GDT - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts

8 minutes ago, johnzo said:

We've started nine or ten different receivers this year and we have some matadors at OL ... and somehow our QB is struggling?  What is up with that?

He was struggling I mean it’s not even a question. He was making really bad decisions forcing shots into double and triple cover. He was throwing wobbly inaccurate passes leaving guys diving and reaching back trying to make catches. This isn’t new either, it goes back to last year. He threw pick 6s in 3 straight games last year. 
 The inexperience at wr has been an issue, but it hasn’t been the only or biggest issue. Dalton played 3 games this year. 

ol play has been the biggest issue in the O This year. Then play call. Then qb play and wrs play have been equal. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

IMO it's not even the Matt Nichols game though. If Nichols threw for over 230 you were laughing.

Correct ,  Nichols also had no ability to throw a ball 10 yards down the field or look off to a 2nd option.  Zach played well last night.   

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Correct ,  Nichols also had no ability to throw a ball 10 yards down the field or look off to a 2nd option.  Zach played well last night.   

That may well have been the best execution of a game manager role he’s ever had. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

To be fair that is exactly what the knock that has been on guys like mbt, Nichols, trevor Harris and more. Driving the field and not producing tds in the red zone is a major issue. Yards don’t win games tds do. Our offensive out put being based around kicking 6 fgs a game isn’t sustainable. 

zach has played by far his best football the last two games. He did throw some stretch the field balls and throw them well. His passes were much cleaner and you could see it in the ease of catches WRs made. 
 I don’t put the remaining issues with our offence on zach at all though. I put it squarely on buck. He hasn’t been consistently running the ball out side of the end of the game. His use of strevy has been poor. The red zone play calls are awful, our hot read / play design hasn’t been to throw to the end zone at all.  
 The behind the line screen is a valuable play, but it’s not sustainable. It’s a good way to get wrs hurt too. It’s gotta be a feature of the offence not the bread and butter. Buck has always struggled with balancing btl/screens. 
 The old jet motion play action roll out screen is soo well prepared for the targets lose yards and get killed most every time. 

With the improved line play, especially if we get rid of kola, zach is reasonable to play this year. Dru would’ve still been the smart move to keep, but especially with the qbing in the league zach is a guy you can win with this year. Took a long time for him to get healthy and ready but he’s there now. 

and factor in how many of those field goals have been from the 45 and out?....which also leads to the fact that sure stats are nice, but a lot of drives stall well before the red zone....and we gonna get right burned with the long bomb FG attempts sooner than later if we keep relying on them

59 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was struggling I mean it’s not even a question. He was making really bad decisions forcing shots into double and triple cover. He was throwing wobbly inaccurate passes leaving guys diving and reaching back trying to make catches. This isn’t new either, it goes back to last year. He threw pick 6s in 3 straight games last year. 
 The inexperience at wr has been an issue, but it hasn’t been the only or biggest issue. Dalton played 3 games this year. 

ol play has been the biggest issue in the O This year. Then play call. Then qb play and wrs play have been equal. 

I think maybe it more a case where possibly they said to ZC...play within your limits now...take whats there...as he seems a bit more locked in to gaining yards where they can get them....even some of his longer passes aren't leading the recievers into space...they need to wait on them or come back. Wilson's one catch where he did the lil spins...ZC hits him in stride...or leads him more toward sidelines he may have busted that one.

BO is playing behind same line too...and is doing fine...leading the league....he's also younger....in his prime and elite...ZC as it happens to everyone is not young...not in his prime anymore....and I wouldnt say elite...capable...yup....our best option....yes....if he plays as he has last few games and doesn't try to score 10 points on every pass...I hope that when Lawler is back he doesn't fall back into those habits.....this is where coaching needs to come into play and reign that in and develop a better plan

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I think maybe it more a case where possibly they said to ZC...play within your limits now...take whats there...as he seems a bit more locked in to gaining yards where they can get them....even some of his longer passes aren't leading the recievers into space...they need to wait on them or come back. Wilson's one catch where he did the lil spins...ZC hits him in stride...or leads him more toward sidelines he may have busted that one.

BO is playing behind same line too...and is doing fine...leading the league....he's also younger....in his prime and elite...ZC as it happens to everyone is not young...not in his prime anymore....and I wouldnt say elite...capable...yup....our best option....yes....if he plays as he has last few games and doesn't try to score 10 points on every pass...I hope that when Lawler is back he doesn't fall back into those habits.....this is where coaching needs to come into play and rein that in and develop a better plan

Could be, and that’d make sense. Just need buck to smarten up now. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

and we gonna get right burned with the long bomb FG attempts sooner than later if we keep relying on them

I think it's a calculated risk. We are racking up a good amount of points instead of punts.  If one td Squeezes through for every 15 points... that is a good net gain.

10 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I think it's a calculated risk. We are racking up a good amount of points instead of punts.  If one td Squeezes through for every 15 points... that is a good net gain.

true...true....Tho that one time prob gonna be a back breaker and in the wrong game....lol

44 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

If BC has scored a TD on a missed fg last night, the difference would be +1.