SNF Lions @ Elks GDT

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The thing is this cfl season has been the definition of inconsistent and also unpredictable

How many thought we would dominate a bc team that was at home, off a bye, on a short week. Or stamps being undefeated at home and winless on road. I sure didn't see bolevi being the top passer stats wise.

It feels like its less based on talent and more who plays with the most physicality, and least mistakes

The game was in Winnipeg... but otherwise, you are correct, most didn't see that coming. 

Our hole is pretty deep, can we climb out...there is a chance...will it be easy...no...but we have a chance, this is what builds character and chemistry and a mindset for winning, they have a chance it's what they do with this chance that matters....Win this week and we are our whole outlook looks 180 degrees from a few weeks ago, lose and it's back to what it was....BC is a good team, they are mostly well coached and have talent...but they have injuries and doubt has crept in, they are losing the "big play VA" mentality and without that they are struggling, they are losing footing, this is a great chance to prove we have the character and "want" this season....can we win...yes...will it be easy, heck no.....

But if the o-line can give Zach time, play bruising "bully ball" with Brady and the d-line can generate some pressure like it started to two weeks ago....we can win....is a three import o-line the magic elixir the offence needed....can an all import three front on defence continue to wreak havoc when deployed.....I can't wait to see...

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Any update on the status of Trevor Harris?  Once he's back behind center they become a much harder team to defeat, they only need to win half their remaining games to secure a playoff spot.

As per Twitter he is practicing. 

5 hours ago, BBlink said:

We've dug ourselves such a hole that our margin for error is pretty thin. Everything is trending toward the Bombers being back in the race. But this next game against BC is going to be vitally important. If we lose this one (I don't expect it - truthfully) things will not look good for us at all. The difference will be being within 1 game of BC with the season series vs. Being back 4 games (because we would no longer have the season series) which would be pretty devastating TBH. That said, even if we mess that up, 3rd in the west would still be attainable. If we want any shot of a home playoff game we need this one.

Backing into the playoffs with a mediocre record and because the other western teams are worse is pretty much a guarantee of an early playoff exit (probably in a humiliating fashion) or choking out in the Grey Cup game for the third straight time. Bombers need to leave a trail of destruction in their  wake from here on.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Backing into the playoffs with a mediocre record and because the other western teams are worse is pretty much a guarantee of an early playoff exit (probably in a humiliating fashion) or choking out in the Grey Cup game for the third straight time. Bombers need to leave a trail of destruction in their  wake from here on.

yup....epic tear.....I agree.....and keep that defensive dominance going...amazingly we have only surrendered 20 pts a game....best in league....keep that up....our offence doesn't need to be prolific...just good...consist ant and control the ball....and stop the fumbles

44 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Kill them all. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, coach17 said:

The Program!!!!!! Love that movie!! Probably one of the most realistic 80s football movies ever made!

The best!

Like I mentioned before...former Bomber in it..."the hitman" Patrick Hinton...r.i.p

Edited by Booch

I didn't know that the BC lions were named after a mountain range. I didn't know that until about a year or two ago. So this mountain range was named by a couple British guys that thought that the mountain ranges looked like the Trafalgar Square Lions in england. Which are typical Lions you'll see in English royalty stuff with manes. 

I always thought it was weird that the BC Lions had what appeared to be a female lion on their helmet but I also thought maybe it was like a mountain lion? But then when I found out about the history of the team's name I ruled out Mountain mine. Except if you go on Wikipedia it clearly states that the logo is a mountain lion. But the fight song is something like Roar lions roar, and mountain lions don't ******* roar.

Bc sucks. 

1 hour ago, White Out said:

I didn't know that the BC lions were named after a mountain range. I didn't know that until about a year or two ago. So this mountain range was named by a couple British guys that thought that the mountain ranges looked like the Trafalgar Square Lions in england. Which are typical Lions you'll see in English royalty stuff with manes. 

I always thought it was weird that the BC Lions had what appeared to be a female lion on their helmet but I also thought maybe it was like a mountain lion? But then when I found out about the history of the team's name I ruled out Mountain mine. Except if you go on Wikipedia it clearly states that the logo is a mountain lion. But the fight song is something like Roar lions roar, and mountain lions don't ******* roar.

Bc sucks. 

On a related note. 

Hamilton Tiger cats are named for the pervasive stench of feline urine surrounding the city.