GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts

31 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

You know, not so much an excuse as it is an empty refrain. I mean, in a sense they’re right… If they stop fumbling the ball they win these games. It’s just it rings very hollow when it keeps happening over and over and over again.

Demski in particular is mind blowing.

I mean, just what would it take to convince you to thoroughly tuck the ball under your arm or even in both arms? How many times would you need to fumble in these dramatic ways before considering a change in your approach?

Nic, we don’t need another three ******* yards, we need you to hang onto the ball!

To me, when almost the entire team is collectively shitting the bed like that, it's beyond correcting a couple mistakes. There need to be changes.

What consequences has Demski ever had for these repeated mistakes? Or any of the vets for that matter. Do any of the vets ever get stapled to the bench?  Neufeld tonight was the first I can really remember, and that just as likely could have been due to injury rather than poor play (maybe whiplash from watching guys blow past him?).

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So the CC, how the **** was that not PI on the "Interception."? The refs on the field, what was that spot? Streveler clearly had the yardage.

With all the other warts and bed shitting, these are the two plays that just burns my ass. Either play rolls in our favour, we win. 

What a putrid loss. I don't mind losing games but the way we gave this away was sickening. Four fumbles. One Pick 6. Our OL sucked again. It always does. The OL isn't good enough yet the same players keep playing. Nothing changes. All we see on the sidelines is "Oh, gosh darn!!" when they make a mistake. I want to see a coach, ANY COACH, ripping a few on the sidelines. I don't want to see them getting patted on the head like it's okay when they screw up. There's no passion from the coaching staff at all. There's no accountability. 

7 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

With all the other warts and bed shitting, these are the two plays that just burns my ass. Either play rolls in our favour, we win. 

I’m a firm believer that if it comes down to a couple of plays, that you’ve left in the hands of the refs, you didn’t do enough to win the game.

I agree though .. terrible spot on the Streveler sneak and unless they blew the play dead early, he was never really down.  He was on top of a few bodies (it looked that way to me).

The non-PI call was brutal but it’s the inconsistency in officiating that’s infuriating.

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What a putrid loss. I don't mind losing games but the way we gave this away was sickening. Four fumbles. One Pick 6. Our OL sucked again. It always does. The OL isn't good enough yet the same players keep playing. Nothing changes. All we see on the sidelines is "Oh, gosh darn!!" when they make a mistake. I want to see a coach, ANY COACH, ripping a few on the sidelines. I don't want to see them getting patted on the head like it's okay when they screw up. There's no passion from the coaching staff at all. There's no accountability. 

True story and with some pride, I ripped a few during the game and on one of them, the dog left the room. 

Edited by Rod Black

Thoughts in no particular order:

- Turnovers from veterans are baffling. You expect mistakes from rookies - but when your backs are against the wall you expect Demski and Brady to hang onto the ball

- This offensive line is comically bad in pass protection. It's one thing to get pressure off the edge, but when it comes up the middle (looking at you Neufeld/Eli), you have no chance in the pass game

- Further to that...when games are as close as they are, as they have been aside from week 1...Pound the effing rock! Buck's play calling has been baffling this year especially in close games

- Special teams kick coverage was outstanding tonight and I thought we were adequate, though not spectacular in our own return game

- Johnson can get his apple and road map tomorrow. It's week 8 and you're getting yelled at with the play clock winding down that you're lined up wrong. Yikes.

- Thought we did a better job generating pressure than we have in a long time. 

- Ad Naseum...Bighill/Alexander...Holy eff. Time to go.

