GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

As it sits right now I'm expecting a win for the bombers.   They've won 2 out of 3. Dukes seems to be losing his confidence. They will be keeping Grant contained. If we can limit turnovers and contain Grant i think Dukes will hand us the victory. Toronto is good enough the run but not as good as Saskatchewan. We'll need to establish Brady offensively and control the clock. 

Mookie! Always the optimist! I think Grant will be the difference for the Argos. I am not sure we can put enough pressure on Dukes and I am afraid Zack is past his best before days. But hope springs eternal and I will be in front of the TV with a cold ice tea rooting for the Blue as usual.

Do I want a win...well of course......do I expect a win?...no....would I be happen with a win.? ....thats mixed bag because it will just gloss over major issues, and justify what Osh is doing...and he will roster up this exact same roster for the next game and result in another beat down....and he will smugly talk post game about minor issue here...unfortunate thing there....bit of work to be done on focus...preparedness....we like everyone in the building...thats why they are here bullshit.., and we will just keep spinning wheels going nowhere....and transitioning nothing...and round and round we go until any postseason appearance is killed....and even then...he will probably still make zero change, purge any dead weight...and we will be starting right from scratch again in TC 2025...and if he has his way....bringing back a whack of dead weight....to do this all over again

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I am expecting a loss but fearing a blowout. But if that's what it takes to force a major shakeup, I can live with it.

Nothing will change even with a blowout loss. Osh will be Osh saying he expects his guys to not lose another game this season. He'll say the team looks great with a smirk. 

Keys to the game 

coaching coaching coaching. Dinwiddie n co have slapped mos and his boys around with drastically better game plans, execution and adjustments. We don’t have to out coach them, but we atleast have to be at the same level. 

get off the blocks. Our front has been passive waiting for holding calls that aren’t coming and have failed to disengage in run stop. We have to fight through holds, fight off blockers and make plays. 

Put up yards. The argos are going to slap us in terms of starting field position due to STs. Our offence has to consistently drive the field and keep the punt team off the field. 

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

Mookie! Always the optimist! I think Grant will be the difference for the Argos. I am not sure we can put enough pressure on Dukes and I am afraid Zack is past his best before days. But hope springs eternal and I will be in front of the TV with a cold ice tea rooting for the Blue as usual.

In his last 4 games Dukes has thrown 5 interceptions and 1 touchdown pass.  Winnipeg has been highly competitive all season save for the season opener vs Montreal. After a big disappointing loss last week I'm expecting a rebound and getting back to the winning ways of the 2 previous games.  This season will be going nowhere fast if we can't win a game against Dukes when we need one. Patterson is significantly better than Dukes. 

46 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nothing will change even with a blowout loss. Osh will be Osh saying he expects his guys to not lose another game this season. He'll say the team looks great with a smirk. 

If it comes to that, our hope has to be that Walters and/or Wade Miller will step in. Whether they fire O'Shea or overrule his decision-making powers, he is equally done as a head coach here. 

24 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

In his last 4 games Dukes has thrown 5 interceptions and 1 touchdown pass.  Winnipeg has been highly competitive all season save for the season opener vs Montreal. After a big disappointing loss last week I'm expecting a rebound and getting back to the winning ways of the 2 previous games.  This season will be going nowhere fast if we can't win a game against Dukes when we need one. Patterson is significantly better than Dukes. 

What games have you been watching?

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Well....you would think any HC with head not up his own ass would....but we talking Osh here...

Ok. I’ll go there. Did O’Shea do something to you or your loved ones cuz blaming him for everything is a little ridiculous. He’s not out there dropping passes or throwing interceptions 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ok. I’ll go there. Did O’Shea do something to you or your loved ones cuz blaming him for everything is a little ridiculous. He’s not out there dropping passes or throwing interceptions 

As a HC tho he paid to put best players on field...and if players are not performing...put guys out who will..and make those difficult decisions....not just keep rolling out guys cause he personally likes them

He is the root cause of the whole scenario...he puts out the shitty players...so yip...it's totally on him

Edited by Booch

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

But he’s the one who watches the int’s and drops game in and game out but doesn’t make the necessary changes.  

Don’t see us replacing like 4 Canadians. Who gonna replace them? The Americans. Yeah. It would be nice if they brought some talent in to mentor. 

A punt return by Grant today, sets a record. You know he’s getting it. 

Bombers win the toss and differ 

Listening on radio at the lake and the Ds biggest problem is most are country music fans.