GDT- Bombers vs BC

2 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Isn’t lawler expected back next game? I’m still in favour of Bailey brought back and starting 4 Americans at receiver while Woli is out and then designating an American vet and the naturalized Canadian for the 8 ratio spot 

Lawler hasn’t practiced and has missed like a month and a half of games. I don’t expect him to be ready to go the same week he starts practicing. Even with the bye week I think he’s at best two weeks away. 

2 hours ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Thot he made a contribution on those quick outlet passes, got good first down yardage on a number of those

He has upside, I’d let him sit on the pr and bring him into camp next year. Or at the rate our wrs get hurt go back in in a couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

That was huge. It was the thing that flipped field position a bit because lord knows our punter is never going to kick us out of a hole. 

Ford has been one of the best corners in the league since the first two weeks. And he’s maybe the most explosive in the league. He’s just deadly with that cod and closing burst. If he doesn’t go back to the nfl next year, hes gonna be real special. 
 Tre ford had all the hype coming out, but Tyrell has been drastically better. 
If we can keep bonds, ford, and nichols together and healthy next year this D is gonna be deadly. Especially with some of the young guys on the dl who are developing. 

With philpot, mcinnis, Brady and Ford the league has an unprecedented opportunity in the modern era to feature Canadian star players at the most dynamic positions. Imagine if 3 different Canadian players won mop modp and moc? 

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Id be tapping the breaks on Bailey after the performance of Lucky. Where do we play Bailey when everyone is healthy?

-------------------------------

We're now in the positive on points for and against for the season.

Why would you worry about something like that now??? When we're 3-6 & only generated one TD this game.  Woli's gone for 6 games. Schoen's not coming back this season so it wouldn't even be an issue. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That was sick. Amazing performance from the Defence, the secondary in particular. Hatcher smatcher. 

That was 2021/22 defense worthy. This guy showed up at practice this past week. 

Occupational Health – reclaiming holistic medicine

Sorry to see this. The Lions will not be the same team if he’s out for any length of time. That being said, with losing as many players as we have for as long as we have, no one has felt sorry for us. How you deal with injury is factored into football teams because unfortunately it is part of the game. The Lions really want to be in the Grey Cup at home this year. Up until last night I would have said there was a 95% chance of that. Without Adam’s that will drop significantly, especially if we can keep playing like we did in this game and can get back in the mix …

Edited by IC Khari

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Lawler hasn’t practiced and has missed like a month and a half of games. I don’t expect him to be ready to go the same week he starts practicing. Even with the bye week I think he’s at best two weeks away. 

If anyone can do it Lawler can.

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Interesting...but not surprising on ZC comment on Lucky TD how it was 100 percent due to a vet receiver doing a specific thing to make that score...and also something they hadn't even ran thru in practice...he just knew...that's what we needed on offence...and something the QB can rely on

I would also like Bailey in too for those exact same things...and what he also brings in run game...sweeps...screens...let Johnson learn and marinate a yr..

I agree. Having 2-3 rookie receivers is not great for any offence and especially for a guy like ZC who improvises so much. Getting a guy like Lucky and maybe adding a Sheed who both know where to go and what to do when a play breaks down would help a lot.

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The coverage by the secondary very much reminded me of the 2019 west semi.

It was a master class by the entire defence, but yea...the secondary was lights out.

I don't think Bailey is coming back. Especially when you realize our starting receivers will be Lawler-Wilson-Whitehead-Demski-Woli with Clercius as the 6th, as soon as Lawler is healthy. I wouldn't take out any of them for Bailey. I understand the value of depth but I can't see him signing onto the practice roster - I think he is going to get a shot elsewhere, maybe Ottawa.

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I don't think Bailey is coming back. Especially when you realize our starting receivers will be Lawler-Wilson-Whitehead-Demski-Woli with Clercius as the 6th, as soon as Lawler is healthy. I wouldn't take out any of them for Bailey. I understand the value of depth but I can't see him signing onto the practice roster - I think he is going to get a shot elsewhere, maybe Ottawa.

