GDT- Bombers vs BC

Is there an explanation why BC didn't attempt that 48 yard field goal and went for a fake instead? I'm not convinced just gambling with Vaj out of the shutgun wouldn't have had a similar odds to success then trying something like that against a Mike O'Shea coached team.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Campbell says a matter of weeks for VAJ....Not months or a season ender. And Farhan apparently thinks the Lions would be prudent to try and trade for Masoli.....

Expect Farjan to pump the tires for Masoli then. 

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Ford is turning into a quality CB is he not? Need to lock him up asap. Ironically, him at $139,000 instead of Kramdi I'd be good with.

He’s becoming a star I’m thinking he might cost us more than $139,000 but there seems to be some dead weight we can cut. He’s an absolute priority to re sign 

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Ford is turning into a quality CB is he not? Need to lock him up asap. Ironically, him at $139,000 instead of Kramdi I'd be good with.

Imagine if we did not let go of Patrice Rene. We should have Ford on CB and Rene at SAM. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

14 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Imagine if we did not let go of Patrice Rene. We should have Ford on CB and Rene at SAM. 

Why would you want the guy getting torched week after week on bum knees over the guy who is probably a West all-star and potential CFL if not for a couple guys in Ottawa and Montreal?

If Kramdi is so bad why aren't teams taking advantage?  It's not like we have a pass rush that would slow them down if he's such a liability.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Is this true. Wilson is now 3rd in total receiving yards. 

It's true but us and BC are the only teams that have played this week.

32 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Is there an explanation why BC didn't attempt that 48 yard field goal and went for a fake instead? I'm not convinced just gambling with Vaj out of the shutgun wouldn't have had a similar odds to success then trying something like that against a Mike O'Shea coached team.

Because they needed to score touchdowns to try to win the game?

They got exactly what they wanted.  Cadwallader just made a hell of a play.  Would you take Lawler on a jump ball vs a 5'11 225 special teamer?  If we could get that instead of a 48 yard FG shot I'd take it 10 times out of 10.

52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He doesn’t make the changes you want to piss you off. It’s working 

doesnt piss me off moreso than make me laugh...shake my head and validate he isn't this supreme leader who can't do no wrong like many adhere to here

It's changes that would make us better...and if you cant see that...well then thats your opinion, but that would make you an outlier here...tho you are quik to toss out guys are "cooked"....with no real insight as to why you would think that other than your displeasure with them...

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Why would you want the guy getting torched week after week on bum knees over the guy who is probably a West all-star and potential CFL if not for a couple guys in Ottawa and Montreal?

If Kramdi is so bad why aren't teams taking advantage?  It's not like we have a pass rush that would slow them down if he's such a liability.

It's true but us and BC are the only teams that have played this week.

Because they needed to score touchdowns to try to win the game?

They got exactly what they wanted.  Cadwallader just made a hell of a play.  Would you take Lawler on a jump ball vs a 5'11 225 special teamer?  If we could get that instead of a 48 yard FG shot I'd take it 10 times out of 10.

who's the West All-star....Ford?...I can see that?....and teams do attack Kramdi....1 stellar game does not an all-star make...if that becomes the norm then I can get on board with that....Rene has played really good this yr...and not sure why we gave up on him when we have kept other injury prone dead weight...

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That would be great for us.  Masoli is in terrible shape.  Dolegala has a better shot of winning a CFL game in 2024.

yes please...sign Masoli.....If anyone is toast...its him...Plus he is carrying a lot of weight for the position he plays and the injuries he trying to come back from

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm really hoping theyre just saving Brady for the last bit of the season because IMO he's still not getting enough touches.

140 touches in 8 games.  17.5 a game.  He's getting more touches so far this year than he got last year (16.7) or 2022 (12.5)

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Between passing and rushing he is getting quite a few touches.

Yeah if anything they should be working Augustine in.  Relying a lot on those swing passes and releases.  He's really developed that part of his game almost like Harris.

He's got the 3rd most receptions on the team and he basically wasn't fully available until Game 4.

I feel VAJ is the type of guy who would be hurt all week then miraculously play but limp after every bad throw or interception he throws. But if he made a pass, no limp.  I think he’s kinda built himself a bit of a reputation and honestly I’m not convinced he’s as hurt as they are even saying. Dude got carted off for a bruised knee? 

