SNF Elks @ Riders GDT

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

that loss to Sask hurts more than any... especially cuz that was for the season series with a labour day/banjo bowl split likely... had the Bomber won that, they would shockingly be in a good position for first place at mid-season

I don't think the next 2 are a split now...we have seemed.to really found a defensive rotation that's working now...If Randolph is real.deal at guard...Lawler back...Lucky now in mix...maybe ZC and Buck changing our offensive philosophy...I can't see Sask scoring more than us  to win either those games....A win in BC after the bye...a convincing one I can actually see a real run coming up

It's entirely possible that we are going to be right back in the hunt.

BC likely without VA

Against Hamilton at home. We seem to have trouble with eastern teams sometimes but we're at home. I like our chances

Back-to-back against the Riders when they are down trending. I won't pretend like we will win Labour day. That is a tough one. But I think it's better that we are playing our best defensively in that game. And it seems we are.

4 games that are very winnable. Critical games to win the season series against BC and Sask. I'm excited.

12 minutes ago, BBlink said:

It's entirely possible that we are going to be right back in the hunt.

BC likely without VA

Against Hamilton at home. We seem to have trouble with eastern teams sometimes but we're at home. I like our chances

Back-to-back against the Riders when they are down trending. I won't pretend like we will win Labour day. That is a tough one. But I think it's better that we are playing our best defensively in that game. And it seems we are.

4 games that are very winnable. Critical games to win the season series against BC and Sask. I'm excited.

I tend to agree - I think we could win in BC after the week off and then split with the Riders. Winning in Regina on Labor day is a tall task and I would not place much stalk in their demise just yet. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I don't think the next 2 are a split now...we have seemed.to really found a defensive rotation that's working now...If Randolph is real.deal at guard...Lawler back...Lucky now in mix...maybe ZC and Buck changing our offensive philosophy...I can't see Sask scoring more than us  to win either those games....A win in BC after the bye...a convincing one I can actually see a real run coming up

Those are certainly a lot of positives that can lead to a second half resurgence and winning those back to back games is not out of the question. I also really like the offence now showing more ball control type of attack. With the real added threat of long explosion plays and a stingy defense that creates turnovers that could be a lethal combination.

19 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

You’re smarter than this, Booch. You said this when we played you guys, you basically say it every week.

Not sure if it’s just too much bias against the Riders or what, but yeesh. 

Yeesh what? You guys play like that in the LDC and BB and you will get blown out both games. Over the past 3 games for each team the Bombers look better than the Riders. Much better.

7 hours ago, Booch said:

I agree. I think we have shaken off whatever was ailing us earlier this season. Our D is reminiscent of 2019.

2 hours ago, do or die said:

The O STILL needs to score more TD's........

Kenny Lawler will help that a lot.

6 hours ago, BBRT said:

I tend to agree - I think we could win in BC after the week off and then split with the Riders. Winning in Regina on Labor day is a tall task and I would not place much stalk in their demise just yet. 

Sadly I think we'll need to win both games against the Riders. No more do overs. Time to go on a winning streak and win both the Lions and Riders season series.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

And we got enough guys on the IR to have a real argument about who is the most 4-6

Paddy definitely the Four To Six-iest, but we might need a walk off...

Edited by Noeller

On 2024-08-03 at 8:01 PM, BBlink said:

Seriously though that was egregious.

The only thing about it that was more egregious was Suitor saying the defender hit him from the side when you could CLEARLY see his hands on the numbers on his back.

Edited by Deiter Fan

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Corey Mace's comments after their loss to the Elks saying that they weren't prepared to play & that he'll take responsibility for that. How??? Will he resign? Will he fine himself?? His job is to get them ready. So, Mace's words ring hollow.

Recognize where he fell short?

Address those short comings?

Make changes to improve on those short comings?

The dude is a first time HC- he deserves some slack.

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

#ZC24

the-hnl.gif