it doesn’t allow me to block one of your troll admins does it. 

Edited by Goalie

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

well how much is Pierce actually responsible for? I don't really blame the OC for an offense struggling given the guys on the IR and lack of depth behind them as well as the fall from grace of the talent on the OL and a star QB aging quickly. 

This teams problems all stem from getting old too fast and not having adequate depth to handle it. 

My main concern is that being part of the Mike O'Shea coaching tree is that he'd do things exactly the same way as Mike O'Shea. I'd like to see a new direction taken. 

13 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

This.

I can stomach growing pains if there's a sign of potential.  With cooked vets (some going on a couple years of being past their best before date), there's zero reason to believe they'll suddenly find the fountain of youth and be in their prime again.

They don't need to go full Chris Jones mode and make mass changes all at once but they need to do something and it just doesn't seem like there is any desire/will to make necessary moves.

I worry that one bad year can become five years, then ten years & we're back to winning a Grey Cup every 25 years. 

Do not get me wrong!

I am not for firing Michael O'Shea. I like him. What I want to see is to have somebody wake him up out of his complacency. He has got us here and with a little time you will get us there, again. The question is how much pain will we have to go through in the process. It is that stupidity type pain that is wearing me out.

I really want to see either Wade Miller or GM Walters issue a commandment; any type will do.

Force him to change our Centre, or Thomas at nose guard, or something else he is being stubborn about. It's the confrontation I want to see. And, a meritocracy where players are rewarded for their hard work at both practices and games.

I want to see O'Shea a little uncomfortable and to realize his job, this year, might be on the line. Yes we've had devastating injuries and other problems. O'Shea teaches an overcoming mentality but he is not doing that right now.

It's time to coach the coach!

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Do not get me wrong!

I am not for firing Michael O'Shea. I like him. What I want to see is to have somebody wake him up out of his complacency. He has got us here and with a little time you will get us there, again. The question is how much pain will we have to go through in the process. It is that stupidity type pain that is wearing me out.

I really want to see either Wade Miller or GM Walters issue a commandment; any type will do.

Force him to change our Centre, or Thomas at nose guard, or something else he is being stubborn about. It's the confrontation I want to see. And, a meritocracy where players are rewarded for their hard work at both practices and games.

I want to see O'Shea a little uncomfortable and to realize his job, this year, might be on the line. Yes we've had devastating injuries and other problems. O'Shea teaches an overcoming mentality but he is not doing that right now.

It's time to coach the coach!

It doesn't work that way. No one is going to tell O'Shea he has to play or sit certain players. He has to do that himself. He either gets it or he doesn't. So, if he doesn't get it then he has to be fired. However, he does need to know that he doesn't have a job for life & that he better start making hard decisions or else. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It doesn't work that way. No one is going to tell O'Shea he has to play or sit certain players. He has to do that himself. He either gets it or he doesn't. So, if he doesn't get it then he has to be fired. However, he does need to know that he doesn't have a job for life & that he better start making hard decisions or else. 

what ever the method, he needs to be put on notice [given a chance to change] ... no, you can't get that granular but you can demand general personnel changes immediately ... the point is to confront his stubborn-ness