33 minutes ago, Goalie said:

For the record my mom is currently in a wheelchair so ppl who are offended by it. Why. It’s not an insult. It’s reality 

It was a similar situation with my brother. I guess you and I differ on the phrase being used lightly. 

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

It was a similar situation with my brother. I guess you and I differ on the phrase being used lightly. 

I don’t see it as insulting at all. I have friends and family  in wheelchairs permanently. They are the best people. Better than able bodied ones. Nothing but respect. One of my cousins had Cerebral Palsy, trust me when I say, I’m not some evil prick. I understand the plight. I get it. Nothing but love and respect to everyone who requires a wheelchair. 

I don’t see it as insulting. I’m not even convinced ppl in wheelchairs think it’s insulting, not the ones I know.  I mean do people watch kill Tony at all? 

but whatever. Doesn’t matter. 

go blue. 

Edited by Goalie

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Between passing and rushing he is getting quite a few touches.

The wear and tear is far worse on screen passes than runs imo. Instead of dieseling behind a pile it’s two guys with a head of speed going at each other.  

9 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah if anything they should be working Augustine in.  Relying a lot on those swing passes and releases.  He's really developed that part of his game almost like Harris.

He's got the 3rd most receptions on the team and he basically wasn't fully available until Game 4.

they’ve been mixing in a 2 back set sparingly this year, but they never use the misdirection so it doesn’t create much. 
 Especially with the health of our wrs a 2 back set, and more running with split touches is needed. 

I worry about the usage of Brady in general. We go long stretches where he isn’t carrying the ball then pound him into the dirt on a drive. More steady touches would be better. 

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

For the record my mom is currently in a wheelchair so ppl who are offended by it. Why. It’s not an insult. It’s reality 

pretty widely accepted use of the term these days. It’s not considered a serious pejorative by any means. 

21 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Sorry to see this. The Lions will not be the same team if he’s out for any length of time. That being said, with losing as many players as we have for as long as we have, no one has felt sorry for us. How you deal with injury is factored into football teams because unfortunately it is part of the game. The Lions really want to be in the Grey Cup at home this year. Up until last night I would have said there was a 95% chance of that. Without Adam’s that will drop significantly, especially if we can keep playing like we did in this game and can get back in the mix …

Campbell tells the media in BC that Adams knee injury will be out a matter of weeks, not months. That it isn't season ending. For Adams sake, I hope he is back sooner than later but why do I think his comments were made to stop the panic in the Lions fanbase. When he does come back, I expect he'll no longer be able to scramble around. His mobility may be an issue. 

Watching the game for the 3rd time now... think it's all been said but

I'm really liking Randolph, no way he sits if he keeps this up til Neuf is back, we have the ratio flexibility to leave him in

Nice to see guys like Johnson building chemistry and confidence, we need everyone to step up

Best secondary in the league right now

Three man pressure getting it done, Garbutt Adams Hubert Woods giving me hope for the future while Willy keeps on being Willy

Still not using Strev to full effect... figure it out!

On 2024-08-02 at 3:48 PM, johnzo said:

140 touches in 8 games.  17.5 a game.  He's getting more touches so far this year than he got last year (16.7) or 2022 (12.5)

That's honestly surprising. Though this year he's getting a lot of check down passes...which isn't horrible. But I'm talking about more straight up runs. Just my personal preference, I want more smash mouth football 

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's honestly surprising. Though this year he's getting a lot of check down passes...which isn't horrible. But I'm talking about more straight up runs. Just my personal preference, I want more smash mouth football 

thats coming once fall arrives....you can book that

21 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Watching the game for the 3rd time now... think it's all been said but

I'm really liking Randolph, no way he sits if he keeps this up til Neuf is back, we have the ratio flexibility to leave him in

Nice to see guys like Johnson building chemistry and confidence, we need everyone to step up

Best secondary in the league right now

Three man pressure getting it done, Garbutt Adams Hubert Woods giving me hope for the future while Willy keeps on being Willy

Still not using Strev to full effect... figure it out!

yup....he's not just a battering ram....and if used with more variation...he could be lethal