GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts

6 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I watched the game again....I know glutton for punishment...... 

Biggie had some bad plays, but some good plays.....I still think he is a good player but no longer the great player he was and not the guy who should play all snaps.....

BA was in the right spot a-lot 

We did have both woods and Adams on at times....

Our DB's dropped a couple.....

Overall sure we can rag on a few of the guys....and some are not what they once were, but our defence played well...

Our punter played pretty good, our coverage was very good...

Case secured the ball well and looked good, our blocking seemed better

Castillo had a tough day....but the last one the snap was bad....

Zach actually didn't play bad...it just seemed like it to me on the first watch...he had no time or pocket almost all game...

Brady played really good....minus the early fumble I feel he should have got the ball more

The receivers were ok, but hard to fully judge as any route that took time never got to develop...

Fumbleites.....yikes....

The pick 6 was not on Zach...

That offensive line OMG....and it wasn't the outside...it was the middle...Nuef, Eli, Kolo, Dobson all got DOMINATED.....

The reffing wasn't as bad as last week , but consistency...especially what constitutes PI.....yikes....

Yup that pick six , i honestly can't remember the last time the ball bounced out of 2 receivers hands into the Db...just ******* weird..that was our night in a nutshell right there. Murphys ******* law..

16 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

You know darn well he added all those qualifiers beforehand out of fear of being chastised by the league for simply stating a demonstrable fact. That or he's just a interminable suck-up...although the options aren't mutually exclusive

Edited by Deiter Fan

50 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Imagine being a veteran and watching Johnson out there every day because the coach thinks you need more time.

Imagine being a rookie and watching Biggie or BA flail around, whiff or get run over out there while you have no chance in hell of seeing the field other than on teams.

MOS is loyal to a fault to anyone in the starting rotation. Doesn't matter if you earned your spot or were handed it due to injury (like Johnson), once you are there, you're pretty safe.

57 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Imagine being a rookie and watching Biggie or BA flail around, whiff or get run over out there while you have no chance in hell of seeing the field other than on teams.

MOS is loyal to a fault to anyone in the starting rotation. Doesn't matter if you earned your spot or were handed it due to injury (like Johnson), once you are there, you're pretty safe.

Who was that player from years ago, Osh was basically the rookie coach. Ahh was it Rock Carmichael? Or similar to that. Dude got way more opportunity than he deserved. Kuale also I think. There’s definitely examples and chef dorzon also. The running back. Jackson last year. Plenty of examples 

Edited by Goalie

22 hours ago, Mike said:

I just don’t understand why you’re pretending the only games that matter are the ones where he’s played well, Colin.

I like Wilson too but pump the brakes - he’s definitely had some shitty games

Because he's a true rookie who's shouldn't even have been starting. He should have spent a year on the practice roster if we weren't in a desperate situation due to a bad recruiting class last season. It just seems clear to me that he is a 24 year old rookie who was a bit intimidated early on and eventually he made a couple of plays and now he has more confidence. He's still very raw.  But the fact is that he's by far the best option we have right now in the receiving core. I'm expecting him to make some more typical rookie receiver mistakes though.  They aren't all Schoen's.  Most of the receivers who look polished their first year in the CFL are older, have more pro experience, or have 2 cfl camps under their belt and a year on a practice roster. 

You guys can refute that being a raw rookie and getting their feet wet matters.  I just can't see how there's any confusion on why I'm giving him a bit of a pass on the earlier games. 

14 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I watched the game again....I know glutton for punishment...... 

Biggie had some bad plays, but some good plays.....I still think he is a good player but no longer the great player he was and not the guy who should play all snaps.....

BA was in the right spot a-lot 

We did have both woods and Adams on at times....

Our DB's dropped a couple.....

Overall sure we can rag on a few of the guys....and some are not what they once were, but our defence played well...

Our punter played pretty good, our coverage was very good...

Case secured the ball well and looked good, our blocking seemed better

Castillo had a tough day....but the last one the snap was bad....

