3 stars plus hh bc sucks again!

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The timing of it just seemed weird to me. Like take your 3 points and the game was still within reach. Unless the Bombers D was just in their heads that much and they felt they were desperate. 

I was thinking they felt a TD there was their only shot at winning.  Which was probably correct - as that was the only time they drove the ball.

I can't pick 3 stars. Our secondary is incredible - Bonds, Nichols, Holm, and Ford were all awesome all night and they have been mostly all season. Best secondary in the league, easily.

Thank god for Pokey Wilson... our offence would be truly screwed without him.

Kendall Randolph - welcome to your new permanent home on the starting OL

Brady Oliveira - It seems like he is getting stronger by the game. Running hard and fast and violent.

Happy Honker to Zach Collaros for doing exactly what he needed to do to win this game. No stupid throws into coverage, and that run for a first down was a thing of beauty - haven't seen that side of Collaros in quite some time.

3-6 is a tough first half of the season but heading into the bye with guys starting to get healthy and everyone feeling great about their game... we're on an upward trajectory and the forecast is suddenly looking a lot sunnier.

Just now, Atomic said:

3-6 is a tough first half of the season but heading into the bye with guys starting to get healthy and everyone feeling great about their game... we're on an upward trajectory and the forecast is suddenly looking a lot sunnier.

Some good coaching decisions were made this week - and the players responded.

54 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Some good coaching decisions were made this week - and the players responded.

Yeah since we justifiably rip on a lot of the roster management and coaching decisions, we have to give credit when it’s due. 
Randolph at guard, using 8 Canadians instead of 11, getting Lucky on. All good decisions. 

I’d hope moving forward it doesn’t take 2 awful losses and injuries to get them making the right choices

18 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah since we justifiably rip on a lot of the roster management and coaching decisions, we have to give credit when it’s due. 
Randolph at guard, using 8 Canadians instead of 11, getting Lucky on. All good decisions. 

I’d hope moving forward it doesn’t take 2 awful losses and injuries to get them making the right choices

The changes tho needed...were only due to injury...If guys weren't hurt...they wouldn't have been made....Thats  the osh way/mentality and it's hurt us

Randolph made a huge impact...Lofton was much better and the fact Randolph is very mobile and active...and can get out and find guys to move/block and switch up what he's doing allowed Lofton to focus on what he needed to do.

Now if Osh can get over his tendency to just roster guys he likes....and Swap out the center...we may have instantly made a questionable Oline into a solid...and nasty one

Same with defence...It pretty apparent that sets with Thomas...and ones without him were night and day...Look at Adams sack...pressured the QB out of the pocket...into more pressure...stopped...changed direction and then came back and made the sack from behind...We need more of that snap wise.

Garbutt and WJ working real well together and he's getting his game legs now....he just goes and goes and was causing a lot of disruption....and it's no coincidence WJ had his best game of the yr with less thomas/schmeck...and heavier Woods/Adams and Garbutt getting in a groove...If we just plopped Thomas on the IRPR and added another Canadian elsewhere we would be so much better off...The fact too Haba is on the 1 game and not re-upped on the 6 game is also interesting....Imagine adding him to the mix

BA has quietly strung some games together...and interesting on ZC commenting that BA has been playing through something this yr...maybe he finally coming back to full health

Still think Case is pointless...especially with Lucky here who adds something and seemed to give the whole unit a lift....Add Smith back as an extra weapon....Swap out Johnson with Lawler when he ready and going with Lawler..Woli..Demski..Lucky..Wilson and Clercius, and having BO...Smith and JA on the roster we will be looking pretty good....Even let Murphy get some roster time in Jakes spot....see if he has a future here, and he plays cover teams

Gotta hand it to Biggie too....he didnt stand out for the wrong reasons last night....was that due tothe dline gettig after it?...who knows but he was solid

....THE D......especially shut down Ford....

....THE O.....Brady and the O Line with Randolph in there looked great

....Zack.....seemed to come alive and looked like his own self 

...............special mention ...Castillo ....man am I glad we kept this guy around BUT can we find a kicker

9 hours ago, johnzo said:

he looked smooth motioning out to cover the onside guy.  I wonder if our FG cover team is coached for that situation or if that was good football smarts?

He said they do prep for it and that the kick was at the edge of whytes range and into a light breeze so they suspected it. He also did kr and played offence in college/hs. And it was mcinnis he was up against for the ball. Big time fight inside that guy. 

9 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

HH to Hollie Jefferson, she was feeling it last night. Giving it to the refs and supporting her team like I have never seen before. You go Girl!!!

The First Lady of Winnipeg. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

The changes tho needed...were only due to injury...If guys weren't hurt...they wouldn't have been made....Thats  the osh way/mentality and it's hurt us

Randolph made a huge impact...Lofton was much better and the fact Randolph is very mobile and active...and can get out and find guys to move/block and switch up what he's doing allowed Lofton to focus on what he needed to do.

Now if Osh can get over his tendency to just roster guys he likes....and Swap out the center...we may have instantly made a questionable Oline into a solid...and nasty one

Same with defence...It pretty apparent that sets with Thomas...and ones without him were night and day...Look at Adams sack...pressured the QB out of the pocket...into more pressure...stopped...changed direction and then came back and made the sack from behind...We need more of that snap wise.

