SNF Lions @ Elks GDT

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

be an interesting weekend....we take this one from BC...we have season series with them an calgary and if Mtl beats Sask...which I cant see not happening....we are right in the mix...whoda thunk 3 weeks ago

If we beat B.C. we also have the season series against them. Plus the back to back against Saskatchewan looming. If there’s an urgency to take one in Saskatchewan it’s this year. Having the tie breakers against three western teams would be huge. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

If we beat B.C. we also have the season series against them. Plus the back to back against Saskatchewan looming. If there’s an urgency to take one in Saskatchewan it’s this year. Having the tie breakers against three western teams would be huge. 

yup....and from where we seem to be heading...and where BC and Sassk look to be going...I see opportunity

I don't see Dolegala beating us on Sun. Unless, Rouke, all of a sudden fall on BC Lions lap this week. hat will be a different story.. I'm confident we will beat BC for the season series. 

I am more concerned with the LDC. We need to win LDC and Banjo (possibly playing against Trevor Harris) to get the season series against the Riders. 

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I don't see Dolegala beating us on Sun. Unless, Rouke, all of a sudden fall on BC Lions lap this week. hat will be a different story.. I'm confident we will beat BC for the season series. 

I am more concerned with the LDC. We need to win LDC and Banjo (possibly playing against Trevor Harris) to get the season series against the Riders. 

Any update on the status of Trevor Harris?  Once he's back behind center they become a much harder team to defeat, they only need to win half their remaining games to secure a playoff spot.

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Patterson will prob give us more issues than sitting duck Harris...who'm hasnt played since week 3....tho our defence now seems light yrs ahead of where it was 3 weeks ago....so a scrambling QB may not have his way like before

If we bet the Lions....Like i see as being highly likely...and Hamilton at home....which should be a given...we then are on a lil heater going into LDC...and may have even more healthy bodies back too...Those two back to backs if we win both could have us sitting in 1st.....I think MTL should handle Sask easily this weekend and then they go to T.O following week....always a tough win there for reasons unknown to anyone

The thing is this cfl season has been the definition of inconsistent and also unpredictable

How many thought we would dominate a bc team that was at home, off a bye, on a short week. Or stamps being undefeated at home and winless on road. I sure didn't see bolevi being the top passer stats wise.

It feels like its less based on talent and more who plays with the most physicality, and least mistakes

3 hours ago, Booch said:

be an interesting weekend....we take this one from BC...we have season series with them an calgary and if Mtl beats Sask...which I cant see not happening....we are right in the mix...whoda thunk 3 weeks ago

Tbh I thought it. There are two types of losing and one is much more easy to fix. There is losing by not executing well, and there is losing by not having enough talent. The first was the Bombers first third of the season. Losses are losses and they hurt but this team has the talent to turn it around in a big way if they get out of their own way. I felt that way 3 weeks ago and I feel that way now. Hopefully they have turned that corner, and I think they have. The first 6 games were a pretty good team consistently shooting itself in the foot.

Edited by GCn20

We've dug ourselves such a hole that our margin for error is pretty thin. Everything is trending toward the Bombers being back in the race. But this next game against BC is going to be vitally important. If we lose this one (I don't expect it - truthfully) things will not look good for us at all. The difference will be being within 1 game of BC with the season series vs. Being back 4 games (because we would no longer have the season series) which would be pretty devastating TBH. That said, even if we mess that up, 3rd in the west would still be attainable. If we want any shot of a home playoff game we need this one.

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Tbh I thought it. There are two types of losing and one is much more easy to fix. There is losing by not executing well, and there is losing by not having enough talent. The first was the Bombers first third of the season. Losses are losses and they hurt but this team has the talent to turn it around in a big way if they get out of their own way. I felt that way 3 weeks ago and I feel that way now. Hopefully they have turned that corner, and I think they have. The first 6 games were a pretty good team consistently shooting itself in the foot.

agreed and hard to argue with that..Was a combo of some questionable coaching/bad TC agenda to start the yr...some uncharacteristic bad play (I hope that what it was as most seems to have evaporated) and a bit of roster use/injury issues....we have some guys coming back now....some guys have appeared to be bumped off roster/reduced their snaps (Thomas in particular last 2 games)  and seem more prepared and ready now in games more times than not

next 9 gonna be a barn burner for sure and fact we have 1 more with BC and 2 with Sask really bodes well for us  if we take care of business and win all 3...as we have season series then with all 3 teams ahead of us