3 stars plus hh bc sucks again!

14 minutes ago, ddanger said:

The 3 stars are easy to pick this week.....O'line with Randolf kept Zack prety clean and paved the way for Brady.

Entire defence...not many times in the CFL we have a shut-out. Tend to agree though that we could be even better if 95 was replaced. Solid game from Biggie who is clearly the QB of the D.

Sergio. Saw on twitter this morning that Sergio is clearly not skipping leg day!

All in all great game from the whole team and in front of 31k fans makes it even better.

Of course the 3 stars are easy to pick when you choose way more than 3 stars.  

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost
Spelling

13 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Dude started out as a tight end on Bamba and by the end of his career he was starting games in their o-line. He obviously has a lot of talent probably just a little raw. A lot of room to grow for sure. I like that they gave him the opportunity to get into the lineup instead of just plugging Wallace or Eli in Neufelds place. 

He was basically doing the same as gray did in our jumbo set. Which makes sense in terms of fit. He looked a lot better than he did in pre season too where he played rt. 
 I really like Wallace, and I think he will start for us before too long. But I think his current use age is good for his development. 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Case and Smith look pretty similar as a returner to my eyes... I think this is just a case of Booch channeling his inner O'Shea and preferring one guy over the other just because.

case is more quick but lacking a top gear, smith is pretty quick and has an elite top gear. I see case more hesitant but smith had some hesitancy too. Both catch the ball and mostly go north though case does play for the edge if he sees it. 

8 minutes ago, johnzo said:

did we run any four-man pressure without Thomas?  What I saw was that the sacks we got from our three-man pressure were coverage sacks -- Adams could not deal with us dropping nine and he danced around the pocket too long.

Would've liked for Biggie to wrap up on that sack he got, he just kinda bounced off Adams and someone else had to finish the job.

I don't get why BC completely abandoned the run -- they were in second-and-long constantly -- Stanback only had three runs in the first half plus a wobbly catch.  Seems like in earlier games this year they were establishing the run more...

I'm with Booch on the Case vs. Smith question .. Smith seems like he's got burst that Case doesn't have.

We ran a lot of 30 front with biggie spying on passing downs. We got pressure and a sack once with Jake on the field in a 40. Seemed like his lowest rep game in a long time. 

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was basically doing the same as gray did in our jumbo set. Which makes sense in terms of fit. He looked a lot better than he did in pre season too where he played rt. 
 I really like Wallace, and I think he will start for us before too long. But I think his current use age is good for his development. 

case is more quick but lacking a top gear, smith is pretty quick and has an elite top gear. I see case more hesitant but smith had some hesitancy too. Both catch the ball and mostly go north though case does play for the edge if he sees it. 

We ran a lot of 30 front with biggie spying on passing downs. We got pressure and a sack once with Jake on the field in a 40. Seemed like his lowest rep game in a long time. 

hopefully that is a trend and an epiphany re: Jake and his snaps....the ineffectiveness is noticeable when he is out there...he very limited in what he can do...well....try to do

I would be fine with them sitting both him and Schmeck a game and just dress Hubert and Samson...and see what he can do/offer....then decide the best of the 3 of the DT's and only dress 1 plus Hubert

13 minutes ago, johnzo said:

my picks:

1. the bombers

2. the crowd

3. the rum hut

HH God who made it all.

Crunch of the game: the Big Bang

Block of the game: the collision that formed the Moon.

Speaking of crowd...we must be averaging at least 30k per game so far...no? That is impressive as a fan base with all that's gone on so far

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Speaking of crowd...we must be averaging at least 30k per game so far...no? That is impressive as a fan base with all that's gone on so far

Not sure how many actually came to the game, but the ones that were there seemed very loud. 226 was jumpin all night...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

hopefully that is a trend and an epiphany re: Jake and his snaps....the ineffectiveness is noticeable when he is out there...he very limited in what he can do...well....try to do

I would be fine with them sitting both him and Schmeck a game and just dress Hubert and Samson...and see what he can do/offer....then decide the best of the 3 of the DT's and only dress 1 plus Hubert

Imagine a future with a dl rotation of wj woods Adams lawson fox Habba garbutt and Hubert? Un freaking stoppable. You got Hubert who could play some inside, Adams who can play inside and out woods and fox can both play edge in a 30 front too. 
 That with Cole back, jones and Kyrie? 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Even his "good" kicks weren't all that great, either. What kind of incriminating evidence does he have?

Maybe mos has a kink for his accent like he does for military uniforms… 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Imagine a future with a dl rotation of wj woods Adams lawson fox Habba garbutt and Hubert? Un freaking stoppable. You got Hubert who could play some inside, Adams who can play inside and out woods and fox can both play edge in a 30 front too. 

Maybe mos has a kink for his accent like he does for military uniforms… 

with Griffen and Bonds only getting better....be a killer defense...they already are tops in league with only allowing 20 points a game...imagine with all the best guys back...and playing

Whats it been now...over 2 games without surrendering a TD?

53 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

A picture of MOS in a t-shirt that says I hate Canadian born football players.

Osh has a bad quirk/habit of falling in love with a unique skill/good story/under dog player/tenured aged out vet....even if it's not the best choice ...thankfully this yr injury has allowed us to get some guys on the roster who may not have got a sniff

1- That defense was very fun to watch, they were smacking so hard, kept Vernon 47 yard in the firdy half is Dominant with BCs receiving core

2- Sergio sets fhe cfl record for two+ 60s in a season, anyone clould have a bad game. What does he go and do the next? He goes 6/6 last night with another 60 bomb.

3- BO ran a hard 100 yards, into everyone like a train. Transition from Harris to BO was just a phenomenaly good deal for us. Brady has been worth every penny.......except is ******* fumbles.

Edited by Nolby

2 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

I'm gonna take my bonus from work and buy all the Jake Thomas jerseys, Wade will see the spike in dollars and make sure O'Shea keeps playing him. 

Are there even any in the store? 

26 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

Good point, they'll need to be a special order. That will get them even more excited about Thomas fan popularity

You shut your dirty mouth!! Lol

On 2024-08-02 at 1:56 PM, wbbfan said:

This would be ideal but then you're using all you're DIs on DL and LB... that won't happen... only way we're playing 8 on DL is with another Canadian or Int dressed... assuming Lawson is done for the year, best case for the team is probably Willie, Woods, Adams, Garbutt starting with Habba (DI), Thomas, Schmek, and Hubert rotating in....

Edited by bearpants