Garbutt and WJ working real well together and he's getting his game legs now....he just goes and goes and was causing a lot of disruption....and it's no coincidence WJ had his best game of the yr with less thomas/schmeck...and heavier Woods/Adams and Garbutt getting in a groove...If we just plopped Thomas on the IRPR and added another Canadian elsewhere we would be so much better off...The fact too Haba is on the 1 game and not re-upped on the 6 game is also interesting....Imagine adding him to the mix

BA has quietly strung some games together...and interesting on ZC commenting that BA has been playing through something this yr...maybe he finally coming back to full health

Still think Case is pointless...especially with Lucky here who adds something and seemed to give the whole unit a lift....Add Smith back as an extra weapon....Swap out Johnson with Lawler when he ready and going with Lawler..Woli..Demski..Lucky..Wilson and Clercius, and having BO...Smith and JA on the roster we will be looking pretty good....Even let Murphy get some roster time in Jakes spot....see if he has a future here, and he plays cover teams

Gotta hand it to Biggie too....he didnt stand out for the wrong reasons last night....was that due tothe dline gettig after it?...who knows but he was solid

Just in Case they pull him for Smith, I'd be onside with that.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Agree with most of this.

Except I’ve liked what I see from Case. Haven’t looked closely at his averages but he catches the ball and runs hard. Seems like a matter of time before he breaks one, if blockers can give him a seam.

Nothing wrong with letting Lucky field some kicks too. Think he was on the KR unit yesterday.

Case seems very average to me but at least catches the ball and runs forward.

If Woli and Lawler are healthy after the break then we won't need our returner to also be a backup receiver and we could go back to Chris Smith and even use Lucky on some kickoffs.

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He said they do prep for it and that the kick was at the edge of whytes range and into a light breeze so they suspected it. He also did kr and played offence in college/hs. And it was mcinnis he was up against for the ball. Big time fight inside that guy.

that's some good detail-focused special teams coaching.  GOAT at work.

15 minutes ago, TommyClements said:

Agree with most of this.

Except I’ve liked what I see from Case. Haven’t looked closely at his averages but he catches the ball and runs hard. Seems like a matter of time before he breaks one, if blockers can give him a seam.

Nothing wrong with letting Lucky field some kicks too. Think he was on the KR unit yesterday.

Smith did too tho...and he seems to run harder and looks like he has more potential to break something...Case not so much....plus be nice to have a different type of weapon available dor the offence....Case is just a poorer version of Demski...Lucky...Wilson....No need for another small size receiver...

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Case seems very average to me but at least catches the ball and runs forward.

If Woli and Lawler are healthy after the break then we won't need our returner to also be a backup receiver and we could go back to Chris Smith and even use Lucky on some kickoffs.

Not sure why we didnt use Lucky on kick offs...maybe they will integrate him into it

12 hours ago, Booch said:

Dline...well WJ..Garbutt..Adams..Woods...solid...active...aggressive...more please

Whole defensive backfield...solid and physical

Randolph/Lucky..Randolph...huge impact...solid and athletic..switching blocks..finding guys to move....Lucky...spark...smarts...nice decoy on the motion ....threat everytime ball in his hands

HH to Ayers for almost killing a guy

3 more tweaks...center...punter...returner....and minimize Thomas use or 6 game him...he is nowhere near the player the other 4 mentioned are and we are noticeably weaker on his reps

The collision between Ayers and the BC player was nasty. Both players knocked-out and didn't finish the game. 3 down nation touched on the play. I think the NFL is trying something new this season with kick-offs?? 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

he definately didnt look like a fresh rookie

Dude started out as a tight end on Bamba and by the end of his career he was starting games in their o-line. He obviously has a lot of talent probably just a little raw. A lot of room to grow for sure. I like that they gave him the opportunity to get into the lineup instead of just plugging Wallace or Eli in Neufelds place. 

The 3 stars are easy to pick this week.....O'line with Randolf kept Zack prety clean and paved the way for Brady.

Entire defence...not many times in the CFL we have a shut-out. Tend to agree though that we could be even better if 95 was replaced. Solid game from Biggie who is clearly the QB of the D.

Sergio. Saw on twitter this morning that Sergio is clearly not skipping leg day!

All in all great game from the whole team and in front of 31k fans makes it even better.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Case and Smith look pretty similar as a returner to my eyes... I think this is just a case of Booch channeling his inner O'Shea and preferring one guy over the other just because.

no...I going by talent and potential...Usefulness as a whole to the roster

Also Smith was a legit top tier return prospect when he went thru NFL draft....Has legit world class explosion speed...and runs harder...being a RB also helps in that

We have enough guys like Case...time to turn the page on that one...they def similar...but Smith has more value and potential upside

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Same with defence...It pretty apparent that sets with Thomas...and ones without him were night and day...

did we run any four-man pressure without Thomas?  What I saw was that the sacks we got from our three-man pressure were coverage sacks -- Adams could not deal with us dropping nine and he danced around the pocket too long.

Would've liked for Biggie to wrap up on that sack he got, he just kinda bounced off Adams and someone else had to finish the job.

I don't get why BC completely abandoned the run -- they were in second-and-long constantly -- Stanback only had three runs in the first half plus a wobbly catch.  Seems like in earlier games this year they were establishing the run more...

I'm with Booch on the Case vs. Smith question .. Smith seems like he's got burst that Case doesn't have.