- Kramdi had maybe his best game as a pro

- Pound the rock. These games are close. All of them except week 1. Brady needs 15-20 carries a game and Streveler should have at least 5-8 not including sneaks. You might as well have just kept Prukop at this point

- Further to play calling. Perhaps an alcohol fuelled thought, but towards the end of the third I was thinking I actually miss Lapo as an OC

- Hope going forward? Would we have won tonight with Lawler, Lucky and Bailey in the lineup? I like to think so -Which is certainly in the realm of possibility moving forward 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Thoughts in no particular order:

- Turnovers from veterans are baffling. You expect mistakes from rookies - but when your backs are against the wall you expect Demski and Brady to hang onto the ball

- This offensive line is comically bad in pass protection. It's one thing to get pressure off the edge, but when it comes up the middle (looking at you Neufeld/Eli), you have no chance in the pass game

- Further to that...when games are as close as they are, as they have been aside from week 1...Pound the effing rock! Buck's play calling has been baffling this year especially in close games

- Special teams kick coverage was outstanding tonight and I thought we were adequate, though not spectacular in our own return game

- Johnson can get his apple and road map tomorrow. It's week 8 and you're getting yelled at with the play clock winding down that you're lined up wrong. Yikes.

- Thought we did a better job generating pressure than we have in a long time. 

- Ad Naseum...Bighill/Alexander...Holy eff. Time to go.

- Kramdi had maybe his best game as a pro

- Pound the rock. These games are close. All of them except week 1. Brady needs 15-20 carries a game and Streveler should have at least 5-8 not including sneaks. You might as well have just kept Prukop at this point

- Further to play calling. Perhaps an alcohol fuelled thought, but towards the end of the third I was thinking I actually miss Lapo as an OC

- Hope going forward? Would we have won tonight with Lawler, Lucky and Bailey in the lineup? I like to think so -Which is certainly in the realm of possibility moving forward 

The OL is a killer. We won't win with that group playing the way they are. We can't upgrade it now mid season but we need to make in team personnel changes. We need better roster management.  I'd expect we sign some free agent OL this winter. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

The OL is a killer. We won't win with that group playing the way they are. We can't upgrade it now mid season but we need to make in team personnel changes. We need better roster management.  I'd expect we sign some free agent OL this winter. 

Hosting the Grey Cup, with the profit you project to make - screw SMS. Throw every dollar you have at the OL.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

Hosting the Grey Cup, with the profit you project to make - screw SMS. Throw every dollar you have at the OL.

We'll be fined up to $100,000 & lose some draft picks. Not worth it. Miller has to get involved. Put the heat on Osh to get going. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We'll be fined up to $100,000 & lose some draft picks. Not worth it. Miller has to get involved. Put the heat on Osh to get going. 

Win the Grey Cup at home? Absolutely worth it IMO. Zach is gone after next year. You're starting over regardless. Go out with a bang or at least fall guns a blazing. But I understand the counter-point.

The time to make this right was last December. It’s too late to do much of anything about it now. They’ve buggered 2024 completely. 

They’ll probably get one more offseason to fix things but the offence alone needs a full overhaul, it’s more than just a couple of pieces and tweaks. There’s nothing to build around.
They could very well already be screwed for next year too if we’re being honest.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

OMG- it all makes sense now.

The Mafia have been messing with the roster and making sure to get those extra picks in the draft due to using the most Canadians- to offset the picks they are going to lose in going over the cap in 2025.

It all makes sense now... The Canadian Mafia strikes again.

72nt.gif

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

God damn do I wish we had Dru

Dru wouldnt fair much better behind this oline.

It’s been awhile since we’ve been here, but remember it’s pro sports, other teams are trying to win as well. We’ve had a pretty good run lately. It may be time to retool (not rebuild) this team. This season seems like a bit of a lost cause although in reality it may not be. Still, time to do some tweaking /paring in some areas that in all honesty have been showing the last couple of seasons. This seems like a perfect time to move out some vets and see what we have and be ready to stick it out a bit. I don’t think the Bombers management and coaches are there yet but, we need to recognize that good teams can age quick (Tampa Bay Lightning anyone?) and seemingly overnight forget how to win. We may be here but I want to see our key injuries return for a few games first. I know I’m not saying anything that hasn’t been discussed here for the last few seasons but sometimes we all need to stop and take a breath after seasons like this and hopefully we’ll get a bit of perspective. 

perspective-pass.gif

Edited by IC Khari

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

100% you risk every possible fine. Spend every penny you have to. They have the money... They can afford to do whatever it takes to win. 

