GDT- Bombers vs BC

For the last couple years we have played BC at home in June and I have missed the game while travelling on business. We will be at the game tonight and I am "feeling" a better outcome.

Not happy with the roster we are putting out there, will be angry about how O'Sh uses some guys but still hopeful for a positive outcome.

GO BLUE!!!!

Ready for our usual game day experience of Stella's breakfast followed by many breweries across the city before heading to the tailgate area tonight. I maintain the reason for our bad luck this year has been a lack of Onkel Goerg's on the Stone Angel patio before each game ... But here's hoping for a better outcome tonight anyhow. It's going to be a great night for football!

Hope to see a good game tonight (I live in calgary but will be in front of my TV with my diet coke from start to finish). I really miss attending the games. When we lived in Winnipeg I loved hearing the ol chat "BC Sucks!" - I still remember to this day when the Lions came to the old stadium with Roy Dewalt as their QB and the bombers defence introduced the 3-4 for the first time. 4 linebackers (James West, maybe Gregg Battle and I can not remember the other two) and they absolutley destroyed Dewalt and the BC offense. The Lions were the heavy favorite that day. I assume they are the heavy favorites tonight also. But that is why you play the game.

10 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Hope to see a good game tonight (I live in calgary but will be in front of my TV with my diet coke from start to finish). I really miss attending the games. When we lived in Winnipeg I loved hearing the ol chat "BC Sucks!" - I still remember to this day when the Lions came to the old stadium with Roy Dewalt as their QB and the bombers defence introduced the 3-4 for the first time. 4 linebackers (James West, maybe Gregg Battle and I can not remember the other two) and they absolutley destroyed Dewalt and the BC offense. The Lions were the heavy favorite that day. I assume they are the heavy favorites tonight also. But that is why you play the game.

I believe when we ran that then originally was Aaron Brown....Delbert Fowler and Battle with West...we also had it earlier with our Coach Darryl Patterson too....

Edited by Booch

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

I believe when we ran that then originally was Aaron Brown....Delbert Fowler and Battle with West...we also had it earlier with our Coach Darryl Patterson too....

Aaron Brown, West, Ty Jones and Delbert Fowler. 
I believe Battle came along later in 1987 or 88. 

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah we ran it from mid 80's into the 90's

Didn't Delbert Fowler have a funny nick name?? I do remember him sort of tall for a LB from what I can remember. Man I would love to see a LB core like we had back then.

Just now, Noeller said:

You know it's a tough season when the GDT "devolves" into 80s LB corps...

Heck I can go back even farther. I came up here in 1971 thinking I could make the Bomber team. Only thing I ended up with is my wife of 53 years - so I guess I won???