Worn Out Fan

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Do not get me wrong!

I am not for firing Michael O'Shea. I like him. What I want to see is to have somebody wake him up out of his complacency. He has got us here and with a little time you will get us there, again. The question is how much pain will we have to go through in the process. It is that stupidity type pain that is wearing me out.

I really want to see either Wade Miller or GM Walters issue a commandment; any type will do.

Force him to change our Centre, or Thomas at nose guard, or something else he is being stubborn about. It's the confrontation I want to see. And, a meritocracy where players are rewarded for their hard work at both practices and games.

I want to see O'Shea a little uncomfortable and to realize his job, this year, might be on the line. Yes we've had devastating injuries and other problems. O'Shea teaches an overcoming mentality but he is not doing that right now.

It's time to coach the coach!

I like this post. Despite his problems this year, I like Mike. And I'm rooting for him to get this **** figured out

43 minutes ago, White Out said:

Someone wrote here a while back that they believed that we won the championships we did in spite of MOS, not with him. I think Walters is the real architect here, and MOS likely made a huge stink to keep Zach instead of Brown. 

MOS needs to pack his bags and take his dumb, **** eating grin elsewhere. 

I’d tend to agree with a lot of this, except I don’t think it’s a good idea to fire MOS midseason and replace him with Buck.

We can say who we’d want on here but undoubtedly that’s what the club would do. 

Right now, despite what some of us want, both Walters and O’Shea will get another chance to fix this for 2025. It’s arguable if one or both should, but can we realistically expect anything else? 

What I’d want is a fresh start with the offence. New OL first and foremost, maybe the offensive coaching staff as well. QB is a huge concern moving forward.

Their best option is honestly Collaros retiring after this season. That would allow the money to fix everything else. An elite OL or 2 in FA and a mid-range salaried QB would go a long way. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

7 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Their best option is honestly Collaros retiring after this season. That would allow the money to fix everything else. An elite OL or 2 in FA and a mid-range salaried QB would go a long way. 

They could also free up some cash by dropping some veteran dead weight (Biggie, BA).  I'd also look into redoing some of the deals we have where we are over-paying guys (Kramdi, Demski).  That last part might be tougher to do but the reality is we aren't getting the best bang for our buck there.

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

They could also free up some cash by dropping some veteran dead weight (Biggie, BA).  I'd also look into redoing some of the deals we have where we are over-paying guys (Kramdi, Demski).  That last part might be tougher to do but the reality is we aren't getting the best bang for our buck there.

Right. And guys like Bryant, Neufeld and Willie who make a lot could end up calling it a career. Willie much less likely, but the point remains there should be enough cash for 25 to bring in some big talent in FA. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d tend to agree with a lot of this, except I don’t think it’s a good idea to fire MOS midseason and replace him with Buck.

We can say who we’d want on here but undoubtedly that’s what the club would do. 

Right now, despite what some of us want, both Walters and O’Shea will get another chance to fix this for 2025. It’s arguable if one or both should, but can we realistically expect anything else? 

What I’d want is a fresh start with the offence. New OL first and foremost, maybe the offensive coaching staff as well. QB is a huge concern moving forward.

I'd bet a solid nickel the next HC of the Bombers is Mike Miller, circa. 2028.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It doesn't work that way. No one is going to tell O'Shea he has to play or sit certain players. He has to do that himself. He either gets it or he doesn't. So, if he doesn't get it then he has to be fired. However, he does need to know that he doesn't have a job for life & that he better start making hard decisions or else. 

I'd go in house like I said before with Darry Patterson...has enough of the old school way in him that blends nicely with being relatable as well as highly respected by players today...and has a solid solid back ground

He would be of the cloth as well that the best players will suit up and play, regardless of where they came from...how long they been here, and not due to any of the other current bias' which plague us.....and comes from the lineage that if you mess up....or dont cut it...repeatedly....you will lose your seat at the big kids table...and thats what we need

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I'd go in house like I said before with Darry Patterson...has enough of the old school way in him that blends nicely with being relatable as well as highly respected by players today...and has a solid solid back ground

He would be of the cloth as well that the best players will suit up and play, regardless of where they came from...how long they been here, and not due to any of the other current bias' which plague us.....and comes from the lineage that if you mess up....or dont cut it...repeatedly....you will lose your seat at the big kids table...and thats what we need

I’d like that.
Pete Costanza would be a good OC candidate for next year I think.

Pipe dream, but if they could somehow pry Macsymick (sp?) out of BC to run the offence, AHC/OC maybe?  
I really don’t think much of Buck as OC, especially as a play caller. 

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'd bet a solid nickel the next HC of the Bombers is Mike Miller, circa. 2028.

If they get things back on track that’s actually a distinct possibility. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

MOS can stay the season. If we continue to lose, I could see Buck being let go this season. I sure as heck don't want Buck as HC.