Zach actually didn't play bad...it just seemed like it to me on the first watch...he had no time or pocket almost all game...

Brady played really good....minus the early fumble I feel he should have got the ball more

The receivers were ok, but hard to fully judge as any route that took time never got to develop...

Fumbleites.....yikes....

The pick 6 was not on Zach...

That offensive line OMG....and it wasn't the outside...it was the middle...Nuef, Eli, Kolo, Dobson all got DOMINATED.....

The reffing wasn't as bad as last week , but consistency...especially what constitutes PI.....yikes....

Haven't had a chance to re-watch the game and may not get to, how did you think Garbutt looked?  In first watch he didn't make much of an impression.  The Elks have some raw young DE's Kyle should keep an eye on for a trade.  Would love to see some mid-season trades just to shake things up and put everyone on notice, change is coming to a football team near you.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Haven't had a chance to re-watch the game and may not get to, how did you think Garbutt looked?  In first watch he didn't make much of an impression.  The Elks have some raw young DE's Kyle should keep an eye on for a trade.  Would love to see some mid-season trades just to shake things up and put everyone on notice, change is coming to a football team near you.

As long as you don’t live in Winnipeg.

In the Free Press today, there was an open criticism of the talent and/or effort on the part of the players, but regrettably, no direct aim at O'Shea. We here are not football pros but the problems with the team are so obvious and long-standing that it is not hard to see where they stem from. It does not take a chicken to tell if an egg is rotten.

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

In the Free Press today, there was an open criticism of the talent and/or effort on the part of the players, but regrettably, no direct aim at O'Shea. We here are not football pros but the problems with the team are so obvious and long-standing that it is not hard to see where they stem from. It does not take a chicken to tell if an egg is rotten.

may have to listen to the Coaches show on CJOB tonight.  First time I'll be tuning in in around 10 years.  I gave up listening as the shows were so boring and O'Shea just never answered anything with more than a few grunts so no insights gleaned, like you'd get with Lapo, and of course, the insane Mike Kelly.  

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

may have to listen to the Coaches show on CJOB tonight.  First time I'll be tuning in in around 10 years.  I gave up listening as the shows were so boring and O'Shea just never answered anything with more than a few grunts so no insights gleaned, like you'd get with Lapo, and of course, the insane Mike Kelly.  

It’s not worth listening to. Trust me, do something else. You learn nothing from listening to the 25 minutes of talk and 25 of commercial and 10 of honestly the Facebook portion of fans questions. 

Jody is on the line coach. Hey Jody what’s up. Not much coach. I was wondering about the shorts you wear. 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It’s not worth listening to. Trust me, do something else. You learn nothing from listening to the 25 minutes of talk and 25 of commercial and 10 of honestly the Facebook portion of fans questions. 

Jody is on the line coach. Hey Jody what’s up. Not much coach. I was wondering about the shorts you wear. 

ok fair enough but I just think I should tune in for old times' sake.  I know if Bob Irving was still around he'd be asking the tough questions and demanding some answers.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

ok fair enough but I just think I should tune in for old times' sake.  I know if Bob Irving was still around he'd be asking the tough questions and demanding some answers.

I think @DTonOB tries but Osh gonna Osh. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Hamilton also said it was not PI in his article in the Free Press. Guy is a tool and a third rate reporter. Was he not the guy who spearheaded the don't vote for Harris in 2019 campaign?

Did he really?  The guy is a puttz, but I can’t see how anyone, outside of the morons in the command center, could say there wasn’t PI there.  It was blatant.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

People can list to the podcasts. They come out shortly after the live show and average 38 minutes in length.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

10 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Did he really?  The guy is a puttz, but I can’t see how anyone, outside of the morons in the command center, could say there wasn’t PI there.  It was blatant.

I not normally one to use reffing as an excuse for a loss...and bemoan it too much as a lot of times it's equally as crappy both ways, and more times than not don't really effect the outcome of the game...but that one was blatant and had a huge effect on the outcome, and the PI we challenged and then got a call stands decision as well was pathetic....it's shameful on the league