GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

he just arguing cause it was my take on things.....doesnt see the forest thru th trees

I don’t  know you and quite honestly I don’t care if I do, I’m saying my opinion.  I don’t care if you like it or not or if you agree or not but fact. He hasn’t said **** to the media in 10 years. Not gonna start now. Maybe unlike you, he actually doesn’t have all the answers.  You’re a diva dude. 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

There definitely should be accountability but it doesn't need to happen in any kind of public shaming type of way. 

you can say...we just werent good enough along the oline....we cant be dropping/fumbling balls and have to be more aware out there....Need to make better decisions.....hardly shaming...and they are grown men...they can take it.....and may give some kick in ass they need

3 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

How many fumbles did the arblows commit.

all goes back to practice...coaching...attention to detail...etc....accountability....using the excuse of "yeah but we fumbled 3 times...it happens" as an excuse is for losers...it's an indication you aren't good enough consistently...or are badly coached

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

What an interesting comment. It says everything. He was pulled due to the team's desire to get better. 

Eli was terrible on those back to back sacks but he must have settled in after that. Lets keep playing him and let offensive line gel with him in it.

there is an even bigger hole to fill tho on the oline before it gets significantly better

Just now, bigg jay said:

Cue the "clean things up and we're good" excuse.

You know, not so much an excuse as it is an empty refrain. I mean, in a sense they’re right… If they stop fumbling the ball they win these games. It’s just it rings very hollow when it keeps happening over and over and over again.

Demski in particular is mind blowing.

I mean, just what would it take to convince you to thoroughly tuck the ball under your arm or even in both arms? How many times would you need to fumble in these dramatic ways before considering a change in your approach?

Nic, we don’t need another three ******* yards, we need you to hang onto the ball!

I get that people don't want to hear old warn out lines from the coach at a time like this. I personally couldn't care less what he says. Its a crappy situation. I'd rather no even listen to the coach right now or the players. I'm still willing to follow roster moves, practice reports and watch games but that's where i draw the line right now. I'm not a glutton for punishment. 

6 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

I’ve been an absolute diehard since mid 80’s but I’m out. I know it’s rider fanish to say but I’m not watching anymore more games with this regime/team. And ya I’ll gladly let that door hit me on the way out. Spank the f*CK outta me! Peace 

Are you gonna check the score? 

Edited by Colin Unger

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

he just arguing cause it was my take on things.....doesnt see the forest thru th trees

He’s arguing, in part, because you carry on like O’Shea pissed in your cornflakes - it’s wearisome. I value your perspective and agree with many things but honestly dude, give it a rest.

While knowledgeable, your opinion is just that .. an opinion. It means no more than anyone else’s so please stop behaving like a child out to win internet points and carry yourself like the grown ass man you purport to be. Constantly shouting down posters who disagree with you (or who have a different opinion than you) does more to discourage discussion than encourage it.

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I get that people don't want to hear old warn out lines from the coach at a time like this. I personally couldn't care less what he says. Its a crappy situation. I'd rather no even listen to the coach right now or the players. I'm still willing to follow roster moves, practice reports and watch games but that's where i draw the line right now. I'm not a gluten for punishment.

Pretty sure it is "glutton" in this context lol

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

I liked the call to go for it on 3rd and 1. Play to win and getting that gives a chance to score with no time left. 

Clusterfuck of others errors. Just have to laugh or go crazy with all the fumbles and missed FGs. 

I’m not sold on it but I guess I can see it from either side.

In general I like the aggressive call and you have to expect Streveler to make that when he's been plowing 3 to 7 yards beyond the line of scrimmage in similar situations all game.

That being said, there was no chance in hell the Argos were scoring a TD against us on offence so a Bombers field goal would have almost certainly ended the game or went to OT in the worst case scenario.

Edited by Atomic

A few random thoughts:

I’ll admit I see things through the lens of a losing season but far too often the refs / CC are making themselves part of the game (and not in a good way).

The interior of our offensive line is bad.  It won’t matter who we line up behind center if they don’t start playing better or if we don’t make a change there.  I’m not sold on Eli, he’s shown the same tendencies each time he’s had a chance to step in .. great in the run game and has his feet in cement while in pass pro. Buck isn’t helping things either and the offense looks incredibly stale.  All of these things compound on each other.

When was the last time we’ve had this many injuries in a season?  Healthy we probably look better but it would only serve to mask some of what we’re seeing on offense.

Johnson shouldn’t be on the field and Wilson needs to get out of his head and just play ball.

Sergio .. you’re dead to me (again) that was brutal tonight.

9 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Was he on the field for the long bomb to Wilson?

Was in as a receiver on the play.

If Strev is healthy enough to be on as a receiver, why does he not get a snap at QB? Even if his sole purpose is the short yardage QB, why not throw on one of them. The first year he was with us, he was effective because he might not run every time. Burned some teams with the fake short yardage run. Now teams know it will be run. Don't get it.