TNF-Rough Riders V Roughriders

45 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Nor in the eyes of the courts.  Dyce is the leader of young men who he lectures to turn the other cheek when physically fouled or provoked, maybe he's also the kind of leader that preaches, do what I say, not what I do.

DEFINITELY in the eyes of the court words stated can be used as a defense for applied force. My wife was a use of force instructor with Manitoba Justice. I have sat through enough of her presentations (she would practice her presentations on me) on the use of force continuum to know that words can definitely constitute a credible threat that allows an officer, or citizen, to react with force. A credible threat, or even the perception that the threat was credible, can justify a use of force.

Edited by GCn20

34 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Nor in the eyes of the courts.  Dyce is the leader of young men who he lectures to turn the other cheek when physically fouled or provoked, maybe he's also the kind of leader that preaches, do what I say, not what I do.

Just because guys were pulling Dyce back away from the guy who shouldn't have been there doesn't mean there was a threat of violence.  They were exchanging heated words and some other people stepped into pull Dyce back to get him away from the guy, but there was no indication that he was threatening violence at all.

3 minutes ago, Sard said:

Just because guys were pulling Dyce back away from the guy who shouldn't have been there doesn't mean there was a threat of violence.  They were exchanging heated words and some other people stepped into pull Dyce back to get him away from the guy, but there was no indication that he was threatening violence at all.

Yea...I tend to agree. He was heated but not necessarily violent. If he's just animated and calling a clown a clown I see no harm on his part. If he was trying to initiate a fight, or threatening the man then Fatty Liver may have a point. As stated above words can definitely be used as legal grounds to defend oneself and challenging a person to a fight or threatening them can open you up to getting popped in the mouth and is not something a coach should be doing.

14 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Karma caused the goof to harass Dyce, because he celebrated, and he deserved it. I did not know that. 

There's Noeller again. Claiming he blocks my posts but goes out of his way to laugh when ever I say something he disagrees with. I'm in your head, Noeller. always have been, Always will be. You have to read everything I say, Lol.

Edited by SpeedFlex27