Bombers at Lions GDT

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rourke will be decent...he started out hot...but got figured out..and beat up on the weak sisters alot too...but man the media just gushing and gooing over him is pathetic

And as expected...cue up the excuse train for this one...what will it be if next week he is much the same?

Also...extremely stupid even with him being there albeit 2 yrs ago starting him...and even dumber dumping the backup if Adams is out longer

Rourke starting hot by hitting his check down over the middle over and over. I guess something the Bombers adjusted to (in addition to what they were doing with Stanback) and the rest is history. Kudos to the linebackers and defensive backs who had BC on lock down yet again.

I remember when we hired O'Shea, thought it was another "same old Bombers" move. He looked like he'd get a HC chance eventually but didn't think he was ready for the opportunity yet. So happy to have been so, so wrong. He has been the best Bomber coach I've ever seen, similarly the most successful Bomber era I've ever seen. Also just a really genuine and good guy, from what we've seen and been told.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

What's missing on offense do we think? We have the weapons to be scoring more than 20. I'm not a fan of the play calling but that seems like an easy out?

I put it 99% on buck. Zach played a lot better, ol is a lot better, wrs made plays rbs ran very well. Play design has been awful, no play calls that set up wrinkles down field, poor usage of rubs etc. 

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Who is Jordan Younger and what is kind of sorcery has he conjured. Is it the hat? 

great defenses can be so fun to watch. 

Imo, he’s a future hc of the bombers. Might not be any time soon, but he’s the sharpest football mind on our coaching staff in a long time. 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Campbell: “I don’t know how he did it, adjusting from 4 down football to 3 down football on only 3 days”

Me: “uhhhhhh he didn’t?”

If we gave him a 4th down in every drive he still would’ve sucked to be fair lol. 

7 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Rourke starting hot by hitting his check down over the middle over and over. I guess something the Bombers adjusted to (in addition to what they were doing with Stanback) and the rest is history. Kudos to the linebackers and defensive backs who had BC on lock down yet again.

I meant started hot in 2022....not tonight

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

I remember when we hired O'Shea, thought it was another "same old Bombers" move. He looked like he'd get a HC chance eventually but didn't think he was ready for the opportunity yet. So happy to have been so, so wrong. He has been the best Bomber coach I've ever seen, similarly the most successful Bomber era I've ever seen. Also just a really genuine and good guy, from what we've seen and been told.

He wasn't really to be honest....and lotsa bad decisions.....and if wasn't for some intervening from higher ups basically mandating a change...he may not have got to 30 wins....but was given some rope and leeway and it panned out.....tho he still carries some of the bad traits that almost cost him his job then tho...but has learned from some of his past mistakes...maybe another 100 wins and he will have fixed the rest but wont hold my breath...they key for 2025 is Waler's and Miller taking away some of his stupid options so he has no choice but to move on from them

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

What's missing on offense do we think? We have the weapons to be scoring more than 20. I'm not a fan of the play calling but that seems like an easy out?

I don’t see that it’s one simple thing.

I think some of of it is their bread and butter stuff being figured out in the film room over a couple of years and Buck can’t or won’t adjust well enough. 

The OL taking a step back, especially before they put Randolph in. 

Also, Zach did in fact play like complete trash to start this season. He’s improving but to me his game has still been just average. 

Those factors, plus some key injuries. 

At this point I feel like the offence is equal to what they were at the end of last year honestly. Their last really great game was last years BB. 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

He wasn't really to be honest....and lotsa bad decisions.....and if wasn't for some intervening from higher ups basically mandating a change...he may not have got to 30 wins....but was given some rope and leeway and it panned out.....tho he still carries some of the bad traits that almost cost him his job then tho...but has learned from some of his past mistakes...maybe another 100 wins and he will have fixed the rest but wont hold my breath...they key for 2025 is Waler's and Miller taking away some of his stupid options so he has no choice but to move on from them

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you've made it very, very well known. You're basically spamming the board at this point. He isn't perfect by any means but he's the second-winningest coach in Bomber history and led us out of the worst era we had in a long time. It ain't a fluke. The guy is a really darn good coach.

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

Campbell: “I don’t know how he did it, adjusting from 4 down football to 3 down football on only 3 days”

Me: “uhhhhhh he didn’t?”

You mean 8 of 25 for 126 and 2 picks you and I could have made isn’t doing it? Dude is an nfl qb who never played in an nfl game but still… exhibition don’t count. Streveler is more of a former nfl qb. 

22 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

A better than average oline is missing. O also looks better when Lawler demski lucky all on field. With Wilson and Clercius   To much Johnson on O. He’s a wasted spot. Like Jake on the DL. Just serves little purpose. Jake atleast Canadian right.  It’s like running Augustine when Brady is average 7 yards a carry and only had 4 at half. 

O line. 1 receiver spot and basically play calling by Buck. Lapo disciple and it shows at times. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you've made it very, very well known. You're basically spamming the board at this point. He isn't perfect by any means but he's the second-winningest coach in Bomber history and led us out of the worst era we had in a long time. It ain't a fluke. The guy is a really darn good coach.

This is the point that I remain grateful, for the on field performance. He is part of this impressive franchise acheivement. 

Edited by Rod Black

Just now, Goalie said:

A better than average oline is missing. O also looks better when Lawler demski lucky all on field. With Wilson. To much Johnson on O. He’s a wasted spot. 

Did Johnson take snaps tonight? I didn't even notice him