FNF Als @ Ti Cats GDT

SECTION 5 – LIMITS OF REPLAY
If a ruling of down with contact is made on the field and the play killed by whistle, if replays show the play should have been ruled a fumble, the ball will only be awarded to the other team should there be a clear recovery

The wording is clear recovery, not immediate recovery. Replay booth should know the rules and apply them correctly.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Those at the CC should be fired. Randy will buy them new scarves. 

He'll be a FA next winter. 

Wally Buono's name is being bandied about as next commissioner, but his age....

8 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Tbh at this point, i feel like they use command centre reviews as a means to artificially keep games closer.

Maybe i am losing it though lol

😉paranoia.gif

19 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Tbh at this point, i feel like they use command centre reviews as a means to artificially keep games closer.

I was JUST thinking that this morning. It really feels like the command centre is a game management tool... and if it is that **** needs to get gone. Game management by the refs is one of the worst aspects of hockey and we don't need that crap in football.

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Line Judge #42 Eric Gyebi was right there. Missed both the fumble and Alouettes recovery. Baffling. CFL should explain on what basis the on-field mistake was not overturned after video review.

Best they can do is fining people for criticizing the reffing 

8 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I’ve thought they do this for years now, not necessarily just the CC but in general. 

On 2024-08-02 at 7:53 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Command Center backing it up is even worse.

Did they back it up or abstain. I don't recall hearing a review but I may have missed it.

Edit: Apparently there was a review. I missed it. But I never heard Proulx with the "After review the ruling on the field stands"

Edited by Deiter Fan

On 2024-08-03 at 10:18 AM, Booch said:

Age is nothing...if u can do the job..and well...then give er!

That includes on the field too...Big Stan being a good example...

We need a Commissioner who can lead this league into the 21st Century. My son lives in Seattle. He can't watch the majority of games on Hulu because he doesn't have the CBS Sports app. Thwere's no marketing plan from the league HQ. We need someone with some savvy to lead the CFL. I'd go after someone from the NBA who would want to be Commissioner.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need a Commissioner who can lead this league into the 21st Century. My son lives in Seattle. He can't watch the majority of games on Hulu because he doesn't have the CBS Sports app. Thwere's no marketing plan from the league HQ. We need someone with some savvy to lead the CFL. I'd go after someone from the NBA who would want to be Commissioner.

We need someone who is way younger, who understands that TV isn't the only way to provide the games. 

14 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

We need someone who is way younger, who understands that TV isn't the only way to provide the games. 

Absolutely agree. I can't believe that the league has no choices on how to grow & prosper. The problem is the people leading the league. Not the game. We're a niche league with 3 downs. Globally, 4 down football is what other countries play. So, the league needs to take the game to the world. Find a way.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

When my son plugs in his laptop to watch football on his 70 inch smart tv he gets a message saying the game is not available in his area. How in God's name is that growing the game??? CFL fans in the US can't watch the games. My son is so disgusted with CBS Sports that he's losing interest in the CFL. The second year in a row he can't watch games. He can watch all kinds of college & NFL games. We're losing out in America & it's the CFL's fault.