How come? Are we really going to blame Pierce for the lack of receiving talent and OL talent and massive deterioration of Collaros play? 

Pierce didn't call all those fumbles on Saturday.  

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

How come? Are we really going to blame Pierce for the lack of receiving talent and OL talent and massive deterioration of Collaros play? 

Right now my heart is in my throat every time Demski catches a ball and starts running.  It's just getting too easy to dislodge the ball from him.  

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If we continue to lose, Buck may be the sacrificial lamb. 

I'd prefer not to have him as HC because I don't think his playcalling, game planning or adjustments are great.

48 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Right now my heart is in my throat every time Demski catches a ball and starts running.  It's just getting too easy to dislodge the ball from him.  

Demski is pressing too much...trying to make a huge play on every play, as he knows if we don't most times...we stalling....especially when it seems ZC can't consistently find his game....or if he ever will again. The addition of Lawler hopefully soon...as well as Whitehead who knows the league and where to be, where to go and teams know him and will respect him will also help and let Demski play a bit more how he used to.

Wilson has had a good yr basically learning under live fire....and all things considered is doing good...and has huge upside....and Clericus has shown the next best potential and is gonna be a valuable tool for us....but every other guy they rostered (Johnson....Mitchell...Case) need not be in the lineup anymore this yr, if even on the roster anywhere...Same with Alston...his second...well actually 3rd stint here now and he still deemed not good enough to supplant the other guys who have failed badly...then why the eff he even here???...pointless

Schoen is 2025 consideration now.....Wheatfall deserves to be here to develop too...be it as the extra guy...or on the PR.....Moving forward for remainder of yr and any possible hope of squeeking in the post season and possibly running the table with the hot hand ala 2019 we need to roll with Lawler..Demski..sign Bailey....Woli...and Lucky...Clericus and if roster allows and we dont handcuff ourselves Wheatfall if he available/ready......and really for what all the returners have offered Smith should be back....he has value as a RB if BO goes down...and also as a change of pace and in multi back sets with Strev...and with ZC....he also looks to have more explosiveness on returns and was very close to busting a big one until he was yanked...Case I don't see that in him

We also have to start using Strev as a QB in packages, and when ZC is scuffling.....which we havn't done yet, and is very short sighted...because if ZC goes down...longterm...be nice for Strev to actually been using the playboock....from a lot of what I have seen with ZC last few games...he is an injury just waiting to happen this yr....he not absorbing and reacting to well already to some very tame shots....just wait till he really gets lit up...and with some of the slug oline play we been seeing...and rookie reciever miscues with picking up blocks or recognizing the extreme pressure/blitzes...it's gonna happen.....if we don't see a infusion of veteran pass catchers rostered

Yes to Demski and Brady’s credit those fumbles are mostly caused by fighting for extra yards. I don’t like how demski carries the ball tho, seems prone to turnovers but atleast they fighting for yards. 

when a dude comes in for 1 quarter and equals what your QB has done in 6 games. Yeah they aren’t the biggest concern on O. Elite Canadians tho. Heart and Soul guys. 

here’s my 2 cents. I think our o line is crap and requires a mobile qb, I think if they let streveler be a QB, and not just a run on 2nd or 3rd down guy, we’d be better off. Zachs lack of mobility has killed drives. 

It’s a shame these guys all gonna have to get hurt or Paul Maurice themselves off the team  b4 they replaced 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

If we continue to lose, Buck may be the sacrificial lamb. 

I'd prefer not to have him as HC because I don't think his playcalling, game planning or adjustments are great.

The order of scapegoating goes players -> coordinators -> head coach -> gm.... we got lots or players we can scapegoat before the coordinators start to feel heat.

49 minutes ago, do or die said:

Watching some of that debacle again (masochistic tendencies, I know)...........this interior OL is still pure trash, need at least 2 guys there.......

Root of problems.....

They could try making one change and see what happens... and if still problems make another. That's what infuriates me about this season. We can see the same problem spots every game and they don't do anything about it.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Yes to Demski and Brady’s credit those fumbles are mostly caused by fighting for extra yards. I don’t like how demski carries the ball tho, seems prone to turnovers but atleast they fighting for yards. 

when a dude comes in for 1 quarter and equals what your QB has done in 6 games. Yeah they aren’t the biggest concern on O. Elite Canadians tho. Heart and Soul guys. 

here’s my 2 cents. I think our o line is crap and requires a mobile qb, I think if they let streveler be a QB, and not just a run on 2nd or 3rd down guy, we’d be better off. Zachs lack of mobility has killed drives. 

It’s a shame these guys all gonna have to get hurt or Paul Maurice themselves off the team  b4 they replaced 

When Zach was pulled from the game by the spotter, I was like "good, hope he takes at least two quarters to evaluate".  But nope, he was back out again and screwing up before Strevy could even get into a rhythm.  I was just like COME ON O'SHEA, give Strevy a chance before you put busted fossil back in....