Depends how serious Woli’s injury is. He’s on the 6 game but not sure how set in stone that is

I didn't expect a W but had a sort of positive vibe because I wore my Collaros jersey while watching the game.😊

A few observations:

For the first time all season the Bombers started only eight (min. number) Canadians (usually it has been 10 or 11) so it allowed them to put the American, Randolph, at right guard. He played very well and with his play allowed Lofton at RT and Kolankowski at C to play or, at least, look better. Now if they would swap Kolankowski out for Eli, the O-line would be really formidable. It's a start. Neufeld the usual RG is on the 6-game IR and I would be surprised to see him starting again this season. Collaros had more time. By the way, I noticed that Randolph looks a lot more svelte than the guy he replaced.

It looked like BC's O planned for a different look from the Bomber D. Younger seems to have faked them out with more of a three-man front with more dropping back into pass coverage. The three-man front meant less reps for Thomas (that's a good thing, IMO). It turned out that Vermin Adams Jr and the BC offensive brain trust were faked out and couldn't adjust.

As a punter, Sheahan has nice hair and holds the ball well for Castillo. He should be replaced. (Can Castillo handle all of the kicking duties?)

I was more than pleasantly surprised by the Bombers play. Playoffs are still down the road but if they can keep up this type of play, they should sneak in and since this is the CFL, anything can happen.

2001 Grey Cup: Stamps (8-10) 27 - Bombers (14-4) 19.

Go Blue Go!

36 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I didn't expect a W but had a sort of positive vibe because I wore my Collaros jersey while watching the game.😊

A few observations:

For the first time all season the Bombers started only eight (min. number) Canadians (usually it has been 10 or 11) so it allowed them to put the American, Randolph, at right guard. He played very well and with his play allowed Lofton at RT and Kolankowski at C to play or, at least, look better. Now if they would swap Kolankowski out for Eli, the O-line would be really formidable. It's a start. Neufeld the usual RG is on the 6-game IR and I would be surprised to see him starting again this season. Collaros had more time. By the way, I noticed that Randolph looks a lot more svelte than the guy he replaced.

It looked like BC's O planned for a different look from the Bomber D. Younger seems to have faked them out with more of a three-man front with more dropping back into pass coverage. The three-man front meant less reps for Thomas (that's a good thing, IMO). It turned out that Vermin Adams Jr and the BC offensive brain trust were faked out and couldn't adjust.

As a punter, Sheahan has nice hair and holds the ball well for Castillo. He should be replaced. (Can Castillo handle all of the kicking duties?)

I was more than pleasantly surprised by the Bombers play. Playoffs are still down the road but if they can keep up this type of play, they should sneak in and since this is the CFL, anything can happen.

Go Blue Go!

I think he kind of looks like Guy McIntyre

31 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Prediction: VAJ comes back "early" from his injury, shows no signs of it while running, but makes sure to walk with an obvious limp between plays, so we can all observe the heroism of the heroic stuff the hero is doing.

Sorry, I find the guy annoying.

I can’t say he isn’t injured but it wouldn’t be a surprise at all should he decide to embellish his right knee. It would be BS if he starts dragging his left knee/leg. 

37 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Prediction: VAJ comes back "early" from his injury, shows no signs of it while running, but makes sure to walk with an obvious limp between plays, so we can all observe the heroism of the heroic stuff the hero is doing.

Sorry, I find the guy annoying.

His body language whenever he loses to the Bombers is embarrassing. He’s suppose to be their leader. He always looks like he’s on the verge of tears. No wonder B.C. falls short in almost every big game. 

1 hour ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

A few observations:

Go Blue Go!

your read my mind....and Yeah castillo can do all 3.....I'd park Sheehan for a game and see how that goes...allows us to put another global on for rotation and teams...Sheehan is just not good enough...or consistent...2 yrs running now

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

your read my mind....and Yeah castillo can do all 3.....I'd park Sheehan for a game and see how that goes...allows us to put another global on for rotation and teams...Sheehan is just not good enough...or consistent...2 yrs running now

Yeah Sheehan hasn’t been good. He’s been getting a little bit of a pass because of how good our coverage teams have been playing and how many other positions had under preforming players but I didn’t think he was good enough last year and certainly hasn’t been the case this year.