SNF Elks @ Riders GDT

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Like said earlier...smoke and mirror start..what were they..4-0...many said record was due to who they played...playing out just as suspected

West just tightened right up and it's still up for grabs now who takes 1st

You’re smarter than this, Booch. You said this when we played you guys, you basically say it every week.

Not sure if it’s just too much bias against the Riders or what, but yeesh. 

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Like said earlier...smoke and mirror start..what were they..4-0...many said record was due to who they played...playing out just as suspected

West just tightened right up and it's still up for grabs now who takes 1st

They also capitalized on turnovers. It was going to be hard to maintain +3 in turnovers every game. 

8 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

You’re smarter than this, Booch. You said this when we played you guys, you basically say it every week.

Not sure if it’s just too much bias against the Riders or what, but yeesh. 

Yeah...we were prob worst in league when u played us...and Hamilton was right on our heals...Elks....so really what's the dispute..u beat up on all winless teams...and have to add...were gifted a couple games...luck doesn't last 18 games 

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...we were prob worst in league when u played us...and Hamilton was right on our heals...Elks....so really what's the dispute..u beat up on all winless teams...and have to add...were gifted a couple games...luck doesn't last 18 games 

No it doesn’t, but it’s asinine to suggest pure luck in every win lol. Are they the best? No. But are they competing for the west? Absolutely.

16 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Welllll then I guess you should be more concerned with your own squad ;)

In all seriousness, it’s wide open. No one team looks heads and shoulders above the rest. Most open it’s been in a long time.

Agree with this 100%.

Still, pretty funny to watch the tone on the Rider board utterly transform from absolute braggadocio and arrogance to “the sky is falling” and “remove all sharp objects” in less than 48 hours! 🤣 it’s their fans certainty of the Riders VAST superiority over their prairie rivals about a third of the way thru the season (AFTER getting their asses ROYALLY handed to them by the Blue for 4 straight years) that’s esp amusing.

10 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Agree with this 100%.

Still, pretty funny to watch the tone on the Rider board utterly transform from absolute braggadocio and arrogance to “the sky is falling” and “remove all sharp objects” in less than 48 hours! 🤣 it’s their fans certainty of the Riders VAST superiority over their prairie rivals about a third of the way thru the season (AFTER getting their asses ROYALLY handed to them by the Blue for 4 straight years) that’s esp amusing.

Anyone with any sort of attitude of superiority right now has either had too many rums, or is ignorant. Seen too much crap the last two years to feel any sort of comfort at this point. 

I am enjoying the season so far, but by no means do I feel any sort of overconfident. I do think they're still a good team, though.

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Anyone with any sort of attitude of superiority right now has either had too many rums, or is ignorant. Seen too much crap the last two years to feel any sort of comfort at this point. 

I am enjoying the season so far, but by no means do I feel any sort of overconfident. I do think they're still a good team, though.

The riders are full marks for their record, you are what your record says u are, as Milt likes to say. That means the riders are better than the bombers (to date). And much improved. Whereas the Blue have taken a step back.

That said, the Bombers seem to be improving. If the trend continues and they get Lawler and a few other pieces back…well, don’t look up now but that may be the drone of planes bearing down on Riderville and the air raid sirens are certainly going off over there! 

Or maybe not. Too early to tell. We absolutely agree there!

My point was simply about the attitudes of a good number of your brethren on RF. Yeah, enjoy your success, but maintain some basic humility, eh? And just what’s with all the toxic hatred of MOS? Juvenile, and really smacks of bitter sour grapes. Just coz he has presided over your demolition for 4 yrs running?! I mean, u can hate him cuz he’s good, but calling him a POS every week? Grow the f up.

2 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

The riders are full marks for their record, you are what your record says u are, as Milt likes to say. That means the riders are better than the bombers (to date). And much improved. Whereas the Blue have taken a step back.

That said, the Bombers seem to be improving. If the trend continues and they get Lawler and a few other pieces back…well, don’t look up now but that may be the drone of planes bearing down on Riderville and the air raid sirens are certainly going off over there! 

Or maybe not. Too early to tell. We absolutely agree there!

My point was simply about the attitudes of a good number of your brethren on RF. Yeah, enjoy your success, but maintain some basic humility, eh? And just what’s with all the toxic hatred of MOS? Juvenile, and really smacks of bitter sour grapes. Just coz he has presided over your demolition for 4 yrs running?! I mean, u can hate him cuz he’s good, but calling him a POS every week? Grow the f up.

I cannot comment on this as he pre-dated me by a couple years, but many of them have a strong distaste from MOS as a player.

22 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

21570659-3c98-4fbc-860b-d19e304745bd_tex

Cuz, I am old enough to rememebr MANY GDT here this year...

Hey, you’re probably right ‘bout that, at least with some. Tho I really try to avoid that sorta bs. On the other hand, at least Blue fan arrogance comes with a team that’s made 4 straight cup appearances. Doesn’t excuse it, but at least not as inexplicably insane, imo.

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

Great to see. What’s crazy tho is the entire upper deck was empty. 

good for Edmonton. Good for the standings. Good for the cfl and tre ford. Real bad for Sask tho. 1 800 save the riders 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Bombers 4 points out of first. 

that loss to Sask hurts more than any... especially cuz that was for the season series with a labour day/banjo bowl split likely... had the Bomber won that, they would shockingly be in a good position for first place at mid-season