Just use player promo money as its separate from the cap as you dont lose draft picks.

And as its been discussed previously there is no limit to how much you can spend (at least until teams decide to abuse it and the league decides to put in restrictions)

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Just use player promo money as its separate from the cap as you dont lose draft picks.

And as its been discussed previously there is no limit to how much you can spend (at least until teams decide to abuse it and the league decides to put in restrictions)

Ooooh... Salary Cap Dark Money. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nd2bz5t6jx4v8twoy2g 

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ehhh he still has iffy hands. His touchdown was uuuugggggllllyyyy. He's got potential for sure but he needs to catch the ball better. Right now he's 2 out of 8 good games.

One game before the mid way point he’s top 5 in the league. He’s been better than just good in 2 games. He’s been schoen esq in 2 games. For a rookie he’s shown tremendous mental toughness determination and improvement. His numbers compare very favourably to rookie Kenny lawler. His catch rate is almost 2/3s which is solid. If he tightens up a bit he will be damn good. I can’t wait to see him take a step forward when the game slows down. 
 He’s pretty much as good a pass catcher as Bailey has ever been as a rookie. Bailey is a beast blocking, a leader, and has a knack for the clutch plays. (In the regular season) 

8 hours ago, WildPath said:

If Strev is healthy enough to be on as a receiver, why does he not get a snap at QB? Even if his sole purpose is the short yardage QB, why not throw on one of them. The first year he was with us, he was effective because he might not run every time. Burned some teams with the fake short yardage run. Now teams know it will be run. Don't get it.

Esp since Zach is not lighting it up

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Ehhh he still has iffy hands. His touchdown was uuuugggggllllyyyy. He's got potential for sure but he needs to catch the ball better. Right now he's 2 out of 8 good games.

If we were playing better as a team, we’d all be loving Wilson. He’s 5th in the league in receiving, it’s just that we’re all hellbent on being grumpy about every single thing on our offense.

Let the rookie be a rookie, let’s be happy we’ve at least brought in one impact player. 

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

If we were playing better as a team, we’d all be loving Wilson. He’s 5th in the league in receiving, it’s just that we’re all hellbent on being grumpy about every single thing on our offense.

Let the rookie be a rookie, let’s be happy we’ve at least brought in one impact player. 

No kidding. The rookie replacing Bailey is a threat to score. We’d all be thrilled with that if Schoen and Lawler weren’t hurt. 

8 hours ago, IC Khari said:

It’s been awhile since we’ve been here, but remember it’s pro sports, other teams are trying to win as well. We’ve had a pretty good run lately. It may be time to retool (not rebuild) this team. This season seems like a bit of a lost cause although in reality it may not be. Still, time to do some tweaking /paring in some areas that in all honesty have been showing the last couple of seasons. This seems like a perfect time to move out some vets and see what we have and be ready to stick it out a bit. I don’t think the Bombers management and coaches are there yet but, we need to recognize that good teams can age quick (Tampa Bay Lightning anyone?) and seemingly overnight forget how to win. We may be here but I want to see our key injuries return for a few games first. I know I’m not saying anything that hasn’t been discussed here for the last few seasons but sometimes we all need to stop and take a breath after seasons like this and hopefully we’ll get a bit of perspective. 

perspective-pass.gif

Agreed.  We’ve had 4 good years and I’ve accepted the fact that this is a down year.  Vets aged quickly and new blood wasn’t brought in to counter it.  Going to some changes no matter what in 2025.  Retool for the GC.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Oh I'd like him better as the 4th receiver but hands are a big deal for a receiver to me and he's shaky catching the ball too often. I'm not ready to run him out of town, but until he doesn't juggle **** like that touchdown I reserve the right to be skeptical about how reliable he is.