GDT- Bombers vs BC

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Campbell says a matter of weeks for VAJ....Not months or a season ender. And Farhan apparently thinks the Lions would be prudent to try and trade for Masoli.....

he said that right after the game just after he said they needed to get it checked out. I'd put 0 stock in what Campbell says at this point. Personally I believe Vaj was doing Vaj things and playing it up because he was awful.... but you never know until they check it all out. 

45 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It was. Part of that is bc just not running the ball, but the biggest is how we deployed him. I can count on one hand how many times he blitzed with fingers to spare. He spied vaj a lot and even his sack came on a shallow spy. Even though it was a half sack at best where he failed to wrap and Adams finished the play. 

Biggie's usage was exactly right. He wasn't tasked to do anything with speed but his football sense was utilized instead being the spy. He was filling every escape gap that Adams had throughout the night and it gave him fits.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

he said that right after the game just after he said they needed to get it checked out. I'd put 0 stock in what Campbell says at this point. Personally I believe Vaj was doing Vaj things and playing it up because he was awful.... but you never know until they check it all out. 

Adams, like Collaros earlier this year, is in his own head. Sitting him a game or two would be the best thing. It's what we kind of did with ZC and his "thorax" injury. Regroup, and reset mentally.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Biggie's usage was exactly right. He wasn't tasked to do anything with speed but his football sense was utilized instead being the spy. He was filling every escape gap that Adams had throughout the night and it gave him fits.

Adams, like Collaros earlier this year, is in his own head. Sitting him a game or two would be the best thing. It's what we kind of did with ZC and his "thorax" injury. Regroup, and reset mentally.

Yep that also extends to ba as well. We ran a lot of 2 deep S looks, and basically didn’t have to make tackles up the middle all day. Ba wasn’t just running down hill trying to hit guys, and also didn’t have to play a deep middle. We were able to run a lot of quarter and 3 deep with him off to either side. 
 Jy has made some great adjustments to our D and gotten the most out of our dbs. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

If you can't tell the difference between Halls blitz schemes he was using against montreal in the cup last year and what they ran last night I don't know what to tell you...

what can they do?

It’s just that I felt like we did a pretty dang good job in one on one coverage situations.  Much better than we did in the grey cup.

Clearly the defensive coaching has improved as well. But we had lack of depth and injuries in that game as well. The actual coverage was poor. 

5 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

It’s just that I felt like we did a pretty dang good job in one on one coverage situations.  Much better than we did in the grey cup.

Ritchie Hall doesn't hide anything, he just sends pressure giving a qb an easy read and throw which the hope is will be short and held short. 

Last night was a lot more not just blindly rushing extra people but making Vaj hold onto the ball past his first read and eventually the pressure will get there. Complete opposite strategies and if they had done the same to faj in the grey cup likely would have made him look as impotent as they did during the regular season when they did just that. 

Is this true. Wilson is now 3rd in total receiving yards. 

id still sign Bailey and move Johnson to the PR. 

lawler Bailey Wilson whitehead Demski with Clercius and Case. 

really no difference between case and smith. Case gets in cuz he’s a backup receiver. Smith ain’t gonna get reps being a backup RB.  Despite the narrative dressing a guy who can return and do something else is better 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Is this true. Wilson is now 3rd in total receiving yards. 

id still sign Bailey and move Johnson to the PR. 

lawler Bailey Wilson whitehead Demski with Clercius and Case. 

really no difference between case and smith. Case gets in cuz he’s a backup receiver. Smith ain’t gonna get reps being a backup RB.  Despite the narrative dressing a guy who can return and do something else is better 

ho's Case gonna bogart reps from tho?...If we gonna dress another guy for that "possible" reps as a receiver may as well roster a big bodied guy...guy who can challenge and win 50/50 balls as ZC isnt a precision passer

Wilson is 5th in yards but has 2 games on a lot of guys...none the less...solid find

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Campbell says a matter of weeks for VAJ....Not months or a season ender. And Farhan apparently thinks the Lions would be prudent to try and trade for Masoli.....

Masoli is not a saviour,   they'd be better of trading for MBT.  

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So which folks on here wanted us to scoop up BC's OC?   Pierce called a much better game. 

He called a better game than an OC that had 36 plays or something....it was still not a great game by Buck. I'm really hoping theyre just saving Brady for the last bit of the season because IMO he's still not getting enough touches.

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Masoli is not a saviour,   they'd be better of trading for MBT.  

Farhan figured MBT would be too expensive (in terms of a trade) and Masoli wouldn't cost them as much... But honestly I don't think either of them is going to help. 

56 minutes ago, Booch said:

ho's Case gonna bogart reps from tho?...If we gonna dress another guy for that "possible" reps as a receiver may as well roster a big bodied guy...guy who can challenge and win 50/50 balls as ZC isnt a precision passer

Wilson is 5th in yards but has 2 games on a lot of guys...none the less...solid find

What exactly did smith do that’s any different than what case has done. Case is a consistent returner. 

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What exactly did smith do that’s any different than what case has done. Case is a consistent returner. 

They done exactly the same more or less...Smith looks to have more explosive ability tho...not like our returning was hurting us once we got Mitchel out of there...so change for the sake of just that...change ...makes no sense as we had a more rounded roster 

Why doesn't osh make change where production is lacking and in some instances bad...Kolo..Thomas...Johnson...Punter...there is the bigger question and change that would have made us net better

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

They done exactly the same more or less...Smith looks to have more explosive ability tho...not like our returning was hurting us once we got Mitchel out of there...so change for the sake of just that...change ...makes no sense as we had a more rounded roster 

Why doesn't osh make change where production is lacking and in some instances bad...Kolo..Thomas...Johnson...Punter...there is the bigger question and change that would have made us net better

He doesn’t make the changes you want to piss you off. It’s working 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Last night was a lot more not just blindly rushing extra people but making Vaj hold onto the ball

Man I still dont get why BC completely ignored their run game last night.  Seems like a few draw plays might've gashed our 3-man front bad.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

He called a better game than an OC that had 36 plays or something....it was still not a great game by Buck. I'm really hoping theyre just saving Brady for the last bit of the season because IMO he's still not getting enough touches.

I will disagree with that,   Brady had a good amount of touches through out the game and the quick passes were working all night.      Had  Strev not screwed up the short yard plunge and if Zach would of completed a few red zone passes things would of looked even more one sided.