GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Castillo has been affected by the malaise the rest of the team is suffering from, and I an not kidding. 

The team should tell him he's going to have to use chipped balls again if he keeps missing kicks. 

The problem is overall reduced talent level.  We could typically handle a few things going against us and somebody would make a play and we'd still win or we'd be up by so much it wouldn't matter.  And we also have guys who are trying to do too much that they're becoming too careless with ball security. Its a typical team that's just barely on the wrong side of being good enough. 

Edited by Colin Unger

I'm at the point now where I'm ready to start the airlift and get rid of the old guys who won't be around next year anyway (Neuf, Biggie, Alexander).

I know it will be bad for our chances of sneaking into the last playoff spot. It will increase our chances of bouncing back next year because we'll know which replacements are worth spending more time on. It will give the new guys half a season to figure out the league, the speed, and what it takes to be successful. It will free up some SMS space too.

Replacing some guys now...actually helps us squeeze in the playoffs if done now...and gives some.games to get experience 

The idea to run with guys like Biggie..Thomas...Kolo...BA...and not actually address some  positions with best possible player we can...instead of this fascination to start as many Canadians as possible which does nothing other than serve Osh's bias and agenda as opposed to best player possible from the get go has been our demise 

I saw a bit of the Osh interview with with the media last night after the game on TSN. He sure doesn't look or sound like a coach at 2-6 under duress to start finding answers to questions. Or to win. He just seems relaxed & ready for the players "to go back to work". I'm thinking that nothing will change. Osh is comfortable. Not worried at all about things, To him & the Bombers mgmt, the ship is not sinking. It's full speed ahead. 

39 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The team should tell him he's going to have to use chipped balls again if he keeps missing kicks. 

The problem is overall reduced talent level.  We could typically handle a few things going against us and somebody would make a play and we'd still win or we'd be up by so much it wouldn't matter.  And we also have guys who are trying to do too much that they're becoming too careless with ball security. Its a typical team that's just barely on the wrong side of being good enough. 

Castillo has been money all season except for the chipped balls first game & he was the only kicker forced to kick with them. Yeah, Castillo had a bad game. All kickers do every once in awhile. making him your scapegoat for this loss is ridiculous. The reason for the loss? The same crew that gets rewarded for playing badly keep playing. Nothing changes. Castillo has been one of the bright spots this season. 

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Castillo has been money all season except for the chipped balls first game & he was the only kicker forced to kick with them. Yeah, Castillo had a bad game. All kickers do every once in awhile. making him your scapegoat for this loss is ridiculous. The reason for the loss? The same crew that gets rewarded for playing badly keep playing. Nothing changes. Castillo has been one of the bright spots this season. 

Castilo is about 59th on the "problems to fix list".

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Castilo is about 59th on the "problems to fix list".

No kidding. So, he missed twice. **** happens. How many blocks did the OL miss while allowing Collaros to get beat up??? Yet, Osh keeps the band together playing the same tunes every game. 

Reality. He missed 2 fgs and we lost by 2. So yeah Castillo has been good but he wasn’t yesterday. Why are these things so hard to admit. Ppl can’t admit kramdi had the game of his life yesterday either. Reality, Castillo cost us the game. Ppl going on oh should have kicked a fg instead of going for it on 3rd and inches. What makes anyone think he makes it when he missed one earlier and missed in OT.  Yesterday we lost cuz our fg kicker missed a fg. Thats reality.  Yeah he’s been good but he wasn’t yesterday. The fumbles and the missed fgs cost us the win. When you lose by 2 and your kicker misses 2 fgs, yeah he played a big role in the loss. 

Edited by Goalie

If you are paying attention you also see O’Shea tell bighill he picked the wrong side for OT so maybe you can blame bighill also there but our fg kicker missed not once but twice so you damn right he cost us the win. Even with the fumbles bombers had the opportunity to win if he makes the fg in regulation time. He didn’t and then missed in OT.  He played a big role in the loss. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Did you even read the entire quote that you replied too? 

All i did was make a joke about how amazing he kicked after being forced to use chipped balls. And after that one joke i talked about how the problem is overall talent and guys trying to do too much and how we aren't able to overcome the type of individual mistakes we used to be able to because of the overall team. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Reality. He missed 2 fgs and we lost by 2. So yeah Castillo has been good but he wasn’t yesterday. Why are these things so hard to admit. Ppl can’t admit kramdi had the game of his life yesterday either. Reality, Castillo cost us the game. Ppl going on oh should have kicked a fg instead of going for it on 3rd and inches. What makes anyone think he makes it when he missed one earlier and missed in OT.  Yesterday we lost cuz our fg kicker missed a fg. Thats reality.  Yeah he’s been good but he wasn’t yesterday. The fumbles and the missed fgs cost us the win. When you lose by 2 and your kicker misses 2 fgs, yeah he played a big role in the loss. 

As Tracker said, kicking isn't the problem. The OL is. The Receiver position is. Quarterbacking is. The Linebacking is. Defensive Line is. Returning KO's & punts are. Playing 10 Canadian starters are. Not fielding the best roster giving us a chance to win is. Coaching decisions on & off the field are. And you pick on Castillo? Get real. It's not hard to admit. It's just hard to accept your logic. 

17 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

OMG- it all makes sense now.

The Mafia have been messing with the roster and making sure to get those extra picks in the draft due to using the most Canadians- to offset the picks they are going to lose in going over the cap in 2025.

It all makes sense now... The Canadian Mafia strikes again.

72nt.gif

Dru wouldnt fair much better behind this oline.

Hes more evasive at least, Id argue he'd be slightly better than Zach in this scenerio

I watched the game again....I know glutton for punishment...... 

Biggie had some bad plays, but some good plays.....I still think he is a good player but no longer the great player he was and not the guy who should play all snaps.....

BA was in the right spot a-lot 

We did have both woods and Adams on at times....

Our DB's dropped a couple.....

Overall sure we can rag on a few of the guys....and some are not what they once were, but our defence played well...

Our punter played pretty good, our coverage was very good...

Case secured the ball well and looked good, our blocking seemed better

Castillo had a tough day....but the last one the snap was bad....

Zach actually didn't play bad...it just seemed like it to me on the first watch...he had no time or pocket almost all game...

Brady played really good....minus the early fumble I feel he should have got the ball more

The receivers were ok, but hard to fully judge as any route that took time never got to develop...

Fumbleites.....yikes....

The pick 6 was not on Zach...

That offensive line OMG....and it wasn't the outside...it was the middle...Nuef, Eli, Kolo, Dobson all got DOMINATED.....

The reffing wasn't as bad as last week , but consistency...especially what constitutes PI.....yikes....

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

You'd think they would've discussed that before the coin toss

More coaching blunders...but it's just repeating same thing and annoys some clowns here...well when the dumb crap keeps happening...but in different forms or circumstances...yup...it bears repeating

47 minutes ago, Booch said:

More coaching blunders...but it's just repeating same thing and annoys some clowns here...well when the dumb crap keeps happening...but in different forms or circumstances...yup...it bears repeating

Nah, it seems to annoy just ONE person in particular. At least he keeps telling you that. You're free to say whatever you want as you're not breaking any rules. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Biggie had some bad plays, but some good plays.....I still think he is a good player but no longer the great player he was and not the guy who should play all snaps.....

you know how I know Bighill is cooked? He got absolutely TRUCKED by Carey of all people. Yeah bighill made a good play on the 3rd down yardage, but he is not a good player at this point.