FNF Als V The Gappers

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

but you aren't listening.... pretty clear isn't the standard, they needed to see a shot where you can definitively say his foot did slide out before it was off the ground. Did you see that? No you didn't because it didn't exist. Had they ruled him out in real time it would have held up to challenge as well because there's nothing conclusive there. The command centre not over turning stuff like this is entirely different than some of the blatant wrong calls they've made in recent weeks. 

This one was simple insufficient evidence to over turn the call on the field. Which is what the standard was originally supposed to be.

I am not listening because I think he is clearly out, and I think it is definitive. You do not agree, and we never will. Thanks.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It'll be interesting to see what the Als do this off season. Maybe Maas will stab CoFaj in the back like Campbell & Doman have done to Adams.

Not so much a stab in the back imo, more of a case of the Als needing to choose the more skilled or more promising player. 

Same with Adams, it’s not a stab in the back.  

Guy had a terrible game, then got hurt (like he always does). BC’s trying for a home GC. If I was a Lions fan, I’d be livid if they passed on Rourke because of “loyalty” to VA. 

9 hours ago, johnzo said:

they're one of those heartbreaker teams that's like always 2-3 good plays away from winning each game.  They look like they can compete but they usually come up just short.

Every team in the West is just a little shaky on D.  They’ve all had strong games, maybe aside from B.C., but they all have had games where they can’t make the stop to win it.

I thought Alexander out of bounds on that last run too TBH.

Watching the play he planted fine, but as the foot pivoted to turn back into the field a bit, the foot then turned on the line. It was just after that freeze frame they used.

Still, even if they call it out, Montreal has the ball 3rd and short. Fg for OT was on the table or still possibly a touchdown to win. 

This one is so close it's not worth the riders fretting over especially considering the pants on head ******** face masking penalty the als took to even give the riders a chance to miss another kick.

25 minutes ago, itchy said:

I thought Alexander out of bounds on that last run too TBH.

Watching the play he planted fine, but as the foot pivoted to turn back into the field a bit, the foot then turned on the line. It was just after that freeze frame they used.

It's hard to tell if that's a camera issue or if he was actually contacting the ground. Without definitive proof, they shouldn't over turn the call. All the crider tears won't change it, nothing about that play was clear 100%. Keep it as it's called. That's what the command centre should do.

100% right call.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's hard to tell if that's a camera issue or if he was actually contacting the ground. Without definitive proof, they shouldn't over turn the call. All the crider tears won't change it, nothing about that play was clear 100%. Keep it as it's called. That's what the command centre should do.

100% right call.

All I know, is that if that was the call for the Bombers opponent... there would be a seriously different tune Around these parts.

My thoughts on the game:

- Highly entertaining

- Rider defense is strong

- Lauther lost this one (he needs to be replaced, but not till after Banjo Bowl)

- Riders got a P.I. call (Montreal player should receive an Oscar for that flop). Command Centre stayed with the call on the field; which tells me that, going forward, the Command Centre will go with the call on the field in almost all cases.

- West is tightening up!

28 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

My thoughts on the game:

- Highly entertaining

- Rider defense is strong

- Lauther lost this one (he needs to be replaced, but not till after Banjo Bowl)

- Riders got a P.I. call (Montreal player should receive an Oscar for that flop). Command Centre stayed with the call on the field; which tells me that, going forward, the Command Centre will go with the call on the field in almost all cases.

- West is tightening up!

That was PI.  You can't grab and hold with no position, no attempt to play the ball.  That was a classic I'm beat with no help on top of this route desperation grab.  The sell job was pretty weak though too.

12 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Not sure what snarky AF comment you're  trying to make here. . 

national-lampoons-christmas-vacation.gif

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

He did miss 2 or 3 tho against Toronto when we lost. 

There ya go with details again ...

There was space between foot and sideline when he placed his foot...that was clear and undisputeable...when he cut to the inside..it looked like the green had disappeared and possibly his foot touched white..but also possible as he cut the outer portion of his foot was off the ground and above it...either way was not a clear and undisputed proof...and fact no black pellets kicked up from the white stripe tells you he likely didn't touch white...still tho...no iron clad proof to overturn it...so really how could they over rule with their new mandate?

15 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Auclair with terrible leverage plus a weak effort on the tackle...blocks his 2 teammates.

Loved it!!!

14 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

West will be a dogfight 100%. Not one of the 5 teams looks poor, especially if Edmonton is actually rolling now. Though, with the viking himself MBT starting, not sure they can win.

Calgary has a sneaky vibe to me for a team to look out for, not sure what it is. 

Maier just does not seem to have the tools or command presence to lead a team through tough times and Dickenson's antics on the sidelines have to be embarrassing to the players. 

15 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

The incompetence of the command center is astounding.  Just remember the 2021 west final with McSpitty Williams catch that clearly hit the turf but somehow was confirmed and allowed the Cryders to continue.

How the hell are these idiots still employed?   And let's not.forget the shitshow last week in Ottawa.

Anyways love to see the L on the riders as it keeps the Bombers within striking distance.  Looking forward to Sunday.

That missed call was so bad and obvious that the one Rider fan in our section saw the replay, stood up and left before it was overturned