GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bennet 's tweet displays a fair level of ignorance. He admits there is early contact. Early contact = PI. aS @BomberBall. states, the DB is running through the receiver, also not allowed.

For all the complaints on Farhan, at least he has experience with football. Is he not a high school coach in BC? Bet that's more experience than Bennet.

He also goes on to say that this is hand fighting and that it’s a slippery slope to make those calls.

Not only did the DB run through the receiver but he’s restricting him from making a play on the ball.

Not hand fighting.  It’s a bad take (and it should have been PI).  Don’t apologize for shitty officiating - demand more of them and the league.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I not normally one to use reffing as an excuse for a loss...and bemoan it too much as a lot of times it's equally as crappy both ways, and more times than not don't really effect the outcome of the game...but that one was blatant and had a huge effect on the outcome, and the PI we challenged and then got a call stands decision as well was pathetic....it's shameful on the league

Demski was wearing the DB like a backpack before the ball got there. I would dearly love to hear an explanation of how it was not PI.

56 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

He also goes on to say that this is hand fighting and that it’s a slippery slope to make those calls.

Not only did the DB run through the receiver but he’s restricting him from making a play on the ball.

Not hand fighting.  It’s a bad take (and it should have been PI).  Don’t apologize for shitty officiating - demand more of them and the league.

Pulling a receivers arm from behind == hand fighting. LOL.

Also, this from Jeff Hamilton is just plain wrong:  Amos is touching the arm but there’s no jerking or ripping motion that would prevent Demski from catching it and he’s saved by the fact he gets first contact on the ball.

3 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

So Bennet is saying you can run through a receiver to get to the ball?  Okay.

Basically just tackle the other guy, then if you still make the catch it's incidental contact and all is good. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

I not normally one to use reffing as an excuse for a loss...and bemoan it too much as a lot of times it's equally as crappy both ways, and more times than not don't really effect the outcome of the game...but that one was blatant and had a huge effect on the outcome, and the PI we challenged and then got a call stands decision as well was pathetic....it's shameful on the league

Even the NFL and NHL refs get it wrong every now and then but nowhere as consistently as we have seen in the CFL this year. 

22 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

O'Shea also pointing to something I hadn't thought of on the PI...that Amos's leg is turning Demski's lower body. 

liked your passion on the Coaches show about the Argos getting a time-out after the 3 minute warning after losing the challenge, I hadn't thought of that one.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

Transactions:

Whitehead moved to the active roster.

McGhee and Bridges back to the practice roster.

Closed practice evaluation appears to have been a success!!

Hopefully Lucky is a lot happier the next time someone sees him in the South Pembina McDonalds.

59 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

liked your passion on the Coaches show about the Argos getting a time-out after the 3 minute warning after losing the challenge, I hadn't thought of that one.

That was absolutely ******* incredible.  Because the ref called "Timeout Toronto," reset both clocks and then the clock ran anyways.

So did they actually get the timeout?  Or just ******* around with the flow of our offense.

That ref crew needs to take a seat.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That was absolutely ******* incredible.  Because the ref called "Timeout Toronto," reset both clocks and then the clock ran anyways.

So did they actually get the timeout?  Or just ******* around with the flow of our offense.

It turned out as a little of both. A trainer runs on and gives players some water, and there's a ******* with the flow of the Bombers O.
But at a point the officials caught their mistake, and they do start to run the clock with the 20-second clock. (Collaros had to point out that the clock and play clock weren't running together and the officials fixed it.

13 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Transactions:

Whitehead moved to the active roster.

McGhee and Bridges back to the practice roster.

That might indicate they won't be pursuing Bailey any further, they could have cut Lucky quickly before he got further invested in the team, too bad as Rasheed would be a much better fit.

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

That might indicate they won't be pursuing Bailey any further, they could have cut Lucky quickly before he got further invested in the team, too bad as Rasheed would be a much better fit.

That also might just mean Bailey wouldn't be here in time for this week's game.  Demski still talks to him quite a bit (and wants him back here) said Sheed still wants to play but needed a couple days to clear his head.

30 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

If Woli is out for a while and we can sign Bailey, I’d go with Lawler, Wilson, Demski, Whitehead, Bailey as the starters with Clercius as the back up and to rotate in on certain sets to use his size. Don’t need to start 2 Cdn receivers with the other Cdn starters. 

I don't expect Woli to be out long as they haven't even removed his name from the roster, but you never know.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Time for Clercius to step up....carve a spot and show he belongs....and get more reps....this is a good thing

I would use this Neuf 6 game too and audition Wallace..Eli and Dobson in varying deployments too and see who should be playing

It depends if Zack can get him the ball.

12 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Considering some of the player choices we've seen both  this year and last, I am not all surprised. What was that definition of insanity again?

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Time for Clercius to step up....carve a spot and show he belongs....and get more reps....this is a good thing

I would use this Neuf 6 game too and audition Wallace..Eli and Dobson in varying deployments too and see who should be playing

There has been talk that Paddy has been playing hurt for several games and last game was just too much so